Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

After 2 weeks: 1st 2 picks to the D RDE & #2 CB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelbot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
kelbot wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
kelbot wrote:
Is Usama Young worse than Eric Haag?

Has Buster Skrine ever made a solo tackle?

Why do I miss Sheldon Brown?

After asking myself these questions a lot on Sunday, I feel that FS and CB are the two biggest needs right now.

Fort, Robertson, Gocong, Maiva, can suffice at OLB.

I will also say that the 6 sacks of Dalton were fools gold. Coverage sacks. DQJ getting 3, as the QB spy, should tell us that. He had all day to throw. Sheard has gotten better in the run game, but has not made an impact this year rushing the passer.

Vick has a really bad OLine, that was exposed. Against 2 pretty good tackles (Smith and Whitworth), no edge rush was present. That has to improve. If Sheard can't develop into the force he looked like late last year, DE is a huge priority too.

Where do I start??

Yes. I feel Usama Young is worse than Hagg, so does the coaching staff.

Skrine played well in the first game, when he was playing a role he should be playing (a 4th CB).

You miss Sheldon Brown because he's a solid CB, it's really not that hard to admit.

You think the pass rush is fools gold and that the sacks against the Bengals were coverage sacks, but at the same time think CB and FS are our 2 biggest needs? Kind of a contradiction, no?

DJax got the sacks because of the edge pressure that you said didn't occur. From may view in my living room, the edge pressure forced Dalton to step up right into Jackson. It's especially odd when you consider that both Rucker and Parker (edge rushers) had sacks.

I've seen enough of Haag and Young to know they are not long term answers. And I concede that all NFL coaches know more than I do. But I also saw Scott Fujita play in place of LJ Fort.

I like Skrine. And you say "he played well as the 4th CB". So mentioning drafting someone to be, lets say, the #2CB (you know, the title of the thread) is out of line, somehow? ok.

Yes I do miss Sheldon Brown. He is a good corner. But he is also targeted frequently and is not a long term answer at #2 CB (again, see the title of the thread).

Dalton held the ball way too long. But regardless, the edge rushers you called out are a 34 year old on a 1yr deal and a FA with 8 sacks in 6 years. The best pass rusher on the team, has yet to make an impact. So, again, I'm out of bounds for saying a pass rusher is an area of need.

I won't even get into the sacks do not equal consistent pressure argument.

I guess acknowledging that an 0-2 team thats given up 300+ pass yards in both games, and is coming off a 4-12 season, could use upgrades at multiple positions is blasphemy of some sort?

I have no problem with wanting to add young talent to any position on the D, especially manned by older guys, but some of the points you were making were simply incorrect.

Skrine is a solid #4 right now. By next year he may very well be worthy of a starting gig. You asked if he ever made a solo tackle. Yes, he has. He's looked good in every game he's played sans Sunday....as a first time starter....against AJ Green....on the road.

Our DL, despite the opinions of some, has been effective. This can be backed up by both subjective and objective points. Are those guys older? Yes. But they have played very well thus far.

If you want to say we should replacements due to age fine, but these guys are not playing poorly.

Also, to the 300 yards passing in both games, you realize it took Vick 60 attempts to do so and Dalton did it with our top 2 CB's out? Kinda relevant when evaluating the numbers, no?

As far as being 'out of bounds' about wanting a pass rusher, I never said anything of the sort. A team can never have enough good pass rushers. I simply said the guys we have now are playing quite well and were in any way the issue you described them in your original post.

I think you've confused incorrect with debatable.

Skrine lined up on Binns and Jones as much as he did Green. By next year, he may very well be on another team or out of the league. Not saying he can't develop, but counting on him to is akin to thinking Brandon McDonald would develop into a legit starter.

Even if I concede that they have played better than everyone else in the league, it doesn't change the fact that a 4-3 defensive line should go 8 deep. Parker may not be back, Sheard has underwhelmed, Rucker is not a pass rusher, and Stephens is a backup. They shouldn't try to improve there?
Age and depth aren't legit reasons to call it a need?

Make all the excuses you want for the defense, but they are giving up too many yards. However you spin it, this team will never win if they consistently give up 25 points and 400 yards a game. I know the defense didn't give up the punt return, but they still got it handed to them on Sunday.

At every position on offense there is young promising talent and depth. Nothing wrong with saying, as of today, that is not the case at the CB, FS, and RDE positions.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please allow me to retract everything previously stated.

Thanks. Embarassed

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Please allow me to retract everything previously stated.

Thanks. Embarassed

Ha, that's ok. I thought Skrine was much better this week. Usama and Gipson both looked decent.

Rubin is not himself, and was never Warren Sapp to begin with. Rucker is a DT lining up wide.

But a Sheard, Winn, Taylor, High Profile Rookie could be a pretty good pass rushing unit.

Rubin. Taylor, Rucker, Winn (at DE) would be a strong run stopping unit.

Potential is there.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We obviously have the talent to make a big turn around like the 99 rams, 11 49ers or the year Miami went from 1-15 to 11-5. We have more talent on this team than we have every had since coming back. Right now its about exectution, timing, rhythm and such. We have to learn as we go and get better every week. I think we do that and like I said I think we go 6-5 in the last 11 games after an 0-5 start(and that was my predicion prior to the season except a 1-4 start). In 2013 after we add another impact player or maybe we get lucky and add two then we make a big jump.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some CB prospects I like in this draft. CB may need to be or first round pick. IK we need a DE as well, but I dont want to take one just because we feel we need one, So far the only 2 I really like are Werner and Jeffcoat, both of whom could possibly not enter. And with the way the NFL is now we do need someone to pair with haden.

Xavier Rhodes- FSU- 6'1, 217 lbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICHinzH0DpY #27

Justin Gilbert- Oklahoma State- 6'0 195 lbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oO70JyLbXM&feature=related

Dee Millner-Bama- 6'1, 198 lbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQTBc8GWesc&feature=related

Johnthan Banks- Miss St.- 6'1 185

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9p6rOmWKXI

I could also throw in David Amerson, but I personally feel he will be a FS at the next level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: