Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: New York Giants (1-1) v. Carolina Panthers (1-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another year....and the same old crap.

Tired of seeing everyone wide open...disgusted me so much I was actually disliking the game of football for a while.

Sig by Me
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
my fav part is whether it's 3rd and 1 3rd and 10 or 3rd and 22 we're lining up in the shotgun fake reverse pitch option read delay blah blah blah. this team is a soft trick play team that is more than willing to fold or in this case not even show up

How about when it's 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 10 or 2 and 23 and the defense lets them have every one.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
panther dude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont deserve national tv or the playoff predictions. This is the same crap we've been watching for the past 3 years. Our defense is terrible, just terrible. No heart at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our whole D line is a joke. Just sad. Look at how clean Eli is! Did he even touch the ground today? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellas,

Giants fan here. Just came to say GG and wish you the best the rest of the way.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually went to a sports bar to see this game. It was the wrong game.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
rjkilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry but the read option play didn't work tonight. evidenced by the 7 points put up on the board. we are predictable on offense and soft on defense. maybe now the players will shut their yap about super bowls and getting fans in the seats.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Hey fellas,

Giants fan here. Just came to say GG and wish you the best the rest of the way.

Congrats on the win man, hope Rolle gets well soon.

48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam: "Who wants to support something that puts on a performance of embarrassment? That's what that was tonight. If I was a fan of the Carolina Panthers I'd be holding my head down in shame."

Pretty much how I feel Cam.

48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Cam: "Who wants to support something that puts on a performance of embarrassment? That's what that was tonight. If I was a fan of the Carolina Panthers I'd be holding my head down in shame."

Pretty much how I feel Cam.

At least someone gets it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an all round ugly game tonight.

Offensively, play calling was meh and Cam played poor. That was really the downfall of the evening. Cam got off to a slow start, which let the Giants build a lead and dominate our defense. Had we scored earlier, I think it's a different ball game. Once he got momentum, he either threw a pick or a poor play was called to end the drive.

Defensively, pass rush and run D was non-existant and Josh Norman was abused. Pass rush needs to be upgraded next year, some how, somewhere there is a way to upgrade it. Heck it might be scheme because after tonight, it looked like John Fox was calling the plays again on the side lines, that's how poor it was.

The front 4 was the issue on run D, they RBs had no problems getting to the 2nd and 3rd levels. Not many missed tackles, which is a positive; but something needs to be done with our front 4. Then again, the Giants Oline did a phenomenal job.

Norman was burnt to a crisp tonight, no way around it. Since this is his first poor showing, I will mark it off as rookie mistakes and learning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the injuries hurt us. I also think we didn't take advantage of the opportunies we had to swing the game, like Beason's potential pick, or the two potential picks from Godfrey.

People can complain about Joe Adams but he's going to be a good kick returner. Every rookie kick returner has a case of the fumbles for a period. That is basically a standard in the NFL now and that is the risk we take by letting Adams take the field. Cam's picks were costly but the one to Lafell was a little lucky.

The defensive scheme wasn't too great obviously and I think Barden surprised the Panthers with his ability. But Norman is a rookie, a 5th rounder at that who has and still is exceeding expectations, but he's going to get beat now and then.

Beason is a looking like he's still recovering imo.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramses freakin' Barden? Bleh. Welcome to the league, rookie. We knew DLine was going to be a problem coming into the season, though. Just a frustrating game.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dline has two jobs- stop the run and rush the passer and they get destroyed on both. so basically useless. i'm glad we paid johnson all that money (i could've gotten as many sacks as he did last night for half the price. what a bargain) the secondary was torched and norman needs some aloe vera. the o couldn't keep anything going and it was just terrible all around. And I don't think much will improve this year (but i hope i'm wrong) Looking forward to basketball early this year again again...

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Higgs Boson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Thursday night games are whack. Last week Cutler and Rodgers looked silly. I've always hated when my team plays in them, there's just not enough time to recover and gameplan.

2. It's not like you guys lost to some scrub team. The Giants just f'n won the Super Bowl and made several teams look silly in the process, ask Atlanta. They're pretty good. And don't let their injuries fool you, they are an INCREDIBLY deep team.

I was talking to my Charlotte friend the other day and he said he expected the Panthers to win around 5 or 6 games this season (tough schedule, sophomore slump for Cam, didn't really dig the draft/offseason). Now, it's like he's ready to jump off a bridge after last night's game. I know it sucks to get blown out on a prime-time game, but my reaction is - did he really expect a "five win" team to beat the Super Bowl champs on a Thursday night?

Anyway, Cam will be fine. Your team just has a lot of other holes that need to be filled. The 2013 draft will be crucial and you guys really need to beef up your O and D lines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: