Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Factual opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Munch, but I am old school and I like to see some emotion from the leader of the team on the sideline. Honestly his demeanor on the sideline is like: this football game is getting in the way of something I have planned later this afternoon.

I know one thing he has to make some hard personnel decisions this off season in his staff and the roster. He is going to have to shake up this coaching staff, because some position coaches and coordinators are not carrying their water. When your team just let someone bully them like the Titans got bullied in the 1st 2 games of this season, I am seriously scratching my head. It made me sick to see Arizona go into Foxborough on Sunday and do what I thought the Titans were going to do here last Sunday to the Pats.

I cannot stand the chargers or Rivers, but that Phillip Rivers is a leader. I have said it before that guy will not back down and he will fight you tooth and nail. No way he should have beat the titans with his 3rd TE(rosario), 3rd & 4th RB & Malcolm Floyd. He got hit in the mouth by the Titans and came back fighting. What did the titans do? They melted away in the southern california heat. By the way so d@#n what it was over a 100 out there last week. It was hot here in middle Tennessee all summer. That's what training camp and OTAs in the heat of the summer is for, it is supposed to get you ready for the heat in the season. Uggh.... Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if he takes a nap during the game. To me, the firey thing can only work for so long and on certain players.

No coach was more firey than Singletary and that didn't work out. Sure there are some good examples like Tomlin, Harbarugh but then there are examples like Dungy and Bellicheck.

What it boils down to is being a good coach and ultimately having a good QB. Coaches that win have QBs.
Tomlin- Big Ben
Dungy- Manning
Bellichek-Brady
Sean Payton- Brees
Coughlin- Manning

Rex Ryan is animated but he doesn't have QB and we see how he is doing.
Andy Reid is laid back and had good QBs but has won consistently.

So to me, this whole argument about wanting someone who is all over the sideline isn't valid. It doesn't matter. I think little more time Locker will be that voice. He is growing into. 1st game Locker was pumped, especially after that 4 and short conversion.
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
When it comes to pro football, I've not usually been the kind of guy to be like "The sky is falling." I like to be realistic about what I see.

What I see right now is a team that doesn't look like it has any business being in the NFL. These guys just don't look prepared to even compete at this level. That's what's most concerning to me at this point.

This team does not do the two fundamental things you need to do to win: 1. Run the football effectively, 2. Play great defense.

Look at the remaining schedule.

Detroit. Loss.
Houston. Loss.
Minnesota. Maybe.
Pittsburgh. Loss.
Buffalo. Loss.
Indianapolis. Loss.
Chicago. Loss.
Miami. Maybe.
Jacksonville. Maybe.
Houston. Loss.
Miami. Maybe.
Jacksonville. Maybe.
Houston. Loss.
Indianapolis. Maybe.
Green Bay. Loss.
Jacksonville. Maybe.

So that's five teams the Titans can maybe beat. 5-11 is what I see happening, but honestly I think they'll lose most of the games they'll maybe win and maybe beat a team they're not supposed to. So, 3-13 is really the most likely scenario.

I think you pasted one too many times.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.freep.com/article/20120918/SPORTS01/120917084/detroit-lions-tennessee-titans?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

If the best players are already on the field... we need to trade for some linemen Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not just a fiery coach we need. But a coach who is not complacent with the asskickings he is getting. Wheres the urgency, the excitement, the confidence, the freaking pride?

Attitude reflects leadership. We have a complacent leader whose followers are also being complacent.

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: