Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Comment about 49ers Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions CB Drayton Florence suffered a potentially "long-term" hand injury in Sunday's loss.
Florence was signed by the Lions after being waived at final cuts by the Broncos, but it's still a big blow for Detroit's injury-ravaged secondary. There will now be extra pressure on LCB Chris Houston (ankle) and CB Bill Bentley (concussion) to return in Week 3. A 10-year veteran, Florence hasn't missed a game since 2009.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/247793760006729728

it gets from good to better with the secondary
lions on top

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:
Lions CB Drayton Florence suffered a potentially "long-term" hand injury in Sunday's loss.
Florence was signed by the Lions after being waived at final cuts by the Broncos, but it's still a big blow for Detroit's injury-ravaged secondary. There will now be extra pressure on LCB Chris Houston (ankle) and CB Bill Bentley (concussion) to return in Week 3. A 10-year veteran, Florence hasn't missed a game since 2009.

man, I understand injuries happen to every team but ours are always so concentrated in our weak secondary. How are we supposed to compete when it's an area we are still building and every week we're down to 3rd and 4th stringers in the most pass-heavy division in football? I wish our injuries would disperse some, a guy here, a guy there. We have depth on this team, unfortunately when you test that depth 4, 5 people deep any team will struggle.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

man, I understand injuries happen to every team but ours are always so concentrated in our weak secondary. How are we supposed to compete when it's an area we are still building and every week we're down to 3rd and 4th stringers in the most pass-heavy division in football? I wish our injuries would disperse some, a guy here, a guy there. We have depth on this team, unfortunately when you test that depth 4, 5 people deep any team will struggle.

Could Alphonso Smith be on his way back into town?

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anwar Richardson‏@AnwarRichardson

#Lions coach Jim Schwartz said team needs to find ways to run ball better #NFL

Quote:
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Steve Slaton not the only RB heading to Detroit for a workout ... Ex-Packer Ryan Grant is as well

Could Slaton and/or Grant be heading to Detroit as well? We didn't see Keiland Williams at all in SF.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Steve Slaton not the only RB heading to Detroit for a workout ... Ex-Packer Ryan Grant is as well

Could Slaton and/or Grant be heading to Detroit as well? We didn't see Keiland Williams at all in SF.

Who would you cut? Bell, Smith?

LeShoure is activated this week, I assume he'll replace K Williams on the roster.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

LeShoure is activated this week, I assume he'll replace K Williams on the roster.

Most likely Bell. He's okay, but nothing special. And with injuries always a concern, having a solid vet or two would not hurt matters any. Just because the Lions add a RB, doesn't nessecarily mean they'll cut a RB. They could cut an extra OL or even LB if they think depth is an issue.

Which would you rather have?

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Steve Slaton

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Joique Bell
Keiland Williams

Sig by Smack

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Most likely Bell. He's okay, but nothing special. And with injuries always a concern, having a solid vet or two would not hurt matters any. Just because the Lions add a RB, doesn't nessecarily mean they'll cut a RB. They could cut an extra OL or even LB if they think depth is an issue.

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Steve Slaton

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Joique Bell
Keiland Williams

At this point I think I'd rather have Granny Clampet running the ball. She was wirey and had heart.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Steve Slaton

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Joique Bell
Keiland Williams

At this point I think I'd rather have Granny Clampet running the ball. She was wirey and had heart.

So...

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Granny Clampet

1. 0 votes
2. 0 votes
3. 1 vote

Sig by Smack

YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Steve Slaton

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Joique Bell
Keiland Williams

So...

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Granny Clampet

1. 0 votes
2. 0 votes
3. 1 vote

I'll take Granny Clampet as well.

Grant/Slaton won't provide much if anything. At best equal to bell and Williams.

Leshoure is coming back next week right?
Big Cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spurlock84 wrote:
When you take a guy in the Second Round and hes active in the game which means hes healthy or he wouldnt be out there!!!!!!! If he wasnt ready to go the Lions would have used somebody else on there active 46. He isnt even getting any reps let alone catches. Titus idk man he had a good rookie year but i hope he steps it up im starting to get worried with him just bc of his attitude.

Stafford does need to play better but it was a great team they were playing and your right we only lost by one score and a 2 point....THATS WHAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST.. if we play to our potential we win that game handedly no joke. We kicked alot of field goals if we play our game to the fullest we without a doubt get 6 instead of 3 most of the time. but i felt like the only time we moved the chainz is when we threw to calvin that is why im like dude titus, nate, pettigrew, broyles where are you? When you spend alot of draft picks to have the explosive offense you expect every time out and 2 weeks now i havent seen it to open up 2012 im not happy at all!

I can't criticize the receivers because I don't know if they were open and not thrown to, or simply not open. They can't throw to themselves.
WillieYoungSon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
This team is young. Young is Young. Broyles isn't ready. Heck, Stafford is young. This team has a lot of room to grow.

I just read an article on PFT about how great the 49ers are, and how bad the Lions are. We were missing three starters in the secondary and still almost pulled it out in the end. Come on. We didn't get dominated. It was a close game. Things didn't go our way.

Ridiculous.

Agreed. If you look on the injury report we had waaaay more guys hurt than SF. Also the game was very close to being a Lions win. We missed a 40 yard field goal, got a roughing the kicker, and got a real stupid facemask on Alex Smith as he was backpedaling with two hands on the ball - he obviously was going nowhere. That's 10 points right there. Not that it would happen, but that just shows how close we were.

Here's what I take away from this game.

THE BAD

Stafford played terrible. He is a great quarterback, he just had a crappy game. He did the same thing he did for a stretch last year - he stared down Calvin alllllll day. When Stafford quickly goes through his progressions, he is awesome. That was not the case Sunday night.

Our back up secondary is trash. I love Wendling, but he is simply not a starting safety in this league unless he has someone great next to him. Florence in Lacey just plain suck.

Ol red eye Kyle should see less playing time. I know he got a sack, but otherwise he was physically dominated.

THE GOOD

The special teams units, especially the coverage units, really played well. Very nice to see for once.

Levy actually had a good game with limited mistakes. He looked like a real starting linebacker out there.

Suh looks to be in rare form. He is strong, nasty, and ridiculously quick and light-footed for a big man. The play when he explodes past his man in one move and doesn't let Alex Smith juke him is an amazing play.

All in all, I don't think we have much to worry about. We get Leshoure back next week, Houston, Delmas, and Bentely should be getting healthy soon, and Stafford should pull his head out of his [inappropriate/removed] in the next game or so. We lost to a team that is in the argument for the best team in the NFL. Keep your heads up gentlemen.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Steve Slaton

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Joique Bell
Keiland Williams

So...

Mikel LeShoure
Kevin Smith
Granny Clampet

1. 0 votes
2. 0 votes
3. 1 vote

I'll take Granny Clampet as well.

Grant/Slaton won't provide much if anything. At best equal to bell and Williams.

Leshoure is coming back next week right?

1. 0 votes
2. 0 votes
3. 2 votes

Sig by Smack

flyguy1609

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions CB Drayton Florence sustained a broken right forearm in the Week 2 loss to the 49ers.
Florence is out indefinitely. The good news for the Lions is that top corner Chris Houston (ankle) and safety Louis Delmas (knee) both appear close. Coach Jim Schwartz called both "day to day."

http://www.freep.com/article/20120918/SPORTS01/309180140/detroit-lions-ryan-broyles-jim-schwartz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: