Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can We Put The RG3 Over Bradford Thing To Rest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Bradford makes Amendola look like Wes Welker. The reason Bradford throws so many balls to DA is because he's the only who gets open and can catch consistently. Imagine if SB had a real #1 ? Having LLoyd last year was a glimpse what Sam can do with a real WR and I don't even consider Lloyd elite. Good yes, elite no.

This just isn't true at all. Bradford saw no statistical jump once Lloyd was acquired. He continued playing nearly identical to how he played before Lloyd was a Ram and actually had his two worse games, as far as QB rating is concerned, after the acquisition of Lloyd.

Then you didn't watch the games. Bradford and Lloyd were hooking up a lot, just like Bradford and Clayton did before Clayton was hurt.

It has nothing to do with watching the games, Lloyd averaged about 5 catches per game with Bradford, there is nothing extraordinary with the amount of passes Bradford connected on with Lloyd. I don't know why people are going to such extremes to make excuses for Sam? If he truly wants to be an elite QB he is simply going to have to make the players around him better, that is what elite QB do.

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
Bradford makes Amendola look like Wes Welker. The reason Bradford throws so many balls to DA is because he's the only who gets open and can catch consistently. Imagine if SB had a real #1 ? Having LLoyd last year was a glimpse what Sam can do with a real WR and I don't even consider Lloyd elite. Good yes, elite no.

This just isn't true at all. Bradford saw no statistical jump once Lloyd was acquired. He continued playing nearly identical to how he played before Lloyd was a Ram and actually had his two worse games, as far as QB rating is concerned, after the acquisition of Lloyd.

Then you didn't watch the games. Bradford and Lloyd were hooking up a lot, just like Bradford and Clayton did before Clayton was hurt.

It has nothing to do with watching the games, Lloyd averaged about 5 catches per game with Bradford, there is nothing extraordinary with the amount of passes Bradford connected on with Lloyd. I don't know why people are going to such extremes to make excuses for Sam? If he truly wants to be an elite QB he is simply going to have to make the players around him better, that is what elite QB do.

It's tough to make people better when you are under duress so often, when your WR's get very little separation and drop so many balls. He's fighting an uphill battle until the Rams address their o-line and a true #1 WR. With 4 first rounders, it shouldn't be a problem.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:

It's tough to make people better when you are under duress so often, when your WR's get very little separation and drop so many balls. He's fighting an uphill battle until the Rams address their o-line and a true #1 WR. With 4 first rounders, it shouldn't be a problem.

Disagree. The last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they had one of the worst OL in the league, same with the Packers. Brees and Brady have no stud WR and they make it work. Like I said, elite signal callers make do with what they have and raise the level of play around them. If Sam wants to get there, he's going to have to play better regardless of circumstances.

bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:

Disagree. The last time the Steelers won the Super Bowl they had one of the worst OL in the league, same with the Packers. Brees and Brady have no stud WR and they make it work. Like I said, elite signal callers make do with what they have and raise the level of play around them. If Sam wants to get there, he's going to have to play better regardless of circumstances.

Bradford has had only only 30 starts and is on his 3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years. Last season was wasted with no offseason, new system and high ankle sprain. I don't think Joe Montana could have excelled either for what Bradford been through.

- horrible line
- horrible receivers
- 3rd new system in 3 yrs
- high ankle sprain
- no off season after his rookie yr

Everything has worked against him so far. I think after Fisher bolsters the line, adds more weapons, Bradford will be an elite QB. It might take a couple more years. The Rams have the picks and cap space to add these things.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulger2Holt-

Fair enough. He has faced some tremendous adversity as a QB in the NFL but I don't see Fisher sitting around and waiting for him to develop into an elite QB when the draft is going to be loaded with talent at the position. If Bradford doesn't make some serious strides this year and Barkley or Smith are available at one of your first round picks it may be hard for him to pass...

I just don't see anyway the Rams hold on to Bradford if he doesn't turn things around this season or next, although I don't know the cap ramifications if they try to get out from under his contract? It sucks when a draft choice doesn't work out, especially at QB, but Fisher has to do what he has to do as well to keep his job. I'm not calling Bradford a bust but he definitely needs to improve because I highly doubt the Rams will ever have this many first round picks in succession again...

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I just don't see anyway the Rams hold on to Bradford if he doesn't turn things around this season or next, although I don't know the cap ramifications if they try to get out from under his contract? It sucks when a draft choice doesn't work out, especially at QB, but Fisher has to do what he has to do as well to keep his job. I'm not calling Bradford a bust but he definitely needs to improve because I highly doubt the Rams will ever have this many first round picks in succession again...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford
Quote:
Signed a six-year, $78 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including all six years' base salaries, a $2.88 million first-year roster bonus, and a second-year "signing" bonus of $17.974 million. Another $8 million is available through incentives based on playoff, Super Bowl, and Pro Bowl appearances. 2012: $6 million (+ $6 million roster bonus paid on 3/11), 2013: $9 million, 2014: $14.015 million, 2015: $12.985 million, 2016: Free Agent

The $2.88M is already paid, but between the guaranteed salaries and the pro-ration on the signing bonus, he's not going anywhere until this contract is finished.

So, in theory, this thread can live for YEARS!!

Joy. Rolling Eyes
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Woz, the rookie pay-scale was badly needed.

S-jax39

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you really say Brees and Brady have no Stud WR? Gronk, Graham, Hernandez and Colston are all huge playmakers. Welker can turn a short pass into a 99 yard touchdown.

Everyone you mentioned has an elite collection of skill position players. You cant be serious.

Last edited by S-jax39 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
El ramster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me so much of the Xhris Long debate.
For years he was touted as a bust. For years we defended
Him. That his nunbers would come and he was getting constant
Pressure. That he had no help along the D. Then Kabbbom.
Dude is a top 3-5 DE. We have invested in our Dline and we will
invest in our O.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Bulger2Holt-

Fair enough. He has faced some tremendous adversity as a QB in the NFL but I don't see Fisher sitting around and waiting for him to develop into an elite QB when the draft is going to be loaded with talent at the position. If Bradford doesn't make some serious strides this year and Barkley or Smith are available at one of your first round picks it may be hard for him to pass...

Fisher said the main reason he chose St.Louis (Miami offered more money) was because of Bradford. He said a franchise QB like Bradford was crucial to his decision. He has the picks (4 #1's) and the cap space to address the o-line and add weapons. The D is already looking dominant. He has already added more talent at the defense in Finnegan, Langford, Dunbar, Hayes, rookies Jenkins, Brockers and Johnson, than the previous 2-3 regimes combined. This off season I fully expect him to address the offense.
bulger2holt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
This reminds me so much of the Xhris Long debate.
For years he was touted as a bust. For years we defended
Him. That his nunbers would come and he was getting constant
Pressure. That he had no help along the D. Then Kabbbom.
Dude is a top 3-5 DE. We have invested in our Dline and we will
invest in our O.

+1000
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford
Quote:
Signed a six-year, $78 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including all six years' base salaries, a $2.88 million first-year roster bonus, and a second-year "signing" bonus of $17.974 million. Another $8 million is available through incentives based on playoff, Super Bowl, and Pro Bowl appearances. 2012: $6 million (+ $6 million roster bonus paid on 3/11), 2013: $9 million, 2014: $14.015 million, 2015: $12.985 million, 2016: Free Agent

The $2.88M is already paid, but between the guaranteed salaries and the pro-ration on the signing bonus, he's not going anywhere until this contract is finished.

So, in theory, this thread can live for YEARS!!

Joy. Rolling Eyes

Oh look...a puppy!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Did you really say Brees and Brady have no Stud WR? Gronk, Graham, Hernandez and Colston are all huge playmakers. Welker can turn a short pass into a 99 yard touchdown.

Everyone you mentioned has an elite collection of skill position players. You cant be serious.

What stud receiver did Brady have when the pats won the Super Bowl? Outside of Colston what did Brees have to work with when they won the Super Bowl?

S-jax39

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

What stud receiver did Brady have when the pats won the Super Bowl? Outside of Colston what did Brees have to work with when they won the Super Bowl?

Brady was nowhere as good as he is now when they won the superbowl. The defense was the main reason they won.

And didnt Brees still have Henderson, Colston, and Big Meach? With the best OC in the league?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope bradford turns out well for the rams. They were so bad over the years i would like them to turn it around. From a losing team i know how it feels.

But these excuses for bradford really needs to stop. If he doesnt turn it around this year the team will prob give me another year to turn it around. This is the NFL if things dont work fast teams will be forced to make moves.

Your can complain about oline, wrs, playcalling, coaching. But the fact of matter is if rams keep getting top 5 picks and bradford doesnt progress you can bet the GM will be looking to move forward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 34 of 49

Jump to: