Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Factual opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
coleman51 wrote:
Chris Johnson is not the blame. Although everyone finds it easy to blame him, because he held out and recieved a contract offer. Keep in mind, we win nothing by having 30 million dollars in salary cap room. We have to use a certain percentage of the cap (last year 90%). People tend to forget that. It's not like we use the money on anything else. That's why we're paying guys like Jason McCourty big contracts, what has he done for our defense? He's OK. Honestly in our defensive scheme though, I could go out there and play zone, let a guy make a catch for a first down and gang tackle him.

I disagree on letting CJ out without any blame. He isn't the same runner. Even if it's mental, he isn't the same. Hey, David Carr could have been a decent QB until he got shell shocked with sacks. But he was too weak mentally, if you wanna call that weak.
So if CJ is so rattled by our line then he is going to be useless going forward cause he won't ever be able to shake the mental brick wall he has going on.... Call it lost trust or whatever, when there is room to run, no matter how few times, he doesn't hit it consistently.

I think he deserves blame. Nobody on this team is without blame.

I agree with you KT.

I think he's lost quickness and he seems lost out there.

It was a mistake to pay him. He will be lucky to hit 1000 yards this year.

At his current pace he'll be lucky to crack 300 much less 1000.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Nobody on this team is without blame.

Couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

False.

Rob Bironas is 3/3 on the year and Brett Kern leads the NFL in net avg with 47.5 per punt. Laughing
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

False.

Rob Bironas is 3/3 on the year and Brett Kern leads the NFL in net avg with 47.5 per punt. Laughing

Has Bironas hit a 70 yarder? or Kern kicked it out the stadium yet?

#FAIL

lol
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

False.

The Kerninator also took a mean roughing the kicker penalty yesterday, that wasn't called. Shocked Even charger blowhard Dan Fouts thought a penalty should have been called on that terrible play. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Obie09

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/41158/a-hard-to-fathom-chris-johnson-stat

Quote:
Chris Johnson is averaging 1.1 yards per carry this season.

And ESPN Stats & Information says heís averaging 1.2 yards after contact.

Johnson
The struggling back is running behind struggling blocking. And that struggling blocking is allowing defenders to get to Johnson so quickly that heís actually gaining a little more on average after contact that he is averaging from scrimmage.

Thatís beyond ridiculous for a team that is coached by a Hall of Fame offensive lineman, who has an offensive line coach who is a Hall of Famer, who had a left guard who may well join them as a Hall of Famer someday and who had a running back who once gained 2,006 yards in a season.

(Those are Mike Munchak, Bruce Matthews, Steve Hutchinson, and Johnson if you needed assistance.)

[/quote]
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Chris Johnson is not the blame. Although everyone finds it easy to blame him, because he held out and recieved a contract offer. Keep in mind, we win nothing by having 30 million dollars in salary cap room. We have to use a certain percentage of the cap (last year 90%). People tend to forget that. It's not like we use the money on anything else. That's why we're paying guys like Jason McCourty big contracts, what has he done for our defense? He's OK. Honestly in our defensive scheme though, I could go out there and play zone, let a guy make a catch for a first down and gang tackle him.

Nonsense. He's catching flak because he sucks, and he has sucked for over a year now. What he's doing on the field these days sucks out loud, no matter what his salary looks like.

And he certainly is to blame for the things that are under his control but still suck, like his effort level and complete lack of leadership.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/41158/a-hard-to-fathom-chris-johnson-stat

Quote:

Johnson
The struggling back is running behind struggling blocking. And that struggling blocking is allowing defenders to get to Johnson so quickly that heís actually gaining a little more on average after contact that he is averaging from scrimmage.

Thatís beyond ridiculous for a team that is coached by a Hall of Fame offensive lineman, who has an offensive line coach who is a Hall of Famer, who had a left guard who may well join them as a Hall of Famer someday and who had a running back who once gained 2,006 yards in a season.

(Those are Mike Munchak, Bruce Matthews, Steve Hutchinson, and Johnson if you needed assistance.)

Maybe he should run forward as hard as he can so contact happens at or just beyond the line instead of in the backfield so often.
Obie09

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Obie09 wrote:

Quote:

Johnson

Maybe he should run forward as hard as he can so contact happens at or just beyond the line instead of in the backfield so often.

He did precisely that yesterday and it got him a whole 2YPC instead of .4. Still an improvement though, but still worse blocking than a bunch of high schoolers.
Obie09

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

Nonsense. He's catching flak because he sucks, and he has sucked for over a year now. What he's doing on the field these days sucks out loud, no matter what his salary looks like.

And he certainly is to blame for the things that are under his control but still suck, like his effort level and complete lack of leadership.

But do you disagree that if he was on the Texans he would probably get 1200-1500 yards? If you think that's true which I do, then it's obviously scheme and not putting the right players in the right positions.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at i got out of this is we need to fire everybody but are linebackers corners and recivers exept nate Washington hes fired to Laughing were 0-2 guys its not the end of the season after the first 5 weeks we will be fine. Im guessing were going to start out the year 1-4 and then the wins will come on. Were not a playoff team like some of you think. The o-line and young quarterback combination is not something you want. I think the defense would be much better if the offense could stay on the field for more than 3-6 plays at a time. Also the run defense still sucks and i dont understand why. We got bigger and stronger but there still just as bad as last season
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

But do you disagree that if he was on the Texans he would probably get 1200-1500 yards? If you think that's true which I do, then it's obviously scheme and not putting the right players in the right positions.

Dear God yes I disagree with that. The Texans wouldn't be stupid/stubborn enough to put him on the field with the level of effort he's put forth lately. Arian Foster puts more effort into his pre-game warm up than CJ has put into a game in a long time.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can people not put aside their pride or favortism for a second and admit CJ isn't the same back he was?
Even during his 2,000 yard season he lead the league in negative yard carries. What happened between then and now?

We didn't have the HOGs blocking for him then.....

CJ is a different RB for the worst now.

The line isn't helping but CJ is helping even less with his effort.

YES THE LINE SUCKS....but come on...CJ isn't the same.
Double Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

False.

So at least I know how to adopt the right guys. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Can people not put aside their pride or favortism for a second and admit CJ isn't the same back he was?
Even during his 2,000 yard season he lead the league in negative yard carries. What happened between then and now?

We didn't have the HOGs blocking for him then.....

CJ is a different RB for the worst now.

The line isn't helping but CJ is helping even less with his effort.

YES THE LINE SUCKS....but come on...CJ isn't the same.

Folks, let's face it: even KT, the most obnoxiously optimistic poster on this site (much love KT, I said it as a joke not an insult), has come around on this topic. No way is CJ running like an NFL caliber back at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: