Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Vs Steelers- GAMEDAY TODAY LETS WIN THIS ISH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Much We Win By?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Who Cares, JUST WIN
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

silver_surfer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to buy tickets and go....

I'll skip this one
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Good to thank positive, but "I just can't baby" how can I when the Raiders might be the Dolphins only win this year don't you realize how bad the Raiders might be this year.

Getting rid of Michael Bush so far looks like a very bad idea.

how is that?

This is McFadden's first time without being a 1-2 punch he had Felix Jones in Arkansas and Bush in Oakland, at the same time the O-Line looks like trash.

The Raiders need to get a LG, RG and RT

Cooper Carlisle washed up needs to go
Khalif Barnes washed up needs to go
Is Mike Brisiel any better ? Not sure if he is.

Are the back-ups any better don't look like it.

They are what they are a patch work team that was way over the cap and had no money to get top free agents.

Dude, lacking a complimentary back is not the problem, if you really think so, you are totally blind and probably just looking at box scores rather than watching the games. Yes, typically having another effective RB helps by wearing the defense out while allowing your starter to rest, but thats not the problem here. Its not like McFadden is starting out well and fading in the game from being overworked, the offensive line isn't opening any holes for him! I repeat: the offensive line isn't opening any holes for him! You know what would happen if we had Bush, or any other good RB right now? He would be rushing for 2 yards per carry as well.

Anyway, the only things we have going for us in this game is the fact that Pitt's offensive line is abysmal and if our defensive linemen and blitzing LBs play up to their potential, we could have a field day getting after Roethlisberger, and that Redman sucks.

You must be watching box scores Razz

There is a reason teams like the Eagles and Cowboys as an example load up on CB's because there isn't many good ones and there is a reason teams like the 49ers load up on RB's because you need allot of them if your a running team.

Please B. Hartline 9 catches for 111 yards but yet you don't think the Raiders won't get torched by A. Brown and Mike Wallace ?

B. Hartline has been around how many years (8 maybe) and never in his life had 100 yards receiving or 9 catches and may never have a game like that again and Reggie Bush didn't even get touched most of the time till he was 7 yards down the field so to say J. Dwyer or I. Redman won't do anything sounds a little crazy to me.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
There is a reason teams like the Eagles and Cowboys as an example load up on CB's because there isn't many good ones
What about GB? They loaded up and still had trash pass defense last season.

Quote:
there is a reason teams like the 49ers load up on RB's because you need allot of them if your a running team.
Or because Frank Gore is injury prone and LaMichael James is a change of pace back and good option for an offense in the future that Kaep could run.

Quote:
Please B. Hartline 9 catches for 111 yards but yet you don't think the Raiders won't get torched by A. Brown and Mike Wallace ?

B. Hartline has been around how many years (8 maybe) and never in his life had 100 yards receiving or 9 catches and may never have a game like that again and Reggie Bush didn't even get touched most of the time till he was 7 yards down the field so to say J. Dwyer or I. Redman won't do anything sounds a little crazy to me.

Hartline is a 4th year player. He ran button hooks predominately while our CBs were lined up 10 yards off the ball. Of course he's gonna get a lot of easy catches and yards.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
It's simple, McFadden doesn't have the patience or vision for the zone blocking scheme.

Don't put all the blame on the line....there are holes and the holes move McFadden just has trouble finding them.

Bush had patience and vision, but he lacks elite speed for the zone blocking scheme. The scheme needs to be scrapped. We have the line man for power blocking scheme...McFadden needs a nice hole that he could hit with authority and momentum. Knapp and this scheme is hampering him.

We're going to get stomped by the Steelers and I live in PA and hate the Steelers and their fans that I'm surrounded by...I hate losing to them.

Sorry but you can't just implement another scheme now after it took all of the off-season to implement.

Why the coaches haven't seen that this scheme isn't going to work earlier is beyond me.

But the defense of scheme doesn't look like its going to work either RB's 7 yards down the field before they even get touched isn't working.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

One exception and they also went 15-1 last year.

Quote:
there is a reason teams like the 49ers load up on RB's because you need allot of them if your a running team.
Or because Frank Gore is injury prone and LaMichael James is a change of pace back and good option for an offense in the future that Kaep could run.

LaMichael James is number 4 on the depth chart.

Quote:

Hartline is a 4th year player. He ran button hooks predominately while our CBs were lined up 10 yards off the ball. Of course he's gonna get a lot of easy catches and yards.

Damn didn't know he has only been around 4 years hes bald.

Still if that guy has a game like that Mike Wallace is going to torch them.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
There is a reason teams like the Eagles and Cowboys as an example load up on CB's because there isn't many good ones

One exception and they also went 15-1 last year.

Does it matter? The Eagles and Cowboys both missed the playoffs last year and don't have really good defenses despite the CBs.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LaMichael James is number 4 on the depth chart.

So he must be making a real difference right? I mean, loading up on RBs is key to succeeding according to you so all the backs should have a positive effect then, no?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damn didn't know he has only been around 4 years hes bald and isn't he 30 ?

Still if that guy has a game like that Mike Wallace is going to torch them.

Hartline is 25. Google it. And yes, a good WR corps is going to do well against a subpar CB unit depleted by injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Good to thank positive, but "I just can't baby" how can I when the Raiders might be the Dolphins only win this year don't you realize how bad the Raiders might be this year.

Getting rid of Michael Bush so far looks like a very bad idea.

how is that?

This is McFadden's first time without being a 1-2 punch he had Felix Jones in Arkansas and Bush in Oakland, at the same time the O-Line looks like trash.

The Raiders need to get a LG, RG and RT

Cooper Carlisle washed up needs to go
Khalif Barnes washed up needs to go
Is Mike Brisiel any better ? Not sure if he is.

Are the back-ups any better don't look like it.

They are what they are a patch work team that was way over the cap and had no money to get top free agents.

Dude, lacking a complimentary back is not the problem, if you really think so, you are totally blind and probably just looking at box scores rather than watching the games. Yes, typically having another effective RB helps by wearing the defense out while allowing your starter to rest, but thats not the problem here. Its not like McFadden is starting out well and fading in the game from being overworked, the offensive line isn't opening any holes for him! I repeat: the offensive line isn't opening any holes for him! You know what would happen if we had Bush, or any other good RB right now? He would be rushing for 2 yards per carry as well.

Anyway, the only things we have going for us in this game is the fact that Pitt's offensive line is abysmal and if our defensive linemen and blitzing LBs play up to their potential, we could have a field day getting after Roethlisberger, and that Redman sucks.

You must be watching box scores Razz

There is a reason teams like the Eagles and Cowboys as an example load up on CB's because there isn't many good ones and there is a reason teams like the 49ers load up on RB's because you need allot of them if your a running team.

Uh... what does Brian Hartline have to do with anything I said? I said the only advantage we have over the Steelers is that their o-line sucks and our defensive front (when playing up to their potential) is very good. I didn't say anything about our CBs or their WRs.

As for the 49ers, their lead back is one of the most injury prone players in the NFL and he is getting old for a RB. So yea, of course they're gonna sign Jacobs and drafting LaMichael James I see as more of a move for the future than anything else. Once Gore is gone James should make a very good 3rd down back to pair with someone else. Regardless, it doesn't matter if you have 1, 2, 3, or 15 running backs if your offensive line can't run block. With the way our line is playing, you could replace McFadden with Arian Foster or with Knowshon Moreno and they will all look equally as bad.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Silver&Black88

So you just want to keep all the players and then cut them next year and get nothing from them and have to still pay them ?

The older players that have big salaries should be on the trading block right now.

Last edited by ch8878 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
@Silver&Black88

So you just want to keep all the players and then cut them next year and get nothing from them and have to still pay them ?

The older players that have big salaries should be on the trading block right now.

The D-Line doesn't look like one of the best D-Lines this year they have got pushed around like the aging players they are (Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly).

The D-Line below can't be that much worse then they have already have been :

RDE Matt Shaughnessy - David Tollefson
DT Lamarr Houston - Brandon Bair
NT Desmond Bryant - Christo Bilukidi
LDE Jack Crawford - ???

When did I say anything of the sort or even mention anything resembling what you're talking about?!?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Uh... what does Brian Hartline have to do with anything I said? I said the only advantage we have over the Steelers is that their o-line sucks and our defensive front (when playing up to their potential) is very good. I didn't say anything about our CBs or their WRs.

As for the 49ers, their lead back is one of the most injury prone players in the NFL and he is getting old for a RB. So yea, of course they're gonna sign Jacobs and drafting LaMichael James I see as more of a move for the future than anything else. Once Gore is gone James should make a very good 3rd down back to pair with someone else. Regardless, it doesn't matter if you have 1, 2, 3, or 15 running backs if your offensive line can't run block. With the way our line is playing, you could replace McFadden with Arian Foster or with Knowshon Moreno and they will all look equally as bad.

Ya but you talked about how bad Pit's O-Line is but Miami's O-Line isn't any better maybe worse and they had no problems pushing the Raiders D-Line up and down the field today and Miami's D-Line pushed the Raiders O-Line up and down the field today don't see the Steelers having any problems either.

How to answer what to do for the Raiders problems looks like a loaded question seeing they are loaded with problems.

Rolando McClain still is getting lost at were to attack the offence at times, Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly look like age is having a factor on there play, the CB's are all just horrible, LB's Miles Burris has promise, Safety's look lost and none can tackle Tyvon Branch included, Cooper Carlisle and Khalif Barnes looks like there age has caught up with them as well.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Gradkowski to win this game.....

Sigged by Jamison
Alzado77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we win. The Steelers will dominate this game. Disappointing to say the least. The ZBS is terrible. The d-line and o-line are below average. Secondary is terrible. WR's suck. Our best player is Dmac and we're not even using him correctly. Our coaching seems like we've taken a step back. The players don't seem to play very physical. I am definitely questioning Dennis Allen as a coach and for his decision to bring in Knapp as the OC. I'm not sure about Reggie either. This team may be the worst team in the league. Maybe 4 wins if we're lucky. Its not going to get better this year. We're going to incurr more injuries as the season goes on. It's gonna get really ugly. Probably like when Art Shell came back. Embarrassing.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now Brandon Blair and crawford are the answer at DE? This just keeps getting better.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-3 start unless something crazy happens.

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Ya but you talked about how bad Pit's O-Line is but Miami's O-Line isn't any better maybe worse and they had no problems pushing the Raiders D-Line up and down the field today and Miami's D-Line pushed the Raiders O-Line up and down the field today don't see the Steelers having any problems either.

SMH... I never said we are going to dominate their offensive line, dude. I said the only thing we have in our favor for this game is that their offensive line is bad and so is Redman. Did I say we would dominate their line? No. Did I say we would sack Ben a ton? No. I just said thats about the only thing we have going for us. In other words, I don't think we stand a chance since they can easily beat us in every other area. And for the record, I also said "if our defensive line plays up to their potential", then we have a chance to attack Ben a lot... so obviously that means I have doubts about them playing to the best of their ability.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 2 of 63

Jump to: