Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Tannehilling > Tebowing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets aren't going to hand us those big running plays that Oakland did so as far as I'm concerned anything past 20 points is pretty optimistic. If Revis plays, Hartline probably won't catch a pass and Tannehill will probably get picked throwing in that direction. If Revis doesn't play, I give our passing game a lot more of a shot but I doubt it'll look great.

Still, I think Tannehill probably turns the ball over at least once against the Jets veteran defense and it's to imagine that the Jets won't find a way to throw it around against our secondary which has been spotty. We probably won't be able to pressure Sanchez quite enough because our secondary isn't anything special.

I would give us about a 25% chance of winning here simply due to lack of experience. We're not a bad team but the Jets are stronger, will be coming off a frustrating loss, will be looking to avenge Sparano and will try and take advantage of Tannehill's inexperience.
Deets

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis and Keller not playing would make a huge difference. Tight Ends kill us and past Keller the Jets have nothing. Also, the Jets running backs just flat out suck and our run defense is first rate. That means we could be seeing the Jets have to rely on Sanchez for all of their offense without a Tight End.

Either way, I'm expecting a very ugly game offensively from both sides. Fins have been good on special teams and that might make the difference. I'm going to go ahead and predict a Miami win 16-3. Sanchez gets stuck in bad field position all day and can't get out, Dolphins get one decent drive then manage three field goals off good field position management and turnovers. The Jets are a bad team and their best player is hurt.

FF Member #67
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction 20-16 fins Its amazing how winning changes my optimism levels. Revis will be the deciding factor as stated in above posts. I think we win if it's on Sanchez. I would be pissed if Tebow and he wild cat beat us.

^^^Kempes^^^
OldManFinFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We win, unless Tebow starts.
Florida Gators
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders game restored some optimism, but it really wasn't as dominant a win as 35-13 might seem. Sanchez isn't great, but he'll be good enough to find the open man, especially if Marshall is still hurt. They probably won't score much, but with the weak pass rush we've shown from the outside (Starks and Sollai have been great, though), I wouldn't be surprised to see Sanchez throw a few TDs.

Offensively, I'm not that worried, as we faced just as tough a team in Houston, and I think that while we didn't score there, we will probably be able to move the ball with similar efficiency. I'd expect somewhere between 10-20 points.

Can our defense shine and win it for us, anyway? Probably not, since they don't seem to be making any plays.

The Jets aren't as good as Jets fans say they are, but it's early enough in the year that they should still be focused, and the crushing loss to Pitt should keep them focused on this matchup.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldManFinFan wrote:
We win, unless Tebow starts.

Then the Dolphins win big....
green24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
The Jets aren't as good as Jets fans say they are, but it's early enough in the year that they should still be focused, and the crushing loss to Pitt should keep them focused on this matchup.

How good do you think Jets fans think the team is? I don't know any Jets fan who thinks this team is one of the top 5 teams in the AFC. I don't think the Jets are better than any of the AFC teams to make the playoffs from last year, other than the Bengals. I do think the Jets are in the hunt for the second wild card.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

How good do you think Jets fans think the team is? I don't know any Jets fan who thinks this team is one of the top 5 teams in the AFC. I don't think the Jets are better than any of the AFC teams to make the playoffs from last year, other than the Bengals. I do think the Jets are in the hunt for the second wild card.

I'm not referring to the intelligent, respectful Jet fans that you usually see on here. I'm referring to the bulk of the Obnoxious Faithful that I've encountered in real life. No offense was meant.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
green24 wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

I'm not referring to the intelligent, respectful Jet fans that you usually see on here. I'm referring to the bulk of the Obnoxious Faithful that I've encountered in real life. No offense was meant.

NO WAY!! When'd you meet Rex Ryan man?

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Jets.

I hate everything about the Jets.

I hate the players, I hate their coaches, I hate their fans.

I hate that they made me hate them, but I hate them for doing that to me even more.

I've hated them so long I don't think hate existed before I began to hate the Jets.

Let me make this clear I hate all the Jets, past, present and future.

If you like the Jets I hate you and your mother too.

There is nothing to like about the Jets only hate.

Final score this week Miami 27 Jets 13.

I hate that I even had the Jets getting 13 points.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
green24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
green24 wrote:
JCool333 wrote:

None taken. Very Happy
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
I find our lack of excitement in anticipation for this game...disturbing.

I am not a religious man man but Please ... allow me lead us prayer PD.

Lord ... Oh merciful God ... please, please ... if we only win 2 more gms for the rest of the 2012 season let it be against the:

* scourge of the AFC East & the entire NFL.
* ugly, red headed adopted step child nobody wanted that was forced to share a room with his older brother the NYG.
* the team that was awarded hand me down room/board at a 50% discount in another state when their hm city doesn't want them.
* a team that whose QB was awarded a HOF title (?) with 1 more loss than total career wins for making a
prediction @ 50 - 50 odds....

the ny jerks - jerks - jerks

AMEN

sug Evil or Very Mad
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
I'm excited. I think we have a great chance at winning the game. Our D should stop the Jets O no questions asked. Their D hasn't been playing well at all and Revis may be out, though I doubt it. A big run from Bush, Tannehill continues to play well and sync with the receivers, and we get our first interception this game.

20-13 Dolphins

Alternatively, we could have a few turnovers and hand them the game like what happened @ Houston.

Did Reshad Jones' INT not count last week?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should actually be a solid matchup for us and a nice test for Tannehill. I work at Bank of New York and like half the people who work there are from New York and half of them are Jets fans (That's like... A lot of Jets fans), so this is a big game for me!!

I've been talking up the smack all preseason. My day will be so much better on Monday if we win.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a good game. Winning definitely restores that optimism. I think this game is close if Keller plays. The guy is a beast and has owned us the last couple of years. I hate Sanchez but the kid isn't afraid to throw a pick especially in the redzone. The Jets passing game is something to worry about. Hill is going to be good and our corners are up and down. I think if we don't turn the ball over our running game will control the game.

Miami 24 jets 14

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: