Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Frazier Now...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
^Perhaps I was agreeing with you and elaborating on what you said Smile

Peppers90 on the sig.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Firing Frazier might, you know motivate the players a bit more and make them feel a bit insecure about their jobs.

or then again, maybe just winning games will do that too.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:
Firing Frazier might, you know motivate the players a bit more and make them feel a bit insecure about their jobs.

or then again, maybe just winning games will do that too.

Like Smile
Heavydan85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraizer for Coach of the year!!! jk. I didn't see the game, but maybe the result will make this thread die down for...a few hours.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool for the sig
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavydan85 wrote:
Fraizer for Coach of the year!!! jk. I didn't see the game, but maybe the result will make this thread die down for...a few hours.

Hopefully a few weeks. MN has a pretty easy stretch. None of the Lions, Rams, Redskins, and Titans look particularly good.
Robb_K

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that I don't want a better coach. But, maybe Frazier can become THAT better coach. He certainly had a good game plan today. And his team certainly executed it well. His team came to play. His young players having gotten more experience, are starting to play better as a unit.

I have the sneaking feeling they'll be looking back at Game number two thinking that they should not have let that game get away (e.g.-if the defence had only been able to keep The Colts from moving down 2/3 of the field with only 31 seconds left).

It's clear, that if The Vikings come to play, they have the talent to hang in in EVERY game. That means 7-9 to 9-7 record may be a long shot, but not out of the realm of possibility (ESPECIALLY as Ponder and the defence may=ture, and the offensive line gets used to playing together.

This was a great game to watch as a Vikings fan. And now Jerome Simpson will play. Ponder will have a downfield target to stretch the field.

Speaking of Ponder, he played a GREAT game. He was much better than ever on his reads, discipline, timing, decision-making and physical play. He put it all together for the first time. The defence looked very good as well. The special teams were fairly good, except for their coverage on a few low kicks. I'm feeling a LOT better about this team, now.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One huge win doesn't change my view of Frazier much at all. Still need to see more. I'm still in favor of seeing him replaced at season's end. But we can wait and see what he does with the remaining games of this season.

Peppers90 on the sig.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, it's about seeing improvement in Frazier. Today, instead of kicking a stupid field goal against a better team, he went for the TD. That's what you need to do against a better team (game theory wise). Today I saw one instance of a change. Let's see it the whole year.....
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my point in bringing this thread back to life was the ORIGINAL subject, which still remains in the title, of firing the guy after week 2. not at the end of the year, not let's see how he does, blah blah blah...

but the knee jerking over reaction of doing it two games in to the season.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Considering he went 3-13 last season, the reaction is hardly "knee jerk." And I'm just voicing my opinion on the matter, which is that I would still like to see him fired at season's end based on everything we have seen thus far, but I'm fine with seeing if he can make dramatic strides with the rest of this season.

Peppers90 on the sig.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Im still on the release him at the end of the season train. He went for it on 4th and 1 at a time even I would, and Im super conservative lol.
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
One huge win doesn't change my view of Frazier much at all. Still need to see more. I'm still in favor of seeing him replaced at season's end. But we can wait and see what he does with the remaining games of this season.

My fear with canning Fraizer is that I have seen so many quarterbacks ruined by changing coordinators. I am not crazy over our coaching staff but my worry is this. Ponder has started showing a good grasp on Musgrave's system and if you bring in a new coach you end up putting a young quarterback that needs stability back at square one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freakout wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

My fear with canning Fraizer is that I have seen so many quarterbacks ruined by changing coordinators. I am not crazy over our coaching staff but my worry is this. Ponder has started showing a good grasp on Musgrave's system and if you bring in a new coach you end up putting a young quarterback that needs stability back at square one.

Trust me, I agree with you. This is my lone fear regarding this matter. It could be somewhat detrimental to Ponder's progress, but then I think, does having Frazier around (thereby, having Musgrave around) increase the odds of Ponder maximizing his potential? I don't know if the answer is all that clear. I'd actually be willing to bet Ponder could flourish in a different system with new coaches; one of his perceived strengths is his intelligence. I'd be willing to take that risk because the bar is already so low with Frazier.

Peppers90 on the sig.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

How is it a knee jerk when we've had Frazier in this organization for THREE YEARS? It's not like he's magically going to turn into Coughlin over night.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

How is it a knee jerk when we've had Frazier in this organization for THREE YEARS? It's not like he's magically going to turn into Coughlin over night.

Coughlin took one failed coaching stint and almost another failed one before he won a title. I dont get your comparison.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: