Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Texans vs. Broncos GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope this is the Peyton that we go against next week. Laughing
I'm getting even more nervous now. He could follow up this bad start to the game and go off on us. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I sure hope this is the Peyton that we go against next week. Laughing
I'm getting even more nervous now. He could follow up this bad start to the game and go off on us. Crying or Very sad

Ya but I think we matchup well with their skill players on offense. JJoe v Thomas, KJax v Decker, McCain v Stokely and their TE's and RBS's arnt speedy or big (unlike Mercedes Lewis).

Oh and we have JJ WATT!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty hard to call match up

it would look to be a defensive battle between the #1 D and the #8 D
But it also features 2 really good offenses (ranked #10 and #20, but we would all agree that with Manning they aren't a typical #20 offense)

the real match up will be in our #6 rushing offense vs their #7 rush Defense, if you average what we are getting per game with what they are giving up, then we would come out with somewhere around 110 yards rushing in this game, which i would assume is something like 80 for Foster and 30 for Tate

Manning has burned us in the past with guys like Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, but i don't see it happening with Thomas, Decker and Dreesen

ill go on a limb and say we win this one 24-17

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another interesting thing is that only 2 AFC teams remain unbeaten, us and the Chargers....when was the last time anyone remembers there being so many 1-1 teams after week 2?

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
22 catches 262 yards
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a historical note, under Kub the Texans have never won in a 3rd game of the regular season and only once in 2004 against the Chiefs won their 3rd regular season game............... Shocked

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
On a historical note, under Kub the Texans have never won in a 3rd game of the regular season and only once in 2004 against the Chiefs won their 3rd regular season game............... Shocked

To top that off, I'm fairly certain Kubiak either hits .500 as a head coach or breaks .500.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

To top that off, I'm fairly certain Kubiak either hits .500 as a head coach or breaks .500.

A win would put him at 50-49. Loss tags him at 49-50.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller was limited in practice today with a hip injury. That could be huge if he doesnt play Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody seen the injury reports yet? Heard Dobbins has been limited this week.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Anybody seen the injury reports yet? Heard Dobbins has been limited this week.

I seen our injury report. Kubiak said Dobbins will be a game time decision, and Braman will most likely play this week. We need Braman for special teams bad.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/9/19/3356264/denver-broncos-vs-houston-texans-wednesday-injury-report

Here is the full one for the Broncos and Texans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for this game. I want it to be obvious that leaving the AFC South and escaping the Texans was great for Peyton's long term health. I also want it to be accepted that we have a top 5 offense when we start strong and don't have to take our foot off the gas because of a blowout.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BattleRed7 wrote:
I can't wait for this game. I want it to be obvious that leaving the AFC South and escaping the Texans was great for Peyton's long term health. I also want it to be accepted that we have a top 5 offense when we start strong and don't have to take our foot off the gas because of a blowout.

Welcome Texans Nation BR7!

Most of us wish we'd leave our foot on the gas, but I don't believe Kub believes in that and would rather control the clock and run the ball and let the defense do their thing. Which will come back to bite us one of these games, hopefully not this one.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
BattleRed7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
BattleRed7 wrote:

Most of us wish we'd leave our foot on the gas, but I don't believe Kub believes in that and would rather control the clock and run the ball and let the defense do their thing. Which will come back to bite us one of these games, hopefully not this one.

Thanks for the welcome! I agree with what you're saying about the game plan and thankfully it usually works but I want to see a 40-10 statement game sometimes too. Of all the games I this season, this Broncos game and the Pats game are the two I'm looking forward to the most.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BattleRed7 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
BattleRed7 wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! I agree with what you're saying about the game plan and thankfully it usually works but I want to see a 40-10 statement game sometimes too. Of all the games I this season, this Broncos game and the Pats game are the two I'm looking forward to the most.

Always good to have new members of TEXANS NATION! Welcome to the team! Very Happy

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
BattleRed7 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
BattleRed7 wrote:

Always good to have new members of TEXANS NATION! Welcome to the team! Very Happy

Just know, if we lose you'll be kicked out Wink

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: