Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do the Rams scare anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this game. Won't say much because the bears
have a great defense..

But I cannot wait. Anyone know the weather for this game?

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
Pool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trap game. Praying for a Bears victory but I really have my doubts.
Timothy67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say they scared Detroit pretty well. Remember this is the team that beat the Saints last year when they were good in what was a huge shocker.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I don't think we can consider ourselves Super Bowl contenders or even a strong playoff team if 2-3 times a year we melt down.

Can we consider Cutler an elite QB when he meltsdown and throws a ton of picks a couple times a year?

Steve Young said that elite QBs have terrible games, but when they do they stop the bleeding and adapt, they don't keep throwing picks and losing their mind.

Because I expect another 4-5 pick game against the 49ers on MNF.

We will get an answer for this on Sunday...if Jay continues to mop around and make bad decisions and throws we will know where we stand...if he gets his head back together and has a good game we will know he can be a leader and get us to the playoffs.

My problem was that we saw this last season and everyone thought this was going to be Jays year and it took 2 weeks for us to realize he is still the same.

Can this team with Jay Cutler and his flaws?

I wouldn’t go as far as saying this isn’t his year…it’s one terrible game where everything went wrong…the Oline couldn’t get it done the WRs couldn’t get open…Forte got injured…it was the perfect storm that hit our offence…if the offence can bounce back as a whole over the next 2 or 3 weeks we will be back on track…it’s just a question of if we can start that against the Rams.

It wasn't the list and how bad we played.

It was how Jay reacted and how he tanked when things went poorly, I didn't see the maturity of an elite QB. I just thought that Cutler had grown past these meltdowns of 2010.
This year is critical for Cutler. If he rights himself we will resign him. If not, I don't see any big contract coming from Emery.

But the coaching staff must put him in a position to win by keeping the pass rush off him with the rushing attack.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
The Rams are a solid team but I wouldn’t say I’m really worried…I reckon Bradford can be rattled by pressure and we will get far more pressure on him with our front 4…I think with a RB like Jackson he is a good match up for our LBs at this point…extremely quick guys will give us problems if they get outside against our 2nd level but Jackson coming straight up the middle plays into the strength of Urlacher & Briggs at this point…D.J Moore will do a much better job on Amendola than Washington did and none of their other receivers really scare me…in terms of their pass rush I’m not scared by Quinn & Long…not guys are decent match ups for our OTs…Quinn is athletic but not extremely powerful and doesn’t have an elite motor which will help Webb…Long is extremely power and has a great motor but Carimi can deal with that…what does scare me is Brockers on Spencer…his power could be overwhelming and collapse the pocket which will make Jay nerves and we all know what happens then…the interior guys need to step up…especially Spencer & Garza…I also like the match up of our WRs against their CBs…altho I liked the match up of our WRs against GB and look what happened there…

Like any game in the NFL it will be tough but I think we have more on the line and will have a greater desire to win this game.
Did Cutler do any audibling during the Packer game? We were all delighted to see him doing that during the Colts game and believed it portended great things. I don't recall seeing him doing that during the last one. It could have made a difference in controlled that rush it seems to me.

Very little from what I saw...I didn't see Garza doing much adjustment to the protection calls either.
That is my impression as well.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
have a great defense..

Supposed to be beautiful around 70.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:
I have been going to these games for 40+ yrs. And the last 3 yrs I have rarely been confident going into games.
raq11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
El ramster wrote:
have a great defense..

Supposed to be beautiful around 70.

60, which for me is perfect for a football game. Too hot week 1
raq11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:

Not sure if you can even have a trap game after a huge loss like we just had.

Actually, you can't. No way shape or form can this be classified as a trap game. If we beat GB, then I'd agree with you though
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:

How is it a trap game?

We are coming off getting our asses kicked.
Brodie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt think I would ever see a thread with this title lol. I think it will be a close game, nothing to fear about us except our pass rush at this time. Oh and ofc Finnegan, cuz man him and marshall now that I would pay to see

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Didnt think I would ever see a thread with this title lol. I think it will be a close game, nothing to fear about us except our pass rush at this time. Oh and ofc Finnegan, cuz man him and marshall now that I would pay to see
Now you have one of the best coaches around so that is a great advantage that will get wins against lesser ones. If Bradford can pick apart a zone he will give the Bears fits.

It is impossible to say what you will see from our offense. It could blow you away quickly or look like no one on the team ever played together before.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Brodie wrote:
Now you have one of the best coaches around so that is a great advantage that will get wins against lesser ones. If Bradford can pick apart a zone he will give the Bears fits.

It is impossible to say what you will see from our offense. It could blow you away quickly or look like no one on the team ever played together before.

It all comes down to what offense shows up. If the trend holds and the offense fixes itself after an embarrassing game then the Bears are back to being a scary team.

The defense allowed 16 points, forced 2 turnovers and sacked Rodgers 5 times in Lambeau field. I think concerns of their demise are over blown.
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the Rams a scary team?
At one and one are they a dream?
Or are they a huge nightmare?
Sam Iam will give the Bears a scare.

But the line is Bears by 9,
And Sam Iam is feeling fine.
Bears special teams use up space,
But the Bears defense send Sam an Ace. Cool
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Are the Rams a scary team?
At one and one are they a dream?
Or are they a huge nightmare?
Sam Iam will give the Bears a scare.

But the line is Bears by 9,
And Sam Iam is feeling fine.
Bears special teams use up space,
But the Bears defense send Sam an Ace. Cool
What do you think Badg should all future posts be poetic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: