Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The second year players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: The second year players. Reply with quote

They have not shown the improvement i would expect.

We really need them to step up and had thet improved like they should of we would be at worst 1-1 maybe 2-0.

Phil is injured which hurts.

Greg Little concerns me. He makes that catch vs the Eagles and we win that game. He doesn't seem to have gotten better.

Same goes with the FB whos last name I cant spell. He makes his catch and we win that game.

Sherad seems to be doing very Little. If anything he has gotten worse but maybe he is being doubled more than last year?

Cameron is barely getting any gametime. Hopefully he makes strides blocking so we can use him more.

Skrine and Hagg seem to be at about the same level as last year.

These guys step up and we will become a far better team. if they keep playing like they are we are in trouble.

Anyone else concerned with there play?

I know it's only two games in but they had there first full of season. They should be better than last year not the same or worse.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sophomore slumps?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I worried after 2 games? Seriously?

As noted, Taylor's injured.

Sheard hasn't done anything yet, but, like I said, it's early. I'm sure he's seeing a lot more double teams and chips from TE's/RB's than he did last year.

Little has missed a few, but he just caught a TD pass yesterday.

Our FB looks like a TURD.

Cameron is playing behind two experienced veterans. No biggie.

Skrine played well in the opener, but was forced in over his head this past week. Asking a 5th rounder to step in as a starter in week 2 of year 2 and expecting good results is optimistic at best.

Hagg is a 7th rounder. I don't know what anyone is really expecting from him.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Ether

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

Well he was named the starter so we were kinda hoping he'd play like a decent starter, considering we let Mike Adams go. Unfortunately Usama Young had a pretty rough offseason, he was apparently getting outplayed by him early on anyways. So yeah, it's not like I expected a superstar back there, but I was hoping he wouldn't be a weak link (which I think he very much is).

Also Sheard got some pressure yesterday, he just has it rough coming off the left end because QB's can see him coming from a mile away.
Ether

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Hagg will get more comfortable in time though, and cover up his zone and help the CBs more once he's used to the speed of the game and conquers the mental aspect. He was put in a tough situation Sunday on the TD pass he blatantly gave up 1v1, man coverage against a WR with your safety is not a sound strategy, we were probably strapped for corners or something.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Am I worried after 2 games? Seriously?

As noted, Taylor's injured.

Sheard hasn't done anything yet, but, like I said, it's early. I'm sure he's seeing a lot more double teams and chips from TE's/RB's than he did last year.

Little has missed a few, but he just caught a TD pass yesterday.

Our FB looks like a TURD.

Cameron is playing behind two experienced veterans. No biggie.

Skrine played well in the opener, but was forced in over his head this past week. Asking a 5th rounder to step in as a starter in week 2 of year 2 and expecting good results is optimistic at best.

Yeah I know it's only two games.

Which brings me to another point. Why the hell do we start so slow? One win opening weekend since we came back? Even when compared to other bad teams this is just crazy.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
DawgX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried. It's been two games. Sheard hasn't done much but he's also probably seeing more double teams. IIRC, he was applying some pressure in the Eagles game.

Skrine looked pretty good week one and then was forced to start week two. I think Skrine has the potential to possibly become a legitimate starter, but he's not ready yet. Some think Hagg is the FS of the future but I'm not sure about that. Either way, he looks pretty good considering he was a seventh-round pick.

Little played better in week two, as did the entire offense. Hopefully he'll continue to improve. I'd like to see Cameron get more playing time.

Marecic is the only player from this draft class that truly sucks. He missed another easy catch yet again on Sunday. I hope the Browns give Smelley a chance to replace him at fullback.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:

Skrine looked pretty good week one and then was forced to start week two. I think Skrine has the potential to possibly become a legitimate starter, but he's not ready yet. Some think Hagg is the FS of the future but I'm not sure about that. Either way, he looks pretty good considering he was a seventh-round pick.

Well said.

Hagg, in an ideal situation, isn't starting. He looks like a decent player who should at the very least provide solid depth, but that may be his ceiling.

I'm sure the FO would like to add talent to the back end of the secondary, but only so much can be done in a few draft classes. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm guessing we'll see some competition, at the very least, brought in this offseason.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Marecic is the only player from this draft class that truly sucks. He missed another easy catch yet again on Sunday. I hope the Browns give Smelley a chance to replace him at fullback.

I couldnt agree more. I really dont think Smelly could be any worse. Marecic made one play on Sunday that I saw and that was a key block on a pass rusher on the Richardson receiving TD.

Other than that, Marecic looks like a turd.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: