Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Factual opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Can we just trade teams and get the Niners? They play like the Titans used too..

Their team reminds me so much of the 08 Titans. That defense was something special and what drove that defense? A motivated Albert Haynesworth. I don't think we have an impact player like that. McCarthy is probably our best defender but we still need a beast on the D-Line. I like Casey, Klug, and Martin, but we need a star and I don't think either of them are. If we do end up drafting top 5 this year, I'm all for drafting Star Lotulelei. Casey seems like a Tony Brown type player. He's not that star but he's still solid and makes plays. Star and Casey up front with Klug and Martin rotating in = me crying tears of joy.
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
We need a bigger back that CJ can spell. CJ needs to be the change of pace back instead of an everydown back.

CJ's paycheck has too many 0s in it for him to be a change of pace player. I think the running game would still suck even with a guy like Jackie Battle in there. He'd do better than CJ obviously, but the play calling sucks and the blocking is not conducive to great runs. They'd still be looking at less than 4.0 YPC, IMO.

I don't doubt that the run game would still be bad, however, I think even if we fix the line, that CJ just isn't what he used to be. I'd like a Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis type of back and have CJ be a change of pace to him. But, aside from all that, I agree, he's being paid too much.

I agree with you and think this point is glaringly obvious. The way he's running now, which has lasted over a year, is just pathetic and no amount of great blocking could make him look good when he runs like this.

I don't care too much for BJGE specifically but I agree that a RB of that type would be wonderful.

I seriously want to put another tailback in there and stick with him all game, just once, to see if it improves...at all. I mean what in the world do we have to lose at this point?

Insanity- Doing the same thing continuously and expecting a different result.

Sincerely,
A heinously overused, but very fitting comment.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
We need a bigger back that CJ can spell. CJ needs to be the change of pace back instead of an everydown back.

CJ's paycheck has too many 0s in it for him to be a change of pace player. I think the running game would still suck even with a guy like Jackie Battle in there. He'd do better than CJ obviously, but the play calling sucks and the blocking is not conducive to great runs. They'd still be looking at less than 4.0 YPC, IMO.

I don't doubt that the run game would still be bad, however, I think even if we fix the line, that CJ just isn't what he used to be. I'd like a Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis type of back and have CJ be a change of pace to him. But, aside from all that, I agree, he's being paid too much.

I agree with you and think this point is glaringly obvious. The way he's running now, which has lasted over a year, is just pathetic and no amount of great blocking could make him look good when he runs like this.

I don't care too much for BJGE specifically but I agree that a RB of that type would be wonderful.

I seriously want to put another tailback in there and stick with him all game, just once, to see if it improves...at all. I mean what in the world do we have to lose at this point?

Sincerely,

You and I, as fans, have nothing to lose at all. But Munchak & Co. could lose face very easily if they put, for example, Harper in for a start and he gets 20 or 30 carries in the 3.5 - 4.0 YPC range.
MrOneWayRoad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
MrOneWayRoad wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:

Sincerely,

You and I, as fans, have nothing to lose at all. But Munchak & Co. could lose face very easily if they put, for example, Harper in for a start and he gets 20 or 30 carries in the 3.5 - 4.0 YPC range.

Well at some point, they're going to have to do something. They can't worry about saving face when their jobs are on the line, and believe me, they will be on the line if things continue at this pace.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:

I'm not specifically saying BJGE, but a back that is of the 'get the ball and get what you can' variety would be a huge upgrade. Then have CJ come in and dance around or whatever he does for a play or two. We're just throwing money away having CJ on the team. He could just sit on the bench and essentially do the exact same thing he's doing now. The run game is on everybody, the oline is getting no push, CJ isn't doing anything except trying to cutback and make everyone miss without ever actually moving forward, and for some reason, we never run CJ in any direction but right up the middle.

... strange.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:

I'm not specifically saying BJGE, but a back that is of the 'get the ball and get what you can' variety would be a huge upgrade. Then have CJ come in and dance around or whatever he does for a play or two. We're just throwing money away having CJ on the team. He could just sit on the bench and essentially do the exact same thing he's doing now. The run game is on everybody, the oline is getting no push, CJ isn't doing anything except trying to cutback and make everyone miss without ever actually moving forward, and for some reason, we never run CJ in any direction but right up the middle.

... strange.

You and me... we are in agreement.
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm definitely agreeing that you can't just hand off the ball and expect a 2nd and 9 every single series. Nothing can come of that with a young QB. We are essentially putting the entire team on his shoulders. Which he is just not good enough to do right now.

Also on the the 3-4 idea, I agree. I just don't think with the way the league works right now, where there is not as much running, that the 4-3 can possibly be as effective with how vanilla it can be.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think CJ also just has Vince Young syndrome where he has all the talent in the world but he has just been found out and doesn't have what it takes mentally to readjust the way his game works to fit the system and make himself better. ALSO, when do we blame Munchak for this? to allow this to happen under his watch, the complete inability to progress AT ALL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradford is playing lights out in StL... and a vet, the face of the franchise for the better part of the last decade gets benched...

... reinforces my belief that the issues with the Titans always ran much deeper than the HC... my disdain for the man they call bud has also never been much of a secret...

FTP!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the tape of Locker's interception:

1) Velasquez got pushed straight back into Locker
2) Hutcheson whiffed completely on blocking his man
3) Stewart initially blocked his guy, but then the guy ran right around him.

The whole line sucks. Would not be surprised if Bruce Mathews is gone next year.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker is not the problem. He is learning and growing with Wright.

Micheal Griffin & CJ need to be the highest paid backups in the NFL at their respective position for a few weeks.

Start Duece Lutui & Jason Matthews on the interior of the line. Take out Velasco & Harris.

Munch should be on the hot seat after the season if this team continues to play like they did yesterday. To see the lack of effort yesterday from coaching staff & some players. The buck stops at his office.

I don't get Palmer's offense anymore. How can you have a open set and you run draws to CJ inside? It is Britt's first game back and he is inside in the slot? If Palmer is let go, then the replacement has to be Loggains if they still see Locker as the future.

I like the "personality" and the way Jerry Gray "talks" a good game, but when the rubber hits the road Gray backs away from agressive playcalling like Griff shrinks in the spotlight of being one of the top paid FS in the NFL and plays like he is a FS in middle school. Gray talked tough about Griff improving his play in the offseason, but signed off on him getting an extention and look at the results now on both their parts.

CJ needs to be cut this year if there is a out in his contract. I think he has checked out on Palmer.

Looking at the 49ers last night gave me hope. They were in the wilderness for a long time but with some great drafts and a great coach they are now on the cusp of greatness again. The way the Titans have played the first 2 weeks, they will have a great draft pick in 2013.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having a night's sleep to digest and then throw up the game, I've come to some conclusions.

I know our defense played "well enough to win" yesterday, but the fact that we can't stop any Joe Blow that lines up at TE is a coaching malfunction.

Locker, I'm giving a pass. It's 1st year and struggles were bound to happen. I would have loved to see some RG3/Newton like play but he may not be on that road. Eli Manning was horrific early in his career and turned out to be quite ok. So I'll give Locker more than 2 games.

I have now turned on the offensive line. I was a supporter of them, but the whole line has regressed. We use to be able to pass protect now we can't even do that. Locker was running for his life back there. Either Velasco is horrible at making line calls or Amano was that good.. lol

Chris Johnson has lost his edge. He is turned into Larry Johnson after his big money. He doesn't have the burst, he doesn't have the desire to break tackles..There was NOBODY who wanted to draft CJ more than me when he came out. I've defended him. But he disappointed me with his hold-out and lost me with his play last year.

See if anyone will give us a Portis type deal. Maybe we can trick someone into taking him for a high price. It would hurt to see him do well elsewhere, but I don't know how can use him right. He isn't the best catcher and running isn't on point anymore. People say it's the line, no it's CJ too. You look at other backs and him, you see a noticeable difference in urgency.

Munchak himself is on a thin line. His contract was only a 4 year i believe so he will be a lame duck soon if he doesn't prove vast improvement. Palmer would be the first to get chopped I think. It wasn't his first choice anyway.
He is going to have to swallow some pride and make some changes on the line to see if we can improve somewhere.....Move Stewart to OG and bring in Otto or Stingly.

Something
coleman51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Johnson is not the blame. Although everyone finds it easy to blame him, because he held out and recieved a contract offer. Keep in mind, we win nothing by having 30 million dollars in salary cap room. We have to use a certain percentage of the cap (last year 90%). People tend to forget that. It's not like we use the money on anything else. That's why we're paying guys like Jason McCourty big contracts, what has he done for our defense? He's OK. Honestly in our defensive scheme though, I could go out there and play zone, let a guy make a catch for a first down and gang tackle him.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Chris Johnson is not the blame. Although everyone finds it easy to blame him, because he held out and recieved a contract offer. Keep in mind, we win nothing by having 30 million dollars in salary cap room. We have to use a certain percentage of the cap (last year 90%). People tend to forget that. It's not like we use the money on anything else. That's why we're paying guys like Jason McCourty big contracts, what has he done for our defense? He's OK. Honestly in our defensive scheme though, I could go out there and play zone, let a guy make a catch for a first down and gang tackle him.

I disagree on letting CJ out without any blame. He isn't the same runner. Even if it's mental, he isn't the same. Hey, David Carr could have been a decent QB until he got shell shocked with sacks. But he was too weak mentally, if you wanna call that weak.
So if CJ is so rattled by our line then he is going to be useless going forward cause he won't ever be able to shake the mental brick wall he has going on.... Call it lost trust or whatever, when there is room to run, no matter how few times, he doesn't hit it consistently.

I think he deserves blame. Nobody on this team is without blame.
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

I disagree on letting CJ out without any blame. He isn't the same runner. Even if it's mental, he isn't the same. Hey, David Carr could have been a decent QB until he got shell shocked with sacks. But he was too weak mentally, if you wanna call that weak.
So if CJ is so rattled by our line then he is going to be useless going forward cause he won't ever be able to shake the mental brick wall he has going on.... Call it lost trust or whatever, when there is room to run, no matter how few times, he doesn't hit it consistently.

I think he deserves blame. Nobody on this team is without blame.

I agree with you KT.

I think he's lost quickness and he seems lost out there.

It was a mistake to pay him. He will be lucky to hit 1000 yards this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: