Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Texans vs. Broncos GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
It's a good thing Donnie Jones is punting well.

Quote:
The three-game suspension of punter Brett Hartmann has been extended by eight more games per a source Now eligible for Week 11 reinstatement

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/250383196317958144

Even if his suspension is up today, I wouldn't sign him. Jones is playing great. Although, I do miss Hartmanns kick-offs. Not a big problem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
mse326 wrote:

Quote:
The three-game suspension of punter Brett Hartmann has been extended by eight more games per a source Now eligible for Week 11 reinstatement

Even if his suspension is up today, I wouldn't sign him. Jones is playing great. Although, I do miss Hartmanns kick-offs. Not a big problem

That would have to be a second positive test. This guy is not too bright. He still had a chance to catch on some place before this and probably would be our Punter next year since DJ in only on a 1 year deal. Sadly, punting would be a position where steroid use would seem to be a major benefit without downside risk since it would increase distance like it did for all those 2nd basemen in baseball cracking 40 hrs in the 90's. You would think that they would avoid all the soft tissue injuries steroid use invites but Hartmann was so jacked up he couldn't avoid running downfield and getting into the mix. If he truly did test positive a 2nd time, the Texans need to cut him immediately as we should not tolerate that kind of negative attention from anyone, better yet a stupid Punter. No need to feed the idiots who will say "see, everyone from Cushing to Brown to their Punter is roided down in Houston - I bet JJ Watt and Brooks Reed are too." Can't have that crap here, folks.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Longhorns90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
That would have to be a second positive test. This guy is not too bright. He still had a chance to catch on some place before this and probably would be our Punter next year since DJ in only on a 1 year deal. Sadly, punting would be a position where steroid use would seem to be a major benefit without downside risk since it would increase distance like it did for all those 2nd basemen in baseball cracking 40 hrs in the 90's. You would think that they would avoid all the soft tissue injuries steroid use invites but Hartmann was so jacked up he couldn't avoid running downfield and getting into the mix. If he truly did test positive a 2nd time, the Texans need to cut him immediately as we should not tolerate that kind of negative attention from anyone, better yet a stupid Punter. No need to feed the idiots who will say "see, everyone from Cushing to Brown to their Punter is roided down in Houston - I bet JJ Watt and Brooks Reed are too." Can't have that crap here, folks.

It's hard to cut a guy we already released in August.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
42inBlue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
mse326 wrote:

Quote:

Yeah, the Texans are all roided up. That's why Denver lost. Rolling Eyes
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Surprised Apollo would make this mistake. Having an inactive suspended second punter taking up a roster spot would be a horrific personnel move.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Surprised Apollo would make this mistake. Having an inactive suspended second punter taking up a roster spot would be a horrific personnel move.

Even the great one's make a mistake once in a while (me, not Brett). I thought he was sitting around on the PUP. I guess his "ritalin" cover story doesn't quite wash anymore. I'll wait for the "I switched to adderrall and forget to tell the league" excuse next. If anyone believes the post suspension excuses anymore, they are in dreamland. A player can be shooting up gorilla testosterone directly into their nutsack and still tell the outside world that it was something they took for a migraine since the league can't reveal true nature of test results due to hipaa regulations. Nice 12 weeks of glory, Brett. Buh-bye.

CAS22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
Longhorns90 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

Even the great one's make a mistake once in a while (me, not Brett). I thought he was sitting around on the PUP. I guess his "ritalin" cover story doesn't quite wash anymore. I'll wait for the "I switched to adderrall and forget to tell the league" excuse next. If anyone believes the post suspension excuses anymore, they are in dreamland. A player can be shooting up gorilla testosterone directly into their nutsack and still tell the outside world that it was something they took for a migraine since the league can't reveal true nature of test results due to hipaa regulations. Nice 12 weeks of glory, Brett. Buh-bye.

Hartmann was cut during the preseason. Not our problem.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we're getting our next GDT up; A special thanks to our very own jargin for his contribution in the Broncos/Texans GDT! Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Unfortunately for the Broncos, JJ Watt is a monster. The NFL should make the Texans tie up one of Watt's arms to make it fair for the rest of the league.

In case you hadn't noticed, since he dislocated his elbow in camp, he is playing with a brace on that arm that might as well have it tied up. I suspect this week comes the over correction by the Titans that lets Antonio, Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus go nuts on the other side. I think CJ0K just took a dive for a 1 yard loss while watching the tape...
Joke fail... haha. Yeah I noticed that, he dominates even with a brace on.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the 1st quarter again in all 22/endzone view. Not sure if you all know, but your '3-4' Defense really isn't a 3-4. It is identical to our base 4-3 from a gap perspective with JJ Watt showing his versatility as a 4-3 DE and then DT in sub packages. Barwin basically plays as the DE with Brooks Reed playing the role of a 4-3 SLB a lot of the time, with him becoming a DE in your Nickel (identical to Von Miller).

Impressed with Tim Jamison in your sub packages so far. I actually really liked him at Michigan; not overly athletic, but really instinctive with his hands.

MUFC OK
dsorc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I watched the 1st quarter again in all 22/endzone view. Not sure if you all know, but your '3-4' Defense really isn't a 3-4. It is identical to our base 4-3 from a gap perspective with JJ Watt showing his versatility as a 4-3 DE and then DT in sub packages. Barwin basically plays as the DE with Brooks Reed playing the role of a 4-3 SLB a lot of the time, with him becoming a DE in your Nickel (identical to Von Miller).

Impressed with Tim Jamison in your sub packages so far. I actually really liked him at Michigan; not overly athletic, but really instinctive with his hands.

I think most of us sorta knew that. It's always referred to as a 1-gap 3-4 under. Like you mentioned, the gap assignments then are identical to a 4-3 under. And even if it was a "true" 3-4, all or almost all of our nickel/dime looks come with a 4 man front. I think the one advantage of having Barwin standing up instead of with his hand down is that it allows him to flip to the weakside if the TE lines up on his side. That should protect him from double teams though he has yet to take advantage this year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

Thanks for the info. I know it's a loaded topic, but were you able to catch any views of Jags sideline (specifically JDR talking to Mays or Miller) prior to the personal foul trifecta in the 3rd or the Texans sideline reactions to the hits?

How much does this package with the different views cost? Haven't been able to quite justify Sunday Ticket post-procreation since I really only have time (aka permission) to watch anything more than the Texans games on Sundays, but I may need to force this as a business necessity (and further destroy my productivity on Mondays).

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Thanks for the info. I know it's a loaded topic, but were you able to catch any views of Jags sideline (specifically JDR talking to Mays or Miller) prior to the personal foul trifecta in the 3rd or the Texans sideline reactions to the hits?

How much does this package with the different views cost? Haven't been able to quite justify Sunday Ticket post-procreation since I really only have time (aka permission) to watch anything more than the Texans games on Sundays, but I may need to force this as a business necessity (and further destroy my productivity on Mondays).

Only $69.99. Gives you every game(including playoffs) and all22 footage for every game, and gives it to you throughout the entire off-season as well. More than worth it, IMO.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=8&ttp=3&icampaign=GR_GeoBlock_GP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: