Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Was Tuckers FG really good?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you honestly think Tuckers FG was good in real time?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

StevenV32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Was Tuckers FG really good? Reply with quote

I understand that the game is over now and the ruling can't be changed, -Thank God- but in real time before the referee raised his arms to signal it was good I thought I was going to have to relive last January 1 more time.

What was y'alls first reaction? Did you think it was good real time?
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your title and poll seem to be asking two different things.

1) Yes, it was absolutely, without a doubt good.

2) In real time, I was not sure. I think I screamed "Yes!" and "Oh my god!" at the same time while watching. Probably 55 - 45 thinking it missed at the time. Mostly because my nerves were already so crazy and was worried about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't tell when the play happened but the replays did show that it sneaked through. If they were another yard back it wouldn't have been good.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the replays confirmed it. And the guy standing directly below it and looking straight up (aka, the person with the best possible view) said it certainly went through.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was ruled good on the field. Hypothetically if the goal posts did extend that high up, it wouldn't hit the uprights and bounced off as no good.

That just makes it much sweeter IMO.

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was good, but it's not what I was looking for. Tucker is definitely going to have coaches gunning for him in pressure situations with regards to trying to ice him now.

But to his credit, it was something that he can correct. It was a rhythm thing, where it looked like he hesitated or something... I think he thought they were trying to "double ice" him and he wasn't sure if it was a "real" kick- and it happened so fast for him.

So at least it was something that he has the chance to correct in the future without any harm having come of this.

I still believe in Tucker!... If I hadn't, I'd already be sporting some other sig... probably a Bernard Pierce one- but I'm not... because Tucker must NOT die!

EDIT: In real time, it seemed like the kick, along with the ruling happened instantaneous. So before I could doubt the kick, an answer was already given. I did however doubt if it would stand... that somehow with our luck something in the rulebook that I didn't know about (yet the replacement refs somehow knew??) would be brought up, a booth challenge of the kick would happen and we'd lose the game on an overturned field goal kick. But yeah.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Espn showed a replay with their object path tracking on the screen which made it clear the kick was good. I certainly had some doubt (not that I was confident it missed) when it was live though.
jpeter15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real time when I first saw it I immediately thought it was wide (I voted as such above) but when I watched the replays it was pretty clear it barely slid through.

Also, I don't think any camera angle would have been better than the ref standing directly under the goal post so reviewing the play would not have accomplished much.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was wide when I watched it live. I don't think so now!
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial reaction was no good, but the fact that the fans cheered threw me off before I got to see the signal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he first hit it, before I saw the refs reaction, I thought it was no good.

After the replays, I definitely think it's good.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
My initial reaction was no good, but the fact that the fans cheered threw me off before I got to see the signal.

Same here. I was kind of in shock thinking I was reliving the AFC Championship game and thought the crowd suddenly had a bunch of Pats fans coming out of nowhere going wild. I was pissed and definitely thought it wasn't in at first, but when they signaled it was good, I had a sigh of relief. I think I'm still kind of in shock because I don't feel like I normally would after a win of this magnitude.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought it was no good, but while I'm pretty sure it's good now, the fact that the same pool of referees that called that INT a TD last night called it, makes me doubt just because they're that incompetent.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
At first I thought it was no good, but while I'm pretty sure it's good now, the fact that the same pool of referees that called that INT a TD last night called it, makes me doubt just because they're that incompetent.

It doesn't matter if the refs called it "good" or not at this point, it's already been proven to be good via video evidence.

Video evidence trumps incompetence.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

It doesn't matter if the refs called it "good" or not at this point, it's already been proven to be good via video evidence.

Video evidence trumps incompetence.

The Packers, NFL fans and normal people would like to have a word with you. Laughing

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: