Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Stat that's "Hard-to-fathom"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brit_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: A Stat that's "Hard-to-fathom" Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/41158/a-hard-to-fathom-chris-johnson-stat

Chris Johnson has averaged 1.1 yards per carry so far in these first two games. Despite this appalling stat, as the article mentions his yards after contact stat is 1.2 yards per carry.

Just highlights how shocking our blocking has been thus far.

This team has so many problems, here's hoping the players start drinking some of this stuff.

Quote:

Made by me.

My Gallery
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line argument is over, done, gone, don't wanna hear it anymore. Yeah they're bad but we've got a RB who's a lottttt lot lottt worse.

CJ is an absolutely terrible running back. The fault is all his own. Anyone who tries to defend CJ anymore is either a fool or an idiot. I want this guy off the team so bad.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those stats only highlight the bad blocking if you're inclined to believe that the blocking is the major problem in the first place. If you think CJ is the problem, it reinforces the notion that he spends too much time behind the LoS. If you think play calling is the major issue, it reinforces that Palmer keeps calling plays that the players can't execute.

If you think they all suck, it reinforces that you're right.
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Those stats only highlight the bad blocking if you're inclined to believe that the blocking is the major problem in the first place. If you think CJ is the problem, it reinforces the notion that he spends too much time behind the LoS. If you think play calling is the major issue, it reinforces that Palmer keeps calling plays that the players can't execute.

If you think they all suck, it reinforces that you're right.

Yeah they all suck, and anyone who says its all on CJ is a fool or stupid and doesn't know anything about football or never watches the Titans games.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ESPNStatsInfo

Chris Johnson yards before contact per rush last 4 seasons: 3.9 in 2009, 2.8 in 2010, 2.6 in 2011, -0.1 in 2012.

It's still more the offensive line than CJ.

Don't get me wrong, it's sure as hell a lot of CJ, ,but the offensive line still deserves most of the blame. CJ has zero faith in the line and is running like it. And that's on him. He looks bad and that's unacceptable.

But the guy doesn't get holes. Ever. Even the plays where some of you guys blame him for his indecisiveness, you're still willing to admit that the best case scenario would have been a four yard gain.

CJ is, was and always has been based around the big-play potential. His first three years in the league, he knew that at least once a game he would get a hole big enough to get him into real space, where he could use his ridiculous acceleration and feet to bust one. Over the last 18 games, he's seen that maybe twice. And he's clearly given up.

He's not a back built for grinding up the middle for three yards and a cloud of dust. He never has been. And obviously never will be. And with the complete lack of effort we have put into fixing this offensive line, it likely means we'll never see the old Chris Johnson.

The offensive line is beyond bad. Steve Hutchinson is legitimately worse than Jake Scott at this point in his career. Just impressively horrible. Leroy Harris dreams of one day reaching impressively horrible. Ugh Velasco. And our tackles have taken a step back.

CJ is running scared and poorly. But when he can't get to the line of scrimmage without being hit, getting fed up is sometimes understandable. We can't get him on the edge, we can't get him in space up the middle. Our running game sucks. Every part of it. But that's not all on CJ. Put Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, MJD or whoever the hell else you want back there, and they're not putting up numbers. Yes, maybe they outproduce CJ, but we still have the worst running game in the league.

Our scheme and our offensive line is broken. Plain and simple.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
@ESPNStatsInfo

Chris Johnson yards before contact per rush last 4 seasons: 3.9 in 2009, 2.8 in 2010, 2.6 in 2011, -0.1 in 2012.

It's still more the offensive line than CJ.

Don't get me wrong, it's sure as hell a lot of CJ, ,but the offensive line still deserves most of the blame. CJ has zero faith in the line and is running like it. And that's on him. He looks bad and that's unacceptable.

But the guy doesn't get holes. Ever. Even the plays where some of you guys blame him for his indecisiveness, you're still willing to admit that the best case scenario would have been a four yard gain.

CJ is, was and always has been based around the big-play potential. His first three years in the league, he knew that at least once a game he would get a hole big enough to get him into real space, where he could use his ridiculous acceleration and feet to bust one. Over the last 18 games, he's seen that maybe twice. And he's clearly given up.

He's not a back built for grinding up the middle for three yards and a cloud of dust. He never has been. And obviously never will be. And with the complete lack of effort we have put into fixing this offensive line, it likely means we'll never see the old Chris Johnson.

The offensive line is beyond bad. Steve Hutchinson is legitimately worse than Jake Scott at this point in his career. Just impressively horrible. Leroy Harris dreams of one day reaching impressively horrible. Ugh Velasco. And our tackles have taken a step back.

CJ is running scared and poorly. But when he can't get to the line of scrimmage without being hit, getting fed up is sometimes understandable. We can't get him on the edge, we can't get him in space up the middle. Our running game sucks. Every part of it. But that's not all on CJ. Put Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, MJD or whoever the hell else you want back there, and they're not putting up numbers. Yes, maybe they outproduce CJ, but we still have the worst running game in the league.

Our scheme and our offensive line is broken. Plain and simple.

Sure, but none of that absolves him of running like a [inappropriate/removed]. If the topic is CJ, there's no excuse for him. If the topic is the running game, then there are about as many problems as there are people involved.

And I think Foster, MJD, and probably Peterson would be around 4.0 YPC in the same circumstances CJ's got this year. I doubt McCoy would do much.
Niznag74

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no RB on any team in the NFL that could run behind this oline and put up numbers. CJ is part of the problem, but he isn't 100% of it.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:

And I think Foster, MJD, and probably Peterson would be around 4.0 YPC in the same circumstances CJ's got this year. I doubt McCoy would do much.

OK...c'mon now. No way. I know those guys are tanks and will always run hard through the tackles (unlike CJ)...but absolutely no way that they are sniffing 4ypc with this offensive line.

Chris is getting hit in the backfield the second he gets the ball! I don't care if you are Jim Brown mixed with Barry Sanders mixed with Walter Payton, you aren't going to be averaging 4ypc if you are getting hit before you even reach the line of scrimmage.

Even if we had any of those guys, they would probably be getting around 40 yards a game just running into the pile Curtis Enis style with our offensive line.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ has never been that superstar RB, he has always needed a oline thats great. He needs holes to get going and he always has, its just now our line forgot how to make a hole.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
s_camp wrote:

OK...c'mon now. No way. I know those guys are tanks and will always run hard through the tackles (unlike CJ)...but absolutely no way that they are sniffing 4ypc with this offensive line.

Chris is getting hit in the backfield the second he gets the ball! I don't care if you are Jim Brown mixed with Barry Sanders mixed with Walter Payton, you aren't going to be averaging 4ypc if you are getting hit before you even reach the line of scrimmage.

Even if we had any of those guys, they would probably be getting around 40 yards a game just running into the pile Curtis Enis style with our offensive line.

A Mix of those guys would average 4 yards a carry haha

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
s_camp wrote:

If those guys had 40 yards per game in the same circumstances CJ has had this year they'd have 4.2 YPC. It only takes a couple of 15 or 20 yard runs mixed in with a bunch of 2, 3, and 4 yard runs to get there. Those guys could easily do that because they get to the LoS quickly and fall forward. They'd get the bigger runs, too, because when the line does put up some nice blocks they wouldn't hesitate to plunge through.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
The offensive line argument is over, done, gone, don't wanna hear it anymore. Yeah they're bad but we've got a RB who's a lottttt lot lottt worse.

CJ is an absolutely terrible running back. The fault is all his own. Anyone who tries to defend CJ anymore is either a fool or an idiot. I want this guy off the team so bad.

If the problem is cj then why are none of are other running backs producing? Its the o-line first thats were the game starts and they are doing nothing to help out are running back. If u watch the game u will notice that nobody gets any push. I hope this problem get sorted out soon because if not this is going to be a long year. Right now we look like a 3-5 win ball club
Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:

If the problem is cj then why are none of are other running backs producing? Its the o-line first thats were the game starts and they are doing nothing to help out are running back. If u watch the game u will notice that nobody gets any push. I hope this problem get sorted out soon because if not this is going to be a long year. Right now we look like a 3-5 win ball club
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think that maybe Chris Johnson saw how bad certain players were, even on his 2k season, and that he realized with Mawae retiring soon, his production would drop drastically, that he wanted to get paid?

Because based on how he's running now, as well as our offensive line, he wouldn't make nearly as much. I think maybe he knew how bad our interior was, or the coaching staff was, and knew he had to make his money while he could.

Even if we traded him away to another team, I feel confident he's the type of back to average 125 per game on a regular basis with almost any other team. Our offensive line is pure garbage at run blocking, and it'd be one thing to say its just temporary... but we've had this trash for YEARS now.

I'm starting to think that Chris Johnson is done with this team, not physically, but mentally. After how many carries, and how many games, getting hit and nailed in the backfield, do you keep trying to make things happen before you start to lose hope?

On one play, during the SD game, I saw Locker throw it out to CJ (who was clapping his hands to show he was open), who caught it, turned upfield, and dove forward to get the first down between two defenders. It showed me that he still wants to make plays and get yards. But when 4 out of 5 carries he's being hit in the backfield... wouldn't you want to TRY and score on that 1 single decent carry? I really can't say I blame him for being sick and tired of a pathetic offensive line and vanilla playcalling that telegraphs the defense what we're doing. They don't even need our signals to know when we'll run.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Do you guys think that maybe Chris Johnson saw how bad certain players were, even on his 2k season, and that he realized with Mawae retiring soon, his production would drop drastically, that he wanted to get paid?

Because based on how he's running now, as well as our offensive line, he wouldn't make nearly as much. I think maybe he knew how bad our interior was, or the coaching staff was, and knew he had to make his money while he could.

Even if we traded him away to another team, I feel confident he's the type of back to average 125 per game on a regular basis with almost any other team. Our offensive line is pure garbage at run blocking, and it'd be one thing to say its just temporary... but we've had this trash for YEARS now.

I'm starting to think that Chris Johnson is done with this team, not physically, but mentally. After how many carries, and how many games, getting hit and nailed in the backfield, do you keep trying to make things happen before you start to lose hope?

On one play, during the SD game, I saw Locker throw it out to CJ (who was clapping his hands to show he was open), who caught it, turned upfield, and dove forward to get the first down between two defenders. It showed me that he still wants to make plays and get yards. But when 4 out of 5 carries he's being hit in the backfield... wouldn't you want to TRY and score on that 1 single decent carry? I really can't say I blame him for being sick and tired of a pathetic offensive line and vanilla playcalling that telegraphs the defense what we're doing. They don't even need our signals to know when we'll run.

If I was him I would have already asked to be traded away from this garbage oline, but thats just me and I have a bad attitude. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: