Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My honest opinion of Reggie Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadeye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My honest opinion of Reggie Bush Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
While I agree with you, I have caution in giving runningbacks lucrative deals in a contract year. I am still waiting for the ole Reggie Bush to return. The one that has reoccuring hamstring issues. My guess they will reoccur once he gets his contract. I have a strong bias against runningbacks and Chris Johnson has done little to alleviate my concerns.
This is why I don't want to sign Bush to a long contract. I want him back because he's shown so much both last season and now after only two games. But my concern is his long term health getting all these touches, and the value of RB in today's NFL. I don't want a ton of cap tied up at RB.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if Bush has a great year, it may not be the right move to resign him. RBs have a short shelf life, he already has injury issues, and our line has already shown this year that it can also lead the way for guys like Miller and Thomas. I like Bush a lot, but when push comes to shove, RBs are replaceable in this league.

He'll be looking for a huge deal, and while he may prove that he deserved more than he received in '11 and '12, he probably won't earn what we'd end up paying him over the next five years. You don't pay players for what they have done- you pay for what they will do.
pope137

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly the guy is only 27. I think we forget that. I dont see him slowing down really until 30.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than Hartline who else are we going to spend that money on? We have like 60 mil in cap next year. We will have a lot of players to resign, but none will be as important as Bush to the offenses success.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Other than Hartline who else are we going to spend that money on? We have like 60 mil in cap next year. We will have a lot of players to resign, but none will be as important as Bush to the offenses success.

Exactly its not like we have other studs to pay lol
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:

Starks-Gone, we have Odrick to play DT. We should draft a true end and Wake's successor in the first.
McDaniel-Gone, Philbin has shown dislike for expensive back-ups. McDaniel got 3M last time to substitute, we won't allow it this time around.
Smith-Resigned, essential to the team even if he can't get interceptions.
Clemons-?? Depends on his play.

Bush-Resigned, if he continues to have a good season, as a leader and only proven offensive target we should bring him back.
Hartline-Resigned, great WR for the WC offense, already syncing with Tannehill.
Armstrong-?? Depends on his play.
Fasano-Gone, doesn't fit what we want offensively.
Garner-?? If he fits the scheme.
Long-?? Depends on what he asks for depending on his play.

I feel like we will be heavy in FA acquisitions, though not on FA talent. Just so that we can bring in guys that fit what we want offensively and defensively.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the group who thinks we should resign bush somewhere to a front loaded 3 year deal!

I like Starks a lot but don't see him resigned keep a eye on kheston rhandall he is playing well!

Is hartline a free agent I can't find that anywhere ?

Miami is gonna have a lot of cap space next year and as of now the jets are going to be 17 million over so them getting jake long won't be that easy
WAR ENSEMBLE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bush is really coming in to his own. He has heard since he came out that he can't be an every down back in the NFL. The reason I like him so far this season is he shows he can run up the middle, but still has incredible speed to break big runs. He makes our offense go.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

Starks-Gone, we have Odrick to play DT. We should draft a true end and Wake's successor in the first.
McDaniel-Gone, Philbin has shown dislike for expensive back-ups. McDaniel got 3M last time to substitute, we won't allow it this time around.
Smith-Resigned, essential to the team even if he can't get interceptions.
Clemons-?? Depends on his play.

Bush-Resigned, if he continues to have a good season, as a leader and only proven offensive target we should bring him back.
Hartline-Resigned, great WR for the WC offense, already syncing with Tannehill.
Armstrong-?? Depends on his play.
Fasano-Gone, doesn't fit what we want offensively.
Garner-?? If he fits the scheme.
Long-?? Depends on what he asks for depending on his play.

I feel like we will be heavy in FA acquisitions, though not on FA talent. Just so that we can bring in guys that fit what we want offensively and defensively.

Moving Odrick inside to DT is interesting. Is he big enough to play that position at the NFL level? He's not cut out for playing as an outside DE I don't think. That was wishful thinking based on him getting into the backfield a fiew times last season. Maybe Olivier Vernon steps up to fill that spot by season's end.

If Starks goes though, we'll have Soliai and Odrick inside as our DTs. That seems like an odd pair to me.

At present, Clemons isn't playing that well and Smith isn't doing very well at all. He might have shown up in camp against the weakest WR-corp in the league (at that point) but he doesn't play against our guys, he goes up against better guys and doesn't react fast enough. Guys are getting open on him disturbingly easily.
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush will definitely resign, hes one of the captains on this team
Russ57

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO it would be a big mistake not to keep Starks. Both him and Solia have really slimmed down and are making a big difference in our front seven.

Offer me a second for Odrick and I'd trade him today. This isn't because I think badly of him....just that I think a chandler jones would help us more.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: My honest opinion of Reggie Bush Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
pope137 wrote:
I have read several times on this forum, that after this season we will move on from bush. But I don't believe that is in the best interest of this team. This guy is in the same offense that made him a heisman winner. This guy has one of the best attitudes, work ethics, an playing style that other people on this team should try and mimick every day. Reggie deserves a pay day from this organization. He is without our most valuable player. And I wouldn't be surprised if he could get close to an nfl award for his play if he can continue at his current pace.

Plain and simple. If bush plays at least 14 games this year. And avoids serious injury. He should be resigned.

Discuss.

While I agree with you, I have caution in giving runningbacks lucrative deals in a contract year. I am still waiting for the ole Reggie Bush to return. The one that has reoccuring hamstring issues. My guess they will reoccur once he gets his contract. I have a strong bias against runningbacks and Chris Johnson has done little to alleviate my concerns.

Darren Sproles. Enough said.

UniversalAuthor
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My honest opinion on Bush is he needs to be resigned. Bush is a guy that gives us a home run threat. His ability will not be matched.

I think we need to let Daniel Thomas go and keep Miller and Bush. There is no need to keep Thomas if he hinders us from resigning Bush.

Bush allows us to be a team that is a run first team. This will greatly help our OL. With us running the ball, we can set up more play action and allow the OL to be more aggressive.

UniversalAuthor
Warpticon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Thomas hinder the Dolphins from resigning Bush?
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Why would Thomas hinder the Dolphins from resigning Bush?

Money and do they want to rotate 3 running backs. Keeping Daneil Thomas could crowd the backfield. I'm not saying it will, i'm just coming up with possibilities.

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: