Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which draft would you rather see us do?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Which draft would you rather see us do? Reply with quote

Bell Msu Rb 1st round
Eric Reid Lsu Safety 2nd round
Brandon mcgee Miami CB 3rd round
Shelden Price Ucla CB 4th

Or we take the approach that you can get a quality running back in the mid rounds every year and go secondary first. Something like this

Kenny Vaccaro S Texas 1st round
David Amerson Cb NCSU 2nd round
Jordan Poyer Cb Oregon State 3rd round
Cierre Wood Rb Notre Dame 4th round

Both are tempting for me. The second one gives us a serious talent upgrade in a terrible secondary. The first one gives us a workhorse back than could immediately put less pressure on matthew stafford. So it looks like the best of both worlds.

I go with the first one what the heck might as well gamble on bell completely transforming our offense.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily #2 out of those choices. There are a lot of player values I disagree with at the moment but I am not condoning a 1st round RB unless Leshoure is worthless, Best is done for his career, and Smith gets hurt.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
1King

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 by default.

Thought not sure I want to take 2 S and a CB (or any combination of 3 DB's) in the first 3 rounds.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Easily #2 out of those choices. There are a lot of player values I disagree with at the moment but I am not condoning a 1st round RB unless Leshoure is worthless, Best is done for his career, and Smith gets hurt.

Pretty much this.

Plus Its no secret our achillees heel is our secondary, lets at least try and fix it instead of botching it up on year deals, and released/cut players.

Doubt Amerson is there mid second when we will most likely be picking though Smile

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Big Cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the above. But if I had to pick one it would be number 2.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be shocked if the Lions took another CB in the 3rd round after taking one in the second round. I would also be shocked if the Lions took a 1st round RB.

I don't like either of those drafts, but if I had to pick I would go 2 ten times out of ten.
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I would be shocked if the Lions took another CB in the 3rd round after taking one in the second round. I would also be shocked if the Lions took a 1st round RB.

I don't like either of those drafts, but if I had to pick I would go 2 ten times out of ten.

Nobody likes bell enough to take him in the 20s? Hes a beast. I'm not even a msu fan and can see how great he is.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Nobody likes bell enough to take him in the 20s? Hes a beast. I'm not even a msu fan and can see how great he is.

Initial mocks as they stand now (which undoubtedly will change by April 2013) have Marcus Lattimore going around pick 18-21. Would you take Bell over him?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we can say much about drafting a running back until we see Leshoure in action.

Personally, I would like to see a corner, o-lineman, and a safety in any order during the first three rounds. Maybe even trade out of or swap to a lower spot in the first round and get another 2nd. There are a lot of good secondary players to be had next year.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would be terribly frustrated if they take an offensive skill position player in the first three rounds. The only exception would be if the player was a generational talent.

The Lions secondary is terribly weak and frankly the team needs to get tougher.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
DetroitWhat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
DetroitWhat wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

Initial mocks as they stand now (which undoubtedly will change by April 2013) have Marcus Lattimore going around pick 18-21. Would you take Bell over him?

Scouts inc has lattimore as 14th best prospect. Assuming we pick in the 20s I have no problem trading up for a lattimore or staying put and getting bell. We don't have to draft a running back but if one of them fall into our hands you can be sure that mayhew wont be able to resist like that fairley draft pick.
studdogs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2...really looking forward to Leshoures return. We need him as an all around player on this team.
1King

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitWhat wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

No. He'll likely be a 2nd-3rd round type back, maybe sneak into late 1 if he times well. Not to mention at the rate MSU is using him this year, he will have a lot of tread on his tires when he comes out.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
DTOW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any way Amerson falls to the second. I know he had a rough start in the first game this season but last year the guy was an absolute stud.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of either but I would take 2 if I had to choose.

I don't want another 1st round RB/WR/QB unless its the next GOAT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: