Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What position upgrade would yield the most improvement?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position and player
Cornerback
55%
 55%  [ 25 ]
OLine
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Dline
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Quarterback
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Secondary
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Running back
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 45

RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Why don't the Raiders bring in Chris Johnson. He's still unsigned. What's the down side?

His health. He missed the entire offseason and looked very rusty thru few games he played before he went down again.

He is a good press corner though. Just don't think we'll bring him in.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Preacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
New OC

ain't that the truth!

Thanks JTJagg7754

There is good and evil, choose good.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB/DE. We should take BP between thoes 2 positions.

Dee Milliner/Sam Montgomery are studs

we take a DE -> Sam-Kelly-Houston-Shaughnessy with an awful secondary

we take a CB -> Milliner-crap-crap-crap-crap with a Shaughnessy-Bryant-Kelly-Houston d-line

take your pick. we need to move Houston inside, we're just wasting his talents by playing him at DE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkevious Mingo

In a word, insane athlete which directly correlates as Dlneman, agility, CRAZZY speed and a good pass rusher. He played limited snaps and still recorded 9 sacks. Some projections have him as the next DeMarcus Ware Shocked

But he is light, at 6'4 240, he has violent hand, is a lean athlete. Will need to gain weight/Strength but DeMarcus came in at 250. With the league going to passing more often his pass rushing ability will be a premium.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we trade down and get a corner. We can get a good rt later in the draft which is another area of need. When you have a top pick you either draft a QB LT or DE, none of which we really need UNLESS Pryor really isn't the answer but we really don't know. And UNLESS a RG3 or Luck comes out. If you don't have a prospect like that you trade for picks or players.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that anyone voted for anything other than OL or CBs blows my mind. They were good in the old scheme and awful in this one. Be it them, or the scheme, or the coaching, or all of it. They are making DMC look like a chump, rendering our best offensive player virtually useless so far. Seriously, someone voted for QB? And DL? I will not be returning to this thread...

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
macklemore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a CB its our biggest hole and this is a passing league, After that give me a DE cause our pass rush is weak. We need some O-line help but ZBS lineman can be had later in the draft.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys i like in ncaa so for

florida state's de's: werner and carridine. maybe jenkins can be had later due to injury

olb: jon brown - illinois

o-line: bama's oc/og/ot barrett jones

havent watched db's enough

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a stud, #1 WR? We may be fielding the worst WR core in football right now. Teams dont fear our Wr's at all and that is why DMC is getting hammered at the line. They are all looking at films of these bums and are daring them to beat us wihich they can't. Moore is a solid number 2 when healthy. DHBust is average at best and teams dont fear him at all because he cant consisntly catch unless the ball is right in his chest and even then it can be iffy. Ford when healthy is an average slot WR. Strreter is an undrafted rookie WR and should not be on the field at this point in his career. Hagen was unemployed until 2 weeks ago. We need a big, tall stud WR to put every other WR in the proper position and that would do wonders for this team. If there is a Calvin Johnson, B Marshall, TO or Moss type WR in this draft that should be the pick... Period

Props to Silver&Black88 for the pimpin sig
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to get a stud #1 in this years draft when there are none. There are no Julio Jonses/AJ Greens/Calvin Johnsons this year. We need Defense, offense will be fine once the O-Line picks up the ZBS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
What about a stud, #1 WR? We may be fielding the worst WR core in football right now. Teams dont fear our Wr's at all and that is why DMC is getting hammered at the line. They are all looking at films of these bums and are daring them to beat us wihich they can't. Moore is a solid number 2 when healthy. DHBust is average at best and teams dont fear him at all because he cant consisntly catch unless the ball is right in his chest and even then it can be iffy. Ford when healthy is an average slot WR. Strreter is an undrafted rookie WR and should not be on the field at this point in his career. Hagen was unemployed until 2 weeks ago. We need a big, tall stud WR to put every other WR in the proper position and that would do wonders for this team. If there is a Calvin Johnson, B Marshall, TO or Moss type WR in this draft that should be the pick... Period

Robert Woods USC

Height: 6-1. Weight: 180.
Projected 40 Time: 4.40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayxcper_0rU
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB, OL, LB, Pass rusher
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan State University DE William Gholston
Height: 6’7” l Weight: 278lbs l 40: 4.76

Positives:
• Freakish Athlete
Unbelievable size/speed Ratio
• High Explosion Formula #
• Great Length
Negatives:
Discipline
• Fundamentals
Reminiscent of: NYG DE Jason Pierre-Paul
2013 Outlook: Situational Pass Rusher

Analysis: Gholston is a tremendous athlete, a specimen, who plays with passion albeit out of control with multiple Suh-esque incidents on his young resume. Gholston’s athleticism is immediately apparent, however he has a long way to go in terms of developing his fundamentals as he can be stymied occassionally. Developing multiple pass rushing moves, using his hands and seriously reducing his pad level would go a long way in improving his consistency. Gholston MUST learn to control himself when he is frustrated as this is when he commits the types of penalties that hurt his team. Currently ranked as a late 1st – early 2nd round prospect, IMO, Gholston’s stock will experience a meteoric rise once his rare athleticism is on display at the combine.

Why should Gholston be the pick?: The consensus is that the Raiders two most glaring weaknesses are CB & RT. I would like to make a case that while DE might not appear to be the Raiders most pressing need, with Houston & Shaughnessy at the position, the Raiders are SERIOUSLY lacking speed off the edge. The Raiders current DEs are quite adept at setting the end and forcing runs inside (to no avail I might add but they do DO their job), however similar to when the Texans selected Mario Williams, if you ever wish to win a division with Peyton Manning in it then you must have a fierce productive pass rush. Consider the NYG who never pass on an opportunity to add an edge rusher regardless of need. A front of Gholston, Seymour, TK & Shaughnessy would make ANY secondary instant better.

While CB is also a need, even an elite CB looks pedestrian absent a pass rush, thereby reducing the impact of a young elite talent. RT is also a need, but it is far easy to find a RT than it is to find an edge rusher. There are other elite pass rushing LBers available, however the current interior tandem has failed to consistently maintain gap control. In short, the Raiders rarely blitz with their OLBs because they are usually in coverage. Considering that the FO has committed to the interior DL for the short-term it would make no sense to add a pass rushing OLB and then play him in coverage the majority of the time. In a weak 43 DE class, Gholston is the best of the lot.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if we pick in the top ten, I say we trade back if we can. Hopefully picking up a 20-32 and 2nd or 3rd. I want to go with a CB with our first pick hopefully picking up Xavier Rhodes. If we can land one of the QB's in the second. Like Geno Smith, Aaron Murray..etc One of them will fall. Not many teams need to spend a 1st or 2nd on a QB. Then after getting a QB and CB i go G/T, LB, DT, CB.

Or we can stick with our top ten pick and go BPA, maybe Star or the crazy name kid from LSU or Jones. Most likely a Defensive player.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
New OC

+1

Sigged by Jamison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: