Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WEEK 2: COWBOYS AT SEAHAWKS (SIG BET ADDED!!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: WEEK 2: COWBOYS AT SEAHAWKS (SIG BET ADDED!!!) Reply with quote

1-0

AT

0-1

When: Sunday, Sep 16 @ 4:00 PM ET
Where: CenturyLink Field

Link: /85438892934354

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING

SaveourSonics wrote:
And Dallas did not look that great. They couldn't run the ball at all in the 1st half of that game and the Giants were getting constant pressure on Romo but couldn't finish. Not to mention Dallas had like 17 penalties and we play much better at home.

[To be updated accordingly]

What The Game Means

Cowboys go on the road for their second game in a row. This games is the Seahawks home opener. The Seahawks should definitely have a home field advantage. Their crowd is notoriously loud and will be even moreso for the home opener. No team wants to start the season 0-2. Therefore, it is same to assume the Cowboys will see the Seahawks best game on Sunday.

In terms of importance of the game, if the Cowboys can win 2 road games to start the season, it's a huge advantage going forward.

Keys To Game

1. Cowboys offensive line MUST improve. The most important aspect to this game is protecting Tony Romo, opening holes for DeMarco Murray, and limiting the mistakes. Romo cannot be expected to overcome nearly a dozen offensive penalties again (especially on the road). The Cowboys win 75% of their games when Romo gets sacke once or less. The Cowboys lose over 50% of their games when Romo gets sacked twice or more. If the Cowboys want to win the game, they must protect Romo.

2. Cowboys WRs vs Seahawks secondary. The Cowboys WRs had a field day against NYG's secondary. That won't be the case this game. Seattle has a very underrated secondary. They have big, tall CBs. They have agressive, play making safeties. I don't expect to see WRs running completely open down field this game.

3. Stopping Marshawn Lynch. Dallas will try to make Seattle one dimensional. They will try to take Lynch out of the game and see if the rookie QB can beat them. We will see a lot of 8 men in the box and single coverage on the outside. If Dallas can stop Marshawn Lynch on first and second down, it always Rob Ryan to dial up blitzes and pressure the rookie into mistakes.

Friendly Advice

The second you feel comfortable about the Cowboys ability to win a game or begin to think "the Cowboys SHOULD win this game," immediately punch yourself in the nuts. If you can't do it to yourself, have a friend do it for you. We have learned from sad experience that as a Cowboys fan, you should NEVER enter a game expecting a win. A good ball break BEFORE the game, is the cure to heartache AFTER the game.

These are words to live by. For those who don't want to take my friendly advice...

2 WEEK SIG BET

COWBOYS SIGN UPS

1. Cicero
2. CowboysTilIDie
3. BryantSyndrom
4. acowboys62
5. The_Slamman
6. Tony7188
7. DKDALfan
8. canadaluvsdalla
9. matt79511
10. Dboys88-82
11. DallasPride28
12. Matts
13. Desperado82
14. cav_fan2
15. johnnypocket
16. Lazyking
17. MightyMouse07
18. Dahobofest
19. Ace5

SEACHICKENS SIGN UPS

1. SoS
2. hdshot
3. klyon7634
4. TheoryofSeahawk
5. Sack98
6. chpjns15
7. TheDudeAbides
8. Dools=hawks
9. JOEJOE
10. moomin
11. hawkman
12. Pie Romania
13. Tooki
14. sirensong
15. Tats
16. outside_Insider
17. Shazor4
18. Seaducks
19. animaltested

DeMarco Murray Side Sig Bet

For DeMarco Murray rushing for 100+ yards

1. Matts
2. CowboysTilIDie
3. Dboys88-82
4. BryantSyndrom

Against DeMarco Murray rushing for 100+ yards

1. SoS

Injuries

COWBOYS

Jay Ratliff (ankle)- day to day
Mike Jenkins (shoulder)- Likely to play
Phil Costa (back)- Likely out

SEAHAWKS

Russell Wilson (pride)- likely to play
Russell Okung (bruised vjj)- likely to play

Challenges

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Ms. Cleo Challenge

Hello football experts, here is your challenge. I want to your football acumen be pitted against lady luck. All of your members may participate, but I only need 4 of you to hit the mark. So I guess the question isdo you feel lucky? Well do ya?

Acceptable Offensive Categories:
Catches Will only count for WR, RB and TE.
Reception Yards Will only count for WR, RB and TE.
Receiving TDs - Will only count for WR, RB and TE.
Rushing Yards Will only count for RB
Rushing TDs Will only count for RB, FB, QB
QBs Completion/Attempts Both must be listed.
QBs Total Yards inclusive of rushing and passing. Sacks will count against yards
QBs TD/INT Both must be listed.

Acceptable Defensive Categories:
Sacks Any defensive players
INT - Any defensive players
Combined Tackles Any defensive player
Forced Fumbles Any Defensive Player
Defensive TDs Any Defensive Player, both Fumble and INTs will count.
Safety Any Defensive Player
Solo Tackles Any Defensive player
Assist Tackles Any Defensive player

Blue Division:
Each participant may submit 4 (four) predicted stats for this game. You must get 3 (three) right in order for that submission to be valid. I need at least 4 (four) valid submission from your group of 10 (ten) to be awarded a point. So four entries must have gotten at least 3 stats correct.

Here is the twist. Two of the four statistical guesses must be offensive, and two must be defensive.

Twist #2. You will be giving me 2 submissions for the Cowboys Defense. And 2 from the Seahawks Offense.

To make it stupid proof, this is what I want from you.
Pick a Cowboy Defensive player(s) and give me your prediction based on the acceptable categories. You may submit up to two defensive stats. It can be for just one player, or you can have up to two. I also need an offensive player(s) from the seahawks. You get four chances to be right. You must hit on three of them.

So. You can give me one offensive player with two stats associated with him. Or you can give me two offensive players with one stat associated with each. On the defensive side you may give me one defensive player with two stats associated with him. Or you can give me two defensive players with one stat line each.

Silver Division:
Each participant may submit 4 (four) predicted stats for this game. You must get 3 (three) right in order for that submission to be valid. I need at least 4 (four) valid submission from your group of 10 (ten) to be awarded a point.

Here is the twist. Two of the four statistical guesses must be offensive, and two must be defensive.

Twist #2. You will be giving me 2 submissions for the Cowboys Offense. And 2 from the Seahawks Defense.

Pick a Cowboy Offensive player(s) and give me your prediction based on the acceptable categories. You may submit up to two offensive stats. It can be for just one player, or you can have up to two. I also need a defensive player(s) from the seahawks. You get four chances to be right. You must hit on three of them.

So. You can give me one offensive player with two stats associated with him. Or you can give me two offensive players with one stat associated with each. On the defensive side you may give me one defensive player with two stats associated with him. Or you can give me two defensive players with one stat line each.

NOTE If you try to get cute and pick a back up, you will be disqualified. If you try to get cute and pick a starter but dont think they will have any tackles or catches, you will be disqualified. This is about guessing production. Not predicting lack of stats. Examples of what is not okay: Anthony Spencer - 0 Sacks. Orton - 0 TD's. That is not limited to just those two examples. So I will restate. Don't be dumb.

NOTE 2 In the interest of fairness, all stats will be based on NFL.coms stats. If you want the whole competition to be judge by a different stat site speak up before the game starts. Afterwards I do not care.

NOTE 3 I am the sole arbitrator on this. If you EDIT a post in regards to this competition, you are disqualified. If I think you edited a post in regards to this competition, you are disqualified. Dont give me a reason to think you are cheating.

NOTE 4 You have until kickoff to get your submissions in. 00:01 into the game and no more submissions will count. You have plenty of time to get it in beforehand.

NOTE 5 Dont be dumb. The Blue division and the Silver division have two different challenges. Your failure to read is your problem.

NOTE 6 Bonus: If you correctly predict the final score, I will substitute it for one of the three things you need to get right. So basically you get five chances to get three right. Why didnt I include this higher up? Because I want to see who is reading and paying attention. Sucks to suck.

NOTE 7 If you see an issue, PM me. I may or may not see it raised in this thread. If I dont then that becomes your problem. Dont take chances. Act.

NOTE 8 I am open to adding more categories. PM me.

NOTE 9 In the event that I do add more categories, everyone who has submitted an entry will be notified and be given the chance to change 1 stat in lieu of the new addition.

NOTE 10 You can predict as many things as you want. I will only read the top 2 offensive and defensive (based on your specific team assignment).

NOTE 11 In the event you predict players for the wrong team, you lose. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

BEGIN!

Ace5 wrote:
Okay guys. This week's blue division challenge is going to be a tough one.

Find me a Seahawks fan outside Seattle.

Seriously.

Everyone who posts a picture of some type of seahawks fan (bumper sticker, jersey, hat, etc) gets a point for their division.

*****Don't use google image search. I have the technology. I can reverse search your image. Find where it came from. I am the sole arbiter of this challenge and will pass judgement accordingly. Timestamp will add cred to your challenge, but I understand that taking a pic of someone doesn't always allow the timestamp. Just understand that if you use an image search, I'll know. It's easy to tell.

****** If participation numbers are high the committee reserves the right to cut the gross numbers in half to maintain competitive balance.

****** IF YOU LIVE IN SEATTLE (not aware of any boys fan in the DCRA league who does but I could be wrong) FIND ME A COWBOYS FAN WHO ISN'T YOU. NORMAL FF RULES APPLY TO IMAGES OF YOURSELF OR OTHER POSTERS.

****** Be creative. Know that in my challenges, I award bonus style points. Flip off the Seahawks fan/logo in the pic. Take multiple pictures to tell a story. Dazzle me in some way.

Last edited by The_Slamman on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 26 times in total
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oy.

Playing at Seattle is always tough. They have one of the best home field advantages/crowds in the NFL.

Saying that, we have the better team, the better quarterback and we have beaten Seattle in 3 straight meetings, including last season.

It'll be close as it always is on the road, but I feel like we take this one against an inferior opponent, who is starting a rookie quarterback might I add.

Cowboys 27-16 Seattle.

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game doesn't really concern me that much. I'm not underrating the Seahawks, it's just the Cowboys play really well away from their billion dollar stadium

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game will tell us a lot about the 2012 Cowboys, win or loose. This is a game the Cowboys should win and win by 2 scores. They have the better offense, defense and special teams at least IMO.

If they go out to the West Coast and gut out a 10 point win then there will be a large sigh of relief from my home. If they go out there and loose or even win on a late FG 17-16 in an dispirited effort then me and most of the media will label them as same ole' Cowboys.

If the Cowboys want to distance themselves from the past decade of failure then it starts by winning games you should win and winning them convincingly. No duds... or flops or whatever you want to call them.

The schedule suddenly got harder after yesterdays games. Not the Seahawks game.. that game should be a win for the cowboys but the Bucs looked impressive with a stingy defense and the Bears new weapons on offense (Marshall and Rookie Jefferies) will test our new corners... what looked like an easy 3-1 or 4-0 start before the bye is not looking so easy and a loss in Seattle this week could spell 2-2 or god forbid 1-3 going into the break with the Ravens waiting on the back end.

Did I mention the Cowboys have never beaten this 2.0 version of the Browns.. (Ravens)? never.. argh! Sad of course they have only played them 3 times but still the Ravens are the only team the Cowboys have NEVER beaten..

If they play well in Seattle and perhaps head into the bye 4-0 then i expect they have a good chance of changing that stat...
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I posted in the mini bye week thread.

textaz03 wrote:
Not to worried about Seattle. Going against a mediocre Arizona team, Wilson ends the night in 52 percent completion percentage, for 153 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Plus he had 8 carries for 20 yards. He was sacked 3 times and that run game only generated 115 yards on the ground.

Seattle also ended the night with 13 penalties for 90 yards

other notable stats for Seattle:

5 - 16 3rd down conversions

Wilson 4.1 yards per pass

3.5 yards per rush

On defense, Seattle only had 1 sack and allowed 210 yards passing from Kolb and Skelton (who was knocked out of the game). However, there strong point was there run defense which only allowed a whopping 43 yards on the ground

I will post my thoughts about this game later.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect Cook to start at center this week (and hopefully from now on) and with a full week of practice with the same 5 guys on the O-line, I expect a much better showing from the big boys this weekend.

I feel like our defense will dominate their offense. Russell Wilson hasn't seen this crazy of a defense before and I think he will struggle. He may make some plays with his feet scrambling out of the pocket but I think overall he is going to have a very rough day against our Defense. And our run D is very stout so I expect them to have to play one dimensional the whole second half which works extremely in our favor.

The key to this game for me: Start fast. Get the crowd out of it early and don't let Seattle get confidence and be able to continue to pound the ball throughout the game. We need to get the lead early and make them have to rely on their Rookie QB to win them the game.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interested to see if Jenkins makes it onto the field and if so what his role will be on this defense. As far as the game it has trap game written all over it! I will be disappointed if we dont take control of the game early and turn it into a pound the run control the clock second half. Get out with a win regardless but I am really interested to see this teams approach.

Thanks for the sig mike23md
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also reading trap game. And yeah, I would expect Jenkins to play. Any word on Ratliff?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scared of this game frankly. Classic trap game and I don't expect the penalities to really get better because the crowd will be a factor.

That said, Cowboys should win this game. Wilson wasn't that impressive in week one and I just don't think they'll be able to score enough.

23- 13 Cowboys win.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 man boxes will probably be pretty common vs Seattle - leave Carr and Clai on am island with rice and Edwards and force them to beat us through the air.

Earl Thomas should have a red light over his head so Romo knows where he is at all times.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Lazyking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put Carr on Rice not Claiborne. Not impressed with Wilson but Rice played really well.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms. Cleo Challenge

Hello football experts, here is your challenge. I want to your football acumen be pitted against lady luck. All of your members may participate, but I only need 4 of you to hit the mark. So I guess the question isdo you feel lucky? Well do ya?

Acceptable Offensive Categories:
Catches Will only count for WR, RB and TE.
Reception Yards Will only count for WR, RB and TE.
Receiving TDs - Will only count for WR, RB and TE.
Rushing Yards Will only count for RB
Rushing TDs Will only count for RB, FB, QB
QBs Completion/Attempts Both must be listed.
QBs Total Yards inclusive of rushing and passing. Sacks will count against yards
QBs TD/INT Both must be listed.

Acceptable Defensive Categories:
Sacks Any defensive players
INT - Any defensive players
Combined Tackles Any defensive player
Forced Fumbles Any Defensive Player
Defensive TDs Any Defensive Player, both Fumble and INTs will count.
Safety Any Defensive Player
Solo Tackles Any Defensive player
Assist Tackles Any Defensive player

Blue Division:
Each participant may submit 4 (four) predicted stats for this game. You must get 3 (three) right in order for that submission to be valid. I need at least 4 (four) valid submission from your group of 10 (ten) to be awarded a point. So four entries must have gotten at least 3 stats correct.

Twist #2. You will be giving me 2 submissions for the Cowboys Defense. And 2 from the Seahawks Offense.

Pick a Cowboy Defensive player(s) and give me your prediction based on the acceptable categories. You may submit up to two defensive stats. It can be for just one player, or you can have up to two. I also need an offensive player(s) from the seahawks. You get four chances to be right. You must hit on three of them.

Silver Division:
Each participant may submit 4 (four) predicted stats for this game. You must get 3 (three) right in order for that submission to be valid. I need at least 4 (four) valid submission from your group of 10 (ten) to be awarded a point.

Twist #2. You will be giving me 2 submissions for the Cowboys Offense. And 2 from the Seahawks Defense.

Pick a Cowboy Offensive player(s) and give me your prediction based on the acceptable categories. You may submit up to two offensive stats. It can be for just one player, or you can have up to two. I also need a defensive player(s) from the seahawks. You get four chances to be right. You must hit on three of them.

NOTE If you try to get cute and pick a back up, you will be disqualified. If you try to get cute and pick a starter but dont think they will have any tackles or catches, you will be disqualified. This is about guessing production. Not predicting lack of stats. Examples of what is not okay: Anthony Spencer - 0 Sacks. Orton - 0 TD's. That is not limited to just those two examples. So I will restate. Don't be dumb.

NOTE 2 In the interest of fairness, all stats will be based on NFL.coms stats. If you want the whole competition to be judge by a different stat site speak up before the game starts. Afterwards I do not care.

NOTE 3 I am the sole arbitrator on this. If you EDIT a post in regards to this competition, you are disqualified. If I think you edited a post in regards to this competition, you are disqualified. Dont give me a reason to think you are cheating.

NOTE 4 You have until kickoff to get your submissions in. 00:01 into the game and no more submissions will count. You have plenty of time to get it in beforehand.

NOTE 5 Dont be dumb. The Blue division and the Silver division have two different challenges. Your failure to read is your problem.

NOTE 6 Bonus: If you correctly predict the final score, I will substitute it for one of the three things you need to get right. So basically you get five chances to get three right. Why didnt I include this higher up? Because I want to see who is reading and paying attention. Sucks to suck.

NOTE 7 If you see an issue, PM me. I may or may not see it raised in this thread. If I dont then that becomes your problem. Dont take chances. Act.

NOTE 8 I am open to adding more categories. PM me.

NOTE 9 In the event that I do add more categories, everyone who has submitted an entry will be notified and be given the chance to change 1 stat in lieu of the new addition.

NOTE 10 You can predict as many things as you want. I will only read the top 2 offensive and defensive (based on your specific team assignment).

NOTE 11 In the event you predict players for the wrong team, you lose. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

BEGIN!

[Slam I may call upon you to keep the first post updated with entries, pending my laziness. You dont get anything special for doing so. But TSSS will warn Matts for a single post if you do so.]

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike everyone else, I'm not going to make a big deal out of this particular game. The Seahawks are a very talented team. They have a top 10 running back, and a great defense. What I am saying is, regardless of the outcome, I am not going to say, "same ol' Cowboys" or "hey, things are changing". It takes more than the first two games of the season to determine the rest of the year

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the White Division?

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
What about the White Division?

Talk to Ace/Ian. I am your representative. Not all challenges are going to be universal. In fact. PM The snot out of Ace and Ian. Bug them until they act. Go to their homes. Drink their coffee (or Tea, in Ian's case). Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: