Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another new Thread Yippie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Reggie wants a zone blocking scheme long term. That's what he'll stick with. People really need to understand that this is a re-build we are going through, those things do get changed or fixed straight away and players don't learn and pick them up straight away either. Short term pain for long term gain.

Does Reggie want an incompetent OC? Because if that's what he wants long term, there's really no gain involved.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Reggie wants a zone blocking scheme long term. That's what he'll stick with. People really need to understand that this is a re-build we are going through, those things do get changed or fixed straight away and players don't learn and pick them up straight away either. Short term pain for long term gain.

Does Reggie want an incompetent OC? Because if that's what he wants long term, there's really no gain involved.

He doesn't have one though.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Look we are basically discussing the same topic over like 5 threads. Its either Palmer or Knapp in every single thread. Cant we just discuss this in one thread. Two Pryor threads in the top 5 on the first page and we only 2 games in that is silly. Im not going to call out names but when he post just dont respond, let his threads go to the bottom of the page and on to the next.

But now to the Raiders. This is going to sound crazy but Reggie IMO has to be tanking the season without actually looking like tanking the season. The reason I say this is because I have faith in Reggie. Look he cant just cut all the players and trade every bad contract in a blink of an eye. He has to rebuild but fans thought we were close so he had to be competitive to. It wasnt for Allen to save his job, it was just for fans.

No way Reggie hires Knapp who runs a ZBS, and like his QBs to do bootlegs and move their feet. He knew with a 32 year old QB on a bum knee, a RB who has never looked good behind ZBS and two offensive lineman in Barnes and Cooper who cant move their feet. No way you implement this system, from an offense that was pretty good doing something else the year before.

Im not saying that I think Knapp can run a successful offensive even worth the right personnal to run it, cause I seriously have my doubts, but I did know he couldnt run our team successfully. But now we are losing and look bad Reggie can start trying to trade over the the top and overpaid players without fans going crazy about. He also can start to build up his draft picks portfolio, with higher draft picks from losing and from trades. I dont like losing, I hate but if this is Reggie's plan I can see why he went this route.

Why do you have faith in Reggie what has he ever done?
The first chance he gets to prove himself and screws the pooch. this is a horrible Team, horrible coaching staff, schemes,
you name it is just horrible.

So Reggie had one offseason with no picks before the 4th and you put all the blame on him for this mess. Yeah ok.

So he's not the reason we fired Hue and hired Allen and Knapp and went to a zone blocking system or that we have $6 million surplus while we need cornerbacks. Trading Murphy for next to nothing.

What corners should he go get? When he is 30 mill under the cap in 2 or so years and we spend on some players you really want, are you gonna to complain about the 6 million he isnt using right now. Also please look at things as a whole and no just the moment. The 6 mill may be needed to help us stay under the cap next year or to sign something we need next year. You blaming him cause he lost his number 1 corner to injury in the first game of the season. Fire Hue had to be done, lets no act like he is some hot commodity, where is he now. Knapp is the only thing I dont like but I explain why he did it in the opening post.

I don't think he was a bad coach. He paid to much for Palmer but that's a GM decision not a coaching decision. He won eight games with a hurt QB and RB. I think they're pretty good job under the circumstance.
I have nothing but bad things to say about Allen. Not one part of the team is running right from defense to offense to special teams and the blame for that has to be on Allen for that.
Knapp just sucks
For two weeks now he can't get the offense to play right. He calls the worst game ever. He calls the same dumb plays over and over even though they don't work. When is he going to get it through his thick head that he has to switch plays
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Look we are basically discussing the same topic over like 5 threads. Its either Palmer or Knapp in every single thread. Cant we just discuss this in one thread. Two Pryor threads in the top 5 on the first page and we only 2 games in that is silly. Im not going to call out names but when he post just dont respond, let his threads go to the bottom of the page and on to the next.

But now to the Raiders. This is going to sound crazy but Reggie IMO has to be tanking the season without actually looking like tanking the season. The reason I say this is because I have faith in Reggie. Look he cant just cut all the players and trade every bad contract in a blink of an eye. He has to rebuild but fans thought we were close so he had to be competitive to. It wasnt for Allen to save his job, it was just for fans.

No way Reggie hires Knapp who runs a ZBS, and like his QBs to do bootlegs and move their feet. He knew with a 32 year old QB on a bum knee, a RB who has never looked good behind ZBS and two offensive lineman in Barnes and Cooper who cant move their feet. No way you implement this system, from an offense that was pretty good doing something else the year before.

Im not saying that I think Knapp can run a successful offensive even worth the right personnal to run it, cause I seriously have my doubts, but I did know he couldnt run our team successfully. But now we are losing and look bad Reggie can start trying to trade over the the top and overpaid players without fans going crazy about. He also can start to build up his draft picks portfolio, with higher draft picks from losing and from trades. I dont like losing, I hate but if this is Reggie's plan I can see why he went this route.

The first chance he gets to prove himself and screws the pooch. this is a horrible Team, horrible coaching staff, schemes,

So Reggie had one offseason with no picks before the 4th and you put all the blame on him for this mess. Yeah ok.

So he's not the reason we fired Hue and hired Allen and Knapp and went to a zone blocking system or that we have $6 million surplus while we need cornerbacks. Trading Murphy for next to nothing.

What corners should he go get? When he is 30 mill under the cap in 2 or so years and we spend on some players you really want, are you gonna to complain about the 6 million he isnt using right now. Also please look at things as a whole and no just the moment. The 6 mill may be needed to help us stay under the cap next year or to sign something we need next year. You blaming him cause he lost his number 1 corner to injury in the first game of the season. Fire Hue had to be done, lets no act like he is some hot commodity, where is he now. Knapp is the only thing I dont like but I explain why he did it in the opening post.

I don't think he was a bad coach. He paid to much for Palmer but that's a GM decision not a coaching decision. He won eight games with a hurt QB and RB. I think they're pretty good job under the circumstance.
I have nothing but bad things to say about Allen. Not one part of the team is running right from defense to offense to special teams and the blame for that has to be on Allen for that.
Knapp just sucks
For two weeks now he can't get the offense to play right. He calls the worst game ever. He calls the same dumb plays over and over even though they don't work. When is he going to get it through his thick head that he has to switch plays

Well special teams suck cause we have no depth. What has Allen done or not done to make you not like him. Our teams have seem prepared in both games. Execution and adjustments have been horrid though. Ijuries have been bad for us to. Knapp does sucks I agree. Hue couldnt remain here under the new system. Blame his last press conference for him not being here anymore. Not Reggie.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Hue back alright. He was a guy who knew how to get it done away at Miami.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Knapp just sucks

Well special teams suck cause we have no depth. What has Allen done or not done to make you not like him. Our teams have seem prepared in both games. Execution and adjustments have been horrid though. Ijuries have been bad for us to. Knapp does sucks I agree. Hue couldnt remain here under the new system. Blame his last press conference for him not being here anymore. Not Reggie.

How is the team prepared it's the same old Raiders miscues, penalties and blown assignments.
How many punts have to be blocked before you go for it on fourth down, 1,2,3,4. That's all Allen
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

That next to nothing had a 65 yard TD run yesterday. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin. Murphy had a good game in game 1, but had 0 catches yesterday. I dunno, seems like an even trade so far.

(we traded Campbell for Goodson)

ya slipping nick jr. Laughing
just the other day you tried to tell me last year brady didnt throw anywhere close to a 3:1 td to int ratio when he actually threw better.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

I don't think that's what Reggie wants. Reggie hired HIS coach and let him hire HIS own staff. Period. However, Reggie ultimately did approve the hire so both DA and Reggie are capable. that being said there isn't a logical reason to completely dismantle the OFFENSE when OFFENSE wasn't the problem and by reupping both Seymour AND Kelly essentially keep the SAME DEFENSE. That is a recipe for pain alright.

Personally, I believe Saunders was retained for a reason. Maybe someone (RM) wanted to back DA but wasn't quite sure about Knapp?
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
bitty wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Knapp just sucks

How is the team prepared it's the same old Raiders miscues, penalties and blown assignments.
How many punts have to be blocked before you go for it on fourth down, 1,2,3,4. That's all Allen

Its 2 games into a new regime. There is going to be miscues, and blown assignments. And if anybody thought Tommy Kelly was going to stop jumping offsides cause he has a new coach you was fooling yourself. It takes more than one offseason to make the team with the most penalties ever to stop commitiing them all together.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
We need Hue back alright. He was a guy who knew how to get it done away at Miami.

Yeah, how is nobody commenting on this. Last year, Hue got whacked WORSE than yesterday. They were down 34-0. At least this year, they were in the game for a 1/2.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the next 3 weeks will be a very long 3 weeks for raider fans. I have a strong feeling during the bye week reggie will make some moves, coaching or player wise. This team is in desperate need for an identity. mcfadden doesn't fit the zone blocking system, he has said so himself, and im not sure our offensive line is made for zone blocking. reggie needs to decide to keep zone blocking, or keep dmac. i have a feeling after our bye week, one may be gone...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncraiders20 wrote:
I think the next 3 weeks will be a very long 3 weeks for raider fans. I have a strong feeling during the bye week reggie will make some moves, coaching or player wise. This team is in desperate need for an identity. mcfadden doesn't fit the zone blocking system, he has said so himself, and im not sure our offensive line is made for zone blocking. reggie needs to decide to keep zone blocking, or keep dmac. i have a feeling after our bye week, one may be gone...

If we could still get a first for McFadden, I'd still do it. Doubt it would happen though. I'm rooting for the ZBS to go bye-bye

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Yeah, how is nobody commenting on this. Last year, Hue got whacked WORSE than yesterday. They were down 34-0. At least this year, they were in the game for a 1/2.

Hue Jackson didn't have McFadden in that game, nor did he suck at OC like Greg Knapp does.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Hue Jackson didn't have McFadden in that game, nor did he suck at OC like Greg Knapp does.

Amazing how such a good OC couldn't even score any points. Laughing
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Another new Thread Yippie Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

ya slipping nick jr. Laughing
just the other day you tried to tell me last year brady didnt throw anywhere close to a 3:1 td to int ratio when he actually threw better.

I have failed in my attempts to appear like an intelligent human being. Maybe I'll just stop and go back to my cave where I can draw on the walls again. You know, where I can draw pictures of deer, buffalo and spears. Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: