Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire everyone hire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Not all of this falls on the coaching staff, at some point players need to just make plays. It was perfectly clear that Munch wanted to look at offensive lineman this offseason, yet Bud decided to chase Peyton and tie us up financially until after Wells and Myers had signed elsewhere.

I will agrue this point till the cows come home..lol

I don't believe even if we didn't chase Manning, we wasn't going to sign Wells or Meyers.

Meyers was using us to get more money from Texans. I'm confident in that, not fact, but I feel strongly that was the case. He only visited us and then Texans made a strong offer.

Wells, I think there was more to the story. I think Wells knee or leg was an issue. They weren't going to pay for damaged goods. He signed with St. Louis, he sat out pretty much all pre-season if i'm not mistaken. Played one game and landed on IR. We must not have offered what he wanted knowing about his potential knee problem.

My view....So outside of that we were pretty much screwed with trying to improve the line. We weren't going to pay Carl Nicks money and there was nobody worthy in the draft to pick high.

Wells openly said he wanted to play for Fisher.

Meyers obviously wanted to stay in Houston if the money was right.

Nonetheless, Bud was once again a detriment to what the team was trying to do. The sooner he and this franchise part ways the better for the franchise.

Ok, well I agree that Bud can meddle. He made us hold onto the Longhorn longer than needed. That set us back at least 3-4 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: