Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What position upgrade would yield the most improvement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position and player
Cornerback
55%
 55%  [ 25 ]
OLine
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Dline
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Quarterback
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Secondary
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Running back
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 45

Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
What's the cap hit on cutting Seymour next season?

If all the misc. bonus are non guaranteed, it'd be 5.26M.

So in your opinion they Raiders would rather eat $5.26M than restructure for the veteran minimum of $975K in 2013?

Same question for TK?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
What's the cap hit on cutting Seymour next season?

If all the misc. bonus are non guaranteed, it'd be 5.26M.

So in your opinion they Raiders would rather eat $5.26M than restructure for the veteran minimum of $975K in 2013?

Same question for TK?

Imo, the Raiders would be stupid to agree to spend 16M on Seymour and that's what it would take for him to accept a restructured contract. If they were to restructure to the minimum vet salary, they'd have to include a signing bonus to balance what he was about to earn in 2013 (16M). Unless he's willing to take a straight pay cut, which is very unlikely.
Restructuring again would just push back the cap hit they'll have to eat at some point. So why not do it in 2013 when it's quite obvious Seymour isn't a key member of this team anymore?

And the same would apply for every past their prime overpaid player on this roster. As a matter of fact, the Raiders ate some cap hits this year in order to get rid of some guys they didn't deem worthy of their paychecks. There's no reason to believe there won't be a second wave next year.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/09/scouting-manti-teo-and-notre-dames-top-5-prospects-for-the-2013-nfl-draft.html
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/09/scouting-manti-teo-and-notre-dames-top-5-prospects-for-the-2013-nfl-draft.html

Got a mancrush on Te'o, especially being a huge ND guy like I am. If he's there and is the BPA in the 1st Round when we're up, I'd love to see him in silver and black. We'd have the best linebacking core in the AFC West, hands down.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Paul Gutierrez‏@PGutierrezCSN
#Raiders have given up 722 yards passing the past two weeks, on 66-87 passing, 7 TDs and 0 INTs with one sack for 5 yards

for anyone who thinks we should take an offensive player Neutral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Got a mancrush on Te'o, especially being a huge ND guy like I am. If he's there and is the BPA in the 1st Round when we're up, I'd love to see him in silver and black. We'd have the best linebacking core in the AFC West, hands down.

Te'o is a beast but the LB core would still be bad. Still have Curry and Wheeler. Wheeler should walk and Curry is getting paid too much to get smoked by RBs and TEs. Burris hasn't had as many flashes of brilliance as I'd hoped but he's developing.

So much garbage to throw out.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Quote:
Paul Gutierrez‏@PGutierrezCSN
#Raiders have given up 722 yards passing the past two weeks, on 66-87 passing, 7 TDs and 0 INTs with one sack for 5 yards

for anyone who thinks we should take an offensive player Neutral

We might break the record for least interceptions for a season lol. And sacks for that matter.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with Pass rush a guy like Jarvis Jones or Michael Buchanan.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our corner backs and pass rush are the worst in the NFL and we must address both this off-season.

At this point I hope we select one of the following with our first round draft pick in the upcoming draft.

~ Jarvis Jones 6'2" 250 OLB, Georgia
~ Barkevious Mingo 6'5" 240 DE/OLB, LSU
~ Sam Montgomery 6'5" 260, DE/OLB, LSU
~ Xavier Rhodes 6'2" 215, CB, Florida State
~ DeMarcus Milliner 6'1" 185, CB, Alabama
~ Johnthan Banks 6'2" 185, CB, Mississippi State

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Te'o is a beast but the LB core would still be bad. Still have Curry and Wheeler. Wheeler should walk and Curry is getting paid too much to get smoked by RBs and TEs. Burris hasn't had as many flashes of brilliance as I'd hoped but he's developing.

Man you really have it in for Wheeler. He's fine. Burris is fine too. We need a MLB who isn't slow as hell or jogs.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Man you really have it in for Wheeler. He's fine. Burris is fine too. We need a MLB who isn't slow as hell or jogs.

McClain is gone. His salary jumps to 6+ mil after this season someone stated on twitter yesterday. Can't wait, guy is garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His cap hit will be $6.7m, if we have to pay that anyway he'll stick around.
reddevil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

Well that might change things. I have always tried to give McClain the benefit of the doubt, but he just doesn't look up for the challenge. Too many gaps in his game and just doesn't seem athletic enough to get it done.

I will say this though - he, like the majority of our front seven is a square peg in a round hole. If you look at each player and what their role should be on the team, you could say that not a single one of them is the right type of player for the scheme.

- Shaggy is a solid all rounder and stout against the run, but has little pass-rush ability: Plays at RDE - Should be LDE
- Houston is much the same as Shaggy but exaggerated even more so: Plays as LDE, should be a UT or along the front in a 3-4
- Seymour and Kelly are both the same player and neither can succeed when they play next to each other. Certainly not any more than on 3rd downs. It would be interesting to see them as ends in a 3-4 however.
- McClain is so limited speed-wise, that he can never succeed as MLB in a 4-3. To give him any chance of success, he has to play in a 3-4 next to someone with legs and bite.
- Burris and Wheeler have done okay, but are hardly setting the world alight.

Now I'm not advocating 3-4 per se, but it just seems like we are hampered by the fact that most if not all of our front 7 are not the right type of player for the position they hold.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

McClain hasn't been right since the ankle and concussion. My concerns are more with his ability to stay healthy (especially behind a DL that can't keep him clean) with the chronic knee that required experimental injections of stem cells rather than his ability to play the game. Yet another example of why you don't draft a MLB with high draft picks. Anyone who would put Manti behind this dysfunctional DL obviously sadistically hate him.

Get your priorities straight. Even Teo would look bad in this defense. McClain is an exceptional large man with mobility, perhaps he could revive his career with a switch to a 34 OLB.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Raidin wrote:

McClain hasn't been right since the ankle and concussion. My concerns are more with his ability to stay healthy (especially behind a DL that can't keep him clean) with the chronic knee that required experimental injections of stem cells rather than his ability to play the game. Yet another example of why you don't draft a MLB with high draft picks. Anyone who would put Manti behind this dysfunctional DL obviously sadistically hate him.

Get your priorities straight. Even Teo would look bad in this defense. McClain is an exceptional large man with mobility, perhaps he could revive his career with a switch to a 34 OLB.

Was that at TC his rookie year? He's always been painfully slow and at times downright lethargic out there.

Saying he has mobility is laughable. He's a liability in pass coverage. TEs and RBs and just making him look stupid in space.

Apologize all you want for him. Make excuses. He's done nothing of value since joining this team. He sucks, period.

I agree however. You don't take a MLB that high in the draft. I like Te'o but not in the top 10-15 picks he'll likely go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: