Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson "empty stats" Palmer.. Leinart warming up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I don't get it. Is Palmer perfect? Nope. But he's the best QB we've had behind center in a long time now. Long time. And there are so many other areas of concern that are so much bigger than him. Like our run defense today, our lack of tackling, our non existent running game (and it's not like our passing game is non existent)..... ironically the same issues we've been having over the last few years. The one area that has gotten better over the last few years is fairly consistent QB play these last few games.

I suppose we could gripe and moan about our QB not playing at an elite level. But that's just nitpicking at one of our smaller issues at hand IMO. He's missed some throws and could have made a few better decisions, that's hardly the sign of a bad QB that needs to be replaced. Now if he came out and threw 3-4 picks and or turnovers in these last 2 games.... you'd have me at hello. But these things he's not doing right, I'm inclined to think they're going to start looking a lot better halfway through the season as everyone starts to get a little bit more familiar with the system they're playing in.

+1

Yes, having Tom Brady would certainly help our team win more games, but QB is NOT the biggest concern here. We have sucked for a decade... what is the ONE constant through all those years? Its not the starting QB, or RBs... its the inability to stop the run. Now, our offensive line is blowing in this ZBS, they aren't fit for it (or at least too new to it to execute). If they can't block well, McFadden can't run. McFadden is THE most important player on our team and right now he is rendered completely useless in this damn ZBS.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Ok, but you guys know i'm the president of the "hate on Palmer fan club" Laughing

Ya don't say.

Nodisrespect wrote:
He's giving me too much ammo.
Actually, you're reaching on a lot of things.

Nodisrespect wrote:
I said there was no way he could be trusted to complete multiple pass in a row and doesn't fit the west coast offense.
Which he did this and last gamel.

Nodisrespect wrote:
I've always questioned his leadship skills but not skill set.
Ok. You're still wrong though

Nodisrespect wrote:
And i said we would lose with him.
Putting out another qb isn't magically going to make the OL block better or our CBs suck less.

Nodisrespect wrote:
He's not proving me wrong, this crap looks like the demoralized offense of 2007-2009.
He put up almost 400 yards today with no running game and threw 1 garbage pick trying to comeback when the game was out of reach

Nodisrespect wrote:
I'm trying not to overdue it, but he's serving them up over the plate.
You are over-DOing it. And no, he isn't.

Who'd have thought I'd be defending Palmer this vehemently?

Laughing I knew you'd come around.

For real though, it is easy to blame the QB right now. He costs us a 1st and a 2nd and he isn't lighting up the scoreboard. Yes, we gave up too much for him, regardless, he is the best QB we've seen in silver in black since Gannon. So, take away what you are left with is a QB playing at a respectable level. We would all love to have a QB that can compensate for a crappy D and no run game and win us games, but he is not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Most teams need a run game that can at least be competitive, an offensive line that can block, and a defense that can at least keep the game in reach. Right now, Palmer doesn't have any of those luxuries. If he was throwing 3 picks a game, yea we could hate on him, but right now he is actually playing better than any offensive player so far.

La_Vader wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
For real though, it is easy to blame the QB right now. He costs us a 1st and a 2nd and he isn't lighting up the scoreboard. Yes, we gave up too much for him, regardless, he is the best QB we've seen in silver in black since Gannon. So, take away what you are left with is a QB playing at a respectable level. We would all love to have a QB that can compensate for a crappy D and no run game and win us games, but he is not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Most teams need a run game that can at least be competitive, an offensive line that can block, and a defense that can at least keep the game in reach. Right now, Palmer doesn't have any of those luxuries. If he was throwing 3 picks a game, yea we could hate on him, but right now he is actually playing better than any offensive player so far.

It really isn't. It takes a special kind of stupid. You must be blind or didn't watch the game to put this on him.

He had to pass the ball like 50 times because the running game was so anemic. That isn't a fair request of any qb. And he only threw one pick which is his biggest problem.

Miami's pass rush was breathing down his neck for most of the game once they started blitzing and Knapp did nothing about it. No max protect. No screens. No counters. No nothing.

It really is appallingly absurd reading some of these posts.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder your name is silver surfer. You're head is up in space all the time.

Palmer misses easy throws here and there, but he's not the reason we can't run the ball or get protection on 3rd down.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

It really isn't. It takes a special kind of stupid. You must be blind or didn't watch the game to put this on him.

He had to pass the ball like 50 times because the running game was so anemic. That isn't a fair request of any qb. And he only threw one pick which is his biggest problem.

Miami's pass rush was breathing down his neck for most of the game once they started blitzing and Knapp did nothing about it. No max protect. No screens. No counters. No nothing.

It really is appallingly absurd reading some of these posts.

Yea, I didn't mean its actually easy, I meant more that a lot of people seem to be blaming him and I don't know why.

La_Vader wrote:
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
We will be great one day... I just know it
It will happen Crying or Very sad Not today, not this year
I'll never forget the late down as a boy when the Raiders lost the superbowl...
I just know we will be great one day again... I just know it Crying or Very sad
We all want the same thing..I stuck with this team through all these years, and the glory will come soon enough Crying or Very sad

Just stop it, you think losing one lousy superbowl and the past 10 years is a tough stretch to go through? I have been a fan since early 70's, yep that's right immaculate deception, Lytle fumble, Marc Wilson,Todd Marinovich, stick around another 20 years and then I'll listen. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've seen and I can't watch too much of it as it's so depressing is that our Oline can't protect Palmer or they're not calling plays where he can off the ball when they blitz. It was obvious in the SD game. They just rolled over the Oline. SD was also stacking the box eliminating our ability to run. We need to pass to set up the run as they seem to have our number.
In the Miami game I couldn't believe how many plays where our receivers got their hands on the ball only to drop it or have it knocked out of their grasp by the DB or LB.
Palmer is the least of our worries. When you can't run the ball the blame is directed toward the RB when it's really the Oline.
Actually they should have put TP in when we were deep in the hole as it was obvious to me there was no hope in continuing with what we were doing. We needed his mobility. Have him run for his life and put some life in the team.
Also, what happened to our run D when it was so stout against SD. The prognosticators were saying the fish have no running game so their QB will have to carry the team. That's not what I saw.
They better get their act together or I'm throwing the rope over the chandelier.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I don't get it. Is Palmer perfect? Nope. But he's the best QB we've had behind center in a long time now. Long time. And there are so many other areas of concern that are so much bigger than him. Like our run defense today, our lack of tackling, our non existent running game (and it's not like our passing game is non existent)..... ironically the same issues we've been having over the last few years. The one area that has gotten better over the last few years is fairly consistent QB play these last few games.

I suppose we could gripe and moan about our QB not playing at an elite level. But that's just nitpicking at one of our smaller issues at hand IMO. He's missed some throws and could have made a few better decisions, that's hardly the sign of a bad QB that needs to be replaced. Now if he came out and threw 3-4 picks and or turnovers in these last 2 games.... you'd have me at hello. But these things he's not doing right, I'm inclined to think they're going to start looking a lot better halfway through the season as everyone starts to get a little bit more familiar with the system they're playing in.

really?
wow cp is better than tui, walter, brooks, jr, grad, dante etc congrats

thats like being proud of banging a skinny ugly chick just because u usually bang fat ugly chicks.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:

really?
wow cp is better than tui, walter, brooks, jr, grad, dante etc congrats

thats like being proud of banging a skinny ugly chick just because u usually bang fat ugly chicks.

lol Laughing
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its coming this year Reggie will decide before the trade deadline to go "Orlando Magic" mode and gut this team with every player on the chopping block no exception for anyone. Surprised
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Its coming this year Reggie will decide before the trade deadline to go "Orlando Magic" mode and gut this team with every player on the chopping block no exception for anyone. Surprised

+1000 everyone's gonna be traded! Rolling Eyes
Roninho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what is worse, watching the raiders lose like this or logging in to ff after a loss and see a bunch of topics like these.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
I don't know what is worse, watching the raiders lose like this or logging in to ff after a loss and see a bunch of topics like these.

That's what happens when your team gets used as a floor mat by the worst team in the NFL.
TheAutumnWind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:

+1,000

We get it... we lost and for whatever reason it's all Palmer's fault and TP needs to play cuz he's gonna save the day, and Hue should've never been fired- sorry but there was no way he would of stayed, etc, etc, etc.... Rolling Eyes

Can we PLEASE get a moderator to keep the unnecessary/pointless 'rethreading' at a min or locked up- or atleast keep it all in a "CP Haters- Pryor is the answer" thread.

For the record- I hope Pryor does pan out... but to say he is the answer now... let alone that Palmer needs to go is just... well, it's idiotic like S&B88 has already stated. To think that Pryor wouldn't have had a ridiculous amount of 3 n outs or turned the ball over is ridiculous- HE's NOT READY- not even close. And from those of us who actually saw Pryor play in college... PLEASE stop mentioning him in the same breath as RG3 and Cam- it's not even close. Has he improved since, ya... he's gotten better but in the words of Plunkett... 'he's a crazy athlete but he's not a quarterback yet, he's just starting to learn'. Can he extend plays with his feet... absolutely!!! IT'S the ONE thing that PRyor unquestionably CAN DO... BUT his FEET are NOT going to win us games- not if he can't throw the ball consistently- which he can not. HE's not going to bust three 80 yard runs every game to put points on the board... it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN so please think before you start posting things like it's time to 'UNLEASH' Pryor when in reality it's Pryor who will be wearing a collar and a leash after defenses have their way with him Mad Brick wall
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, to all of Pryors home boys out there, if we get a top 5 pick, do we draft a qb like Barkley? Or roll with TP for the future?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: