Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears make a change on the O line
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Bears make a change on the O line Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-bears-making-a-move-on-the-offensive-line-20120917,0,6822027.story

Spencer is out and Rachal is in at LG. Looks like Webb will get atleast one more game at LT.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
raq11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect reaction. Spencer hasn't been up to par and his ceiling is about where he is. Give Webb a few more chances with a new look left side. Changing to CW would have effectively ended Webb's growth. Might as well see how he can react
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty surprised they made the move so quickly. But to be honest I have no idea what spencer was even doing there..

Our line played the best with Spencer at RG and Louis at RT

with a massive Oline combo at Left side with Webb and Williams.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the equivalent of firing one of the coordinators when a team has a bad season, haha, basically fall guy type stuff.

Im not a a Webb hater and I just think he is what he is, but the fact Cutler has lost faith in him, I think he needs to be gone. Alot of things with a team come down to chemistry. Even if the staff believes he can be ok at his job if the QB doesnt get along with him, he needs to be done.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
This is the equivalent of firing one of the coordinators when a team has a bad season, haha, basically fall guy type stuff.

Im not a a Webb hater and I just think he is what he is, but the fact Cutler has lost faith in him, I think he needs to be gone. Alot of things with a team come down to chemistry. Even if the staff believes he can be ok at his job if the QB doesnt get along with him, he needs to be done.

It really isn't.

Spencer has been as bad as Webb. He is consistently being pushed around and is simply not strong enough to handle the power he is seeing.

I do not know if Rachal is a huge upgrade, but Spencer has been terrible and it sends a message.

I am sure when Jon Scott is up to speed a similar message will be sent to Webb.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jonathan Scott is the savior for the Bears, then Jay is in real trouble. Scott is horrendous
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not the move I would have made. I hope it works out.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

What move would you have made?

Spencer has been horrendous at LG and we had a bigger, stronger backup with 38 career starts at OG.

The problem with benching Webb is it appeas that C Williams is in Tices dog house and he isn't even getting mentioned and they signed another LT.
ConVict90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
If Jonathan Scott is the savior for the Bears, then Jay is in real trouble. Scott is horrendous

Hey.. you never know

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:

What move would you have made?

Spencer has been horrendous at LG and we had a bigger, stronger backup with 38 career starts at OG.

The problem with benching Webb is it appeas that C Williams is in Tices dog house and he isn't even getting mentioned and they signed another LT.
Chris Williams to LG or LT.

Spencer hasn't looked good but is Rachal the answer?

This seems like a move just to make a move.
Chronickerr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Williams should be our LG. He was good there last year playing next to Webb until he got hurt. I'm glad Spencer is benched but he got benched in favor of the wrong guy.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Spencer hasn't looked good but is Rachal the answer? This seems like a move just to make a move.

No, he's not. This is a repeat of the Omiyale/Beekman swap-out in 2009. When the sum of all parts is less than adequate, it's not going to matter that much.

This isn't really an unexpected move, though. Rachal is the only single-position offensive lineman the Bears kept on the final roster, and he seems like a guy who fits Tice's mold.

Chronickerr wrote:
Chris Williams should be our LG. He was good there last year playing next to Webb until he got hurt. I'm glad Spencer is benched but he got benched in favor of the wrong guy.

If Rachal got the call over Williams, I think it's safe to assume that they want a contingency plan for Webb. If they sub Williams for Spencer now, then need to get Webb out of there later, they would be sliding around too many parts. I mean, they already are, but you get the idea.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have been writing Spencer has been struggling in both games this season…namely against powerful Dlinemen…with Brockers coming up this is the right time to make a move…now I’m not sure Rachal is the right move but we should try something.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Spencer hasn't looked good but is Rachal the answer? This seems like a move just to make a move.

No, he's not. This is a repeat of the Omiyale/Beekman swap-out in 2009. When the sum of all parts is less than adequate, it's not going to matter that much.

This isn't really an unexpected move, though. Rachal is the only single-position offensive lineman the Bears kept on the final roster, and he seems like a guy who fits Tice's mold.

Chronickerr wrote:

If Rachal got the call over Williams, I think it's safe to assume that they want a contingency plan for Webb. If they sub Williams for Spencer now, then need to get Webb out of there later, they would be sliding around too many parts. I mean, they already are, but you get the idea.

I think you might be right they are keeping Williams and Scott in the bull pen and Webb is getting his last shot.

If Williams is playing LG we have only Jon Scott with 5 practices to remove Webb. I am assuming that Williams may get in this game if Webb struggles.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say I haven't ever seen Rachal play (apart from this pre-season) but I do remember a 49ers fan coming on here when we signed him and saying how bad his pass protection is... Will have to reserve judgement on the decision until I watch him play Sunday.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 2 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: