Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

a quick mock draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7114
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Ya but I think he'll be a top 50 pick with 1st round potential. He's going top 15 in mocks. I don't think a team would take him high to move him inside. I think he has LT potential. Struggles with elite speed though but he's young. I do see a potential 4 position player.


I don’t feel many guys who played RT in college will be top 15 picks…Tyrone Smith was a one off because of how athletic he was and everyone knew the only reason he was playing RT at USC was because of Kalil…I’m not so sure if he has the ability to play LT in the pros but I would like to see him a few more times this season…especially against LSU’s two speed rushers where he will be constantly tested.

Do you think the lack of quality LTs will cause the few that there are to get overvauled? I feel like that's what happened this past draft.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22289
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Ya but I think he'll be a top 50 pick with 1st round potential. He's going top 15 in mocks. I don't think a team would take him high to move him inside. I think he has LT potential. Struggles with elite speed though but he's young. I do see a potential 4 position player.


I don’t feel many guys who played RT in college will be top 15 picks…Tyrone Smith was a one off because of how athletic he was and everyone knew the only reason he was playing RT at USC was because of Kalil…I’m not so sure if he has the ability to play LT in the pros but I would like to see him a few more times this season…especially against LSU’s two speed rushers where he will be constantly tested.

Do you think the lack of quality LTs will cause the few that there are to get overvauled? I feel like that's what happened this past draft.


Without a doubt…I feel the lack of great Oline play around the NFL is solely down to the rise of the spread offence in college…Olinemen simply aren’t asked to do the same things in college as they are in the pros so it’s becoming a position that is almost harder to project than WRs now…I would hesitate to draft Oline from anything but a few programs around the nation right now.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7114
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I feel the lack of great Oline play around the NFL is solely down to the rise of the spread offence in college…Olinemen simply aren’t asked to do the same things in college as they are in the pros so it’s becoming a position that is almost harder to project than WRs now...

As much as I say it in a joking way, it would be great to get one of those interior Alabama kids into a Bears uniform. Tough guys from a pro-style offense.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22289
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
I feel the lack of great Oline play around the NFL is solely down to the rise of the spread offence in college…Olinemen simply aren’t asked to do the same things in college as they are in the pros so it’s becoming a position that is almost harder to project than WRs now...

As much as I say it in a joking way, it would be great to get one of those interior Alabama kids into a Bears uniform. Tough guys from a pro-style offense.


Yeah Warmack or even Jones would be a big help...I like the other kid Steen as as well.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5348
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Ya but I think he'll be a top 50 pick with 1st round potential. He's going top 15 in mocks. I don't think a team would take him high to move him inside. I think he has LT potential. Struggles with elite speed though but he's young. I do see a potential 4 position player.


I don’t feel many guys who played RT in college will be top 15 picks…Tyrone Smith was a one off because of how athletic he was and everyone knew the only reason he was playing RT at USC was because of Kalil…I’m not so sure if he has the ability to play LT in the pros but I would like to see him a few more times this season…especially against LSU’s two speed rushers where he will be constantly tested.
i don't see a top 15 pick either but some do.

No one is going to penalize Matthews for playing RT since there's a first rounder already playing LT on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22289
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Ya but I think he'll be a top 50 pick with 1st round potential. He's going top 15 in mocks. I don't think a team would take him high to move him inside. I think he has LT potential. Struggles with elite speed though but he's young. I do see a potential 4 position player.


I don’t feel many guys who played RT in college will be top 15 picks…Tyrone Smith was a one off because of how athletic he was and everyone knew the only reason he was playing RT at USC was because of Kalil…I’m not so sure if he has the ability to play LT in the pros but I would like to see him a few more times this season…especially against LSU’s two speed rushers where he will be constantly tested.
i don't see a top 15 pick either but some do.

No one is going to penalize Matthews for playing RT since there's a first rounder already playing LT on the team.


I still think you have to take into account that you haven’t seen him against the best pass rushers of the opponents but as I said I would like to see him play against some of the SEC Dlinemen…especially LSU.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5348
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played Texas. Dominant in the first half. Struggled a bit in the 2nd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group