Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: VIKINGS (1-1) vs. 49ers (2-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
I just want to point out how well the OL played against the best front-7 in the league.

Is anyone doubting the Kalil pick now?

I'm sure that there are still people who think they should have took Claiborne...as well as people who think they should still take Barkley next year.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
[UMN] wrote:
I just want to point out how well the OL played against the best front-7 in the league.

Is anyone doubting the Kalil pick now?

I'm sure that there are still people who think they should have took Claiborne...as well as people who think they should still take Barkley next year.

Can't say I'm definitively one of those people anymore, but is there anything wrong with that anyway? Every time someone says something negative about Kalil/Ponder, the defense is "it's only been three weeks." So the reverse should apply then, as well, no? Should we be completely sold on Ponder and Kalil? No, it's only been three weeks.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network was talking about how outstanding Ponder has been the first 3 weeks. I'll find the link.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Can't say I'm definitively one of those people anymore, but is there anything wrong with that anyway? Every time someone says something negative about Kalil/Ponder, the defense is "it's only been three weeks." So the reverse should apply then, as well, no? Should we be completely sold on Ponder and Kalil? No, it's only been three weeks.

Absolutely not. People shouldn't be "sold" on them, and I don't expect them to be. However, I'd like to think people can give someone more than 3 weeks to come to any conclusion one way or the other.

I'm certainly more sold on Kalil than Ponder, because I think he was more of a known quantity prior to this draft than Ponder was prior to the last. In fact, Kalil has done even far better than I expected. As far as Ponder, I'm not "sold" per se, but I do think he's done enough to warrant not really considering Barkley next year. In other words, I think he'd have to completely flame out or suffer a career-ending injury for the Vikings to consider Barkley.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Absolutely not. People shouldn't be "sold" on them, and I don't expect them to be. However, I'd like to think people can give someone more than 3 weeks to come to any conclusion one way or the other.

I'm certainly more sold on Kalil than Ponder, because I think he was more of a known quantity prior to this draft than Ponder was prior to the last. In fact, Kalil has done even far better than I expected. As far as Ponder, I'm not "sold" per se, but I do think he's done enough to warrant not really considering Barkley next year. In other words, I think he'd have to completely flame out or suffer a career-ending injury for the Vikings to consider Barkley.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty amazed by Ponder's play. I thought he'd be far better than last year, but I didn't think he'd be as solid as he's been. Even if he takes a few steps back (I'm not expecting him to finish with a 100+ QB rating), a new QB is not on my mind right. We're seeing the kind of improvement we hoped for going into his second season, if he keeps this going, we might have something.

Besides, it's not like we'll be picking high enough for that USC QB, we already have 2 wins.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Yea, like many I was thinking let Ponder play for his job. While wins arent all on him, if he can play himself to the point where we arent in the spot for a highly rated QB, no reason to reach for one again. Im all on the WR train personally. Theres a reason Harvin is probably hte most targeted on this team.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Freakout wrote:
hypno toad wrote:

HUGE block by Peterson.

Ponder actually looked fast there as well O.O

Only starting QB in the NFC North that could have scored that TD.

I don't know, according to Fired UP and PACKMAN, Aaron Rodgers is a better runner than most RBs in the league.

He's also the greatest human on Earth. LOL NOOOO!

Rodgers could not make that run. That was some awesome running around by Ponder, led by a huge block from Peterson.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum needs more homerism. We beat one of the best teams in the NFL. A team that beat 2 of our division rivals already and the best we can do is complain about Ponder and Gerhart?

Purple blood is running a little thin!!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Kellerman wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Freakout wrote:
hypno toad wrote:

HUGE block by Peterson.

Ponder actually looked fast there as well O.O

Only starting QB in the NFC North that could have scored that TD.

I don't know, according to Fired UP and PACKMAN, Aaron Rodgers is a better runner than most RBs in the league.

Ponder is faster. I believe his combine times were better than Rodgers too.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Nice post. I agree with it pretty much entirely.

Peppers90 on the sig.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
This forum needs more homerism. We beat one of the best teams in the NFL. A team that beat 2 of our division rivals already and the best we can do is complain about Ponder and Gerhart?

Ill be more of a homer once we know we have a top 10 or so QB lol

I dont care if we are an average team, atleast it will be a different problem for once lol
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

I dont care if we are an average team, atleast it will be a different problem for once lol

Statistically Ponder is top 10 in some passing categories. Wink
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder's total QBR was 89.9, good for fifth this week.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

Second with a 70.1 completion percentage and second with a 44.3 1st down percentage, trailing Matt Ryan in both.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Im in the phase of starting to believe, not quite there, but its getting there lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59

Jump to: