Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Factual opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10596
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
Bruce deserves some blame for sure, but he has trash to work with.

The front office had a good opportunity to sign Wells or Myers and blew it. They could have drafted a lineman.

Lots of blame to go around.


This is one of my more passionate arguments...lol

But I don't believe any lineman was worthy of drafting high.

Meyers ultimately didn't want to be here. He was using us as bargaining chip. Wells looked like a good decision not to sign. He was hurt most of the pre-season and is on IR right now if I recall correctly....

While I'm at it, looks like not getting Mario Williams was a good choice also. I'd take Wimbley over Mario right bout now.

Giving Griffin that contract is their biggest mistake I can think of... Amano a very close second.. and CJ's rounding out the rear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 38044
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Factual opinions Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Someone said it in the GDT thread - our defense reacts to the offense, we do not impose our own will on anyone. No team has ever been successful doing that.


I mentioned it this week, and I mentioned it last week.

You look at great defenses, they attack the offense. Our defense? We just sit back, let them pass for 2 yards and run for 10.

And Michael Griffin is not the problem.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titanium


Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 3872
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Factual opinions Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
Someone said it in the GDT thread - our defense reacts to the offense, we do not impose our own will on anyone. No team has ever been successful doing that.


I mentioned it this week, and I mentioned it last week.

You look at great defenses, they attack the offense. Our defense? We just sit back, let them pass for 2 yards and run for 10.

And Michael Griffin is not the problem.

I can't tell if your Michael Griffin obsession is some sort of sick sarcasm.

He's not the whole problem but he is definitely not a quality player.
_________________
Go Titans!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 13974
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like we have a bunch of positional coaches in roles they are not capable of.

Munch is not a HC, he is an OL coach.

Palmer is a QB coach and should not be calling plays. Just awful.

Gray isnt as bad as people are making him out to be but he seems to struggle knowing when to bring pressure and when not to. Doesnt hide the blitz well and doesnt help the players that need help.

No passion from our team.

We have talent. Our coaches are awful.

This may be inappropriate but nothing will change until Bud is no longer in charge.
_________________

[Adopt a Titan] [Derrick Morgan] [Robert Johnson]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to get rid of him, but if you're in a position to draft a guy who could make your franchise a la RGIII or Luck, you have to pull the trigger. I'm not saying Barkley is 100% that guy, but if he's there it's a business. We tried out VY for about 2 years too long. Locker is a great guy, and has shown flashes of being a good quarterback, but he looked AWFUL today, no matter how much you say he got rushed, got guys in his face, the lack of the run game or whatever, the guy put up 10 points, had antsy feet in the pocket, and overthrew passes left and right. Again, I love Locker, but this is a business.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOneWayRoad


Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 1359
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though, where is the light at the end of the tunnel right now? The only real hope for this offense is that Jake Locker grows up A LOT faster than many of us believe he will, because I just don't see any sort of balance emerging for this group. At this point, I would plug in Deuce, start Reynaud, and just see what happens. We have to try something,...anything.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinceYoung1010


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
It seems like we have a bunch of positional coaches in roles they are not capable of.

Munch is not a HC, he is an OL coach.

Palmer is a QB coach and should not be calling plays. Just awful.

Gray isnt as bad as people are making him out to be but he seems to struggle knowing when to bring pressure and when not to. Doesnt hide the blitz well and doesnt help the players that need help.

No passion from our team.

We have talent. Our coaches are awful.

This may be inappropriate but nothing will change until Bud is no longer in charge.


No honestly, I agree with you about Bud. All age/health issues aside, he is an awful owner. No way we should come in to the season 20 mil under the cap after having something to really build on last year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOneWayRoad


Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 1359
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:
I don't want to get rid of him, but if you're in a position to draft a guy who could make your franchise a la RGIII or Luck, you have to pull the trigger. I'm not saying Barkley is 100% that guy, but if he's there it's a business. We tried out VY for about 2 years too long. Locker is a great guy, and has shown flashes of being a good quarterback, but he looked AWFUL today, no matter how much you say he got rushed, got guys in his face, the lack of the run game or whatever, the guy put up 10 points, had antsy feet in the pocket, and overthrew passes left and right. Again, I love Locker, but this is a business.


It was his 2nd start, bro. He didn't play well, but chill.

I still think he has immense potential to be a very good quarterback, but for real, he NEEDS help from the running game. I mean the guy is basically a rookie. We have nothing, and I mean NOTHING for him to lean on right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 13129
Location: Chicago/Mizzou
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:


I still think he has immense potential to be a very good quarterback, but for real, he NEEDS help from the running game. I mean the guy is basically a rookie. We have nothing, and I mean NOTHING for him to lean on right now.


Actually, we do. We have a speed demon in CJ, a star in Kenny Britt (when healthy), a huge target in Cook, and solid supporting receivers.

We just dont have a coach who knows how to get the ball in these guys' hands.
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceAgePimp


Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Posts: 2273
Location: Phoenix, AZ/ Oxford, MS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
We need a bigger back that CJ can spell. CJ needs to be the change of pace back instead of an everydown back.


CJ's paycheck has too many 0s in it for him to be a change of pace player. I think the running game would still suck even with a guy like Jackie Battle in there. He'd do better than CJ obviously, but the play calling sucks and the blocking is not conducive to great runs. They'd still be looking at less than 4.0 YPC, IMO.


I don't doubt that the run game would still be bad, however, I think even if we fix the line, that CJ just isn't what he used to be. I'd like a Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis type of back and have CJ be a change of pace to him. But, aside from all that, I agree, he's being paid too much.
_________________

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOneWayRoad


Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 1359
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
MrOneWayRoad wrote:


I still think he has immense potential to be a very good quarterback, but for real, he NEEDS help from the running game. I mean the guy is basically a rookie. We have nothing, and I mean NOTHING for him to lean on right now.


Actually, we do. We have a speed demon in CJ, a star in Kenny Britt (when healthy), a huge target in Cook, and solid supporting receivers.

We just dont have a coach who knows how to get the ball in these guys' hands.


Both are essentially useless right now. Britt might as well have stayed in Nashville, and I've already spoken my piece on the running game x100. I agree about Cook and the supporting cast, but Locker needs to be able to turn around and hand the ball off without it meaning 2nd and 12 is coming up. As I've stated NUMEROUS times throughout the preseason, this season will not be pretty if we are leaning solely on the young arm of Jake Locker.

Through 2 games I have been proven 100% right.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10596
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just trade teams and get the Niners? They play like the Titans used too..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 38044
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally believe that until the day we sign or trade for a real center and right guard, we should have everyone on the coaching staff and front office kicked in the nuts by Algerian midgets during their every waking moment until they FINALLY realize the problem.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2947
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpaceAgePimp wrote:
s_camp wrote:
SpaceAgePimp wrote:
We need a bigger back that CJ can spell. CJ needs to be the change of pace back instead of an everydown back.


CJ's paycheck has too many 0s in it for him to be a change of pace player. I think the running game would still suck even with a guy like Jackie Battle in there. He'd do better than CJ obviously, but the play calling sucks and the blocking is not conducive to great runs. They'd still be looking at less than 4.0 YPC, IMO.


I don't doubt that the run game would still be bad, however, I think even if we fix the line, that CJ just isn't what he used to be. I'd like a Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis type of back and have CJ be a change of pace to him. But, aside from all that, I agree, he's being paid too much.


I agree with you and think this point is glaringly obvious. The way he's running now, which has lasted over a year, is just pathetic and no amount of great blocking could make him look good when he runs like this.

I don't care too much for BJGE specifically but I agree that a RB of that type would be wonderful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ironlion


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 1345
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defence

We will never be good until we are a 3-4 D. 4-3 zone is useless unless you have a once in a lifetime DT. I'm not sure that is enough anymore(detroit?). We need to get on board with the modern D. 4-3 d is weak and lax. A great Defence sets the tempo, it doesn't wait around.

Losing finnegan was also very destructive. We should have gave him 12 mil a year for 7 years. We lost the heart and soul of the old school Tennessee defense. Who has replaced that? Oh yeah and he can cover.

We always get torched in zone D. Any top 20 QB can pick that apart all day.

Offense

We all new it was going to be a tough opening run for locker. Throwing him under the bus is crazy. I'm pretty sure he dislocated his shoulder last week. Yeah we lost but the man is a gamer. He showed me a ton of grit today. Traveling to the west coast with an injury in your second game. Give him a break.

Ultimately I put a lot of blame on the FO. We have million$$ in cap room and we didn't address any holes on the team. We needed 3 interior oline, and we managed to downgrade one slightly. We were near the bottom in sacks and we will be lucky to reach the same numbers as last year. We lost finnegan and jones and kept griffin. That will always be a questionable decision. We enter this year with no upgrade to the oline, a slight upgrade on pass rush, and a downgrade in the secondary. We managed all that and still have at least $15 million in cap space.

After seeing the oline now for 2 games I can say they are still the worst in the league. Our defense is still awful. Our only bright spot this year will be the possible development of jake locker. Hopefully the FO smartens up next year and we fix the personnel issues.

Coaches
I'm not going to make a decision on them yet. Munch needs to show me something in the next 15 weeks. There are certainly a lot of great coaches out there.
_________________
The AFC is wide open!!
Wesley Woodyard
Derek Morgan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group