Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins trade CB Kevin Barnes to the Lions; Released
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Redskins trade CB Kevin Barnes to the Lions; Released Reply with quote

Quote:
#Redskins trade former 3rd round pick CB Kevin Barnes to the #Lions.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/240137043563401216

***Update***
Quote:
Lions released former #Redskins CB Kevin Barnes who they traded earlier this season and claimed former #Rams 3rd round pick CB Jerome Murphy.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/248156346057359361
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4053
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins trade CB Kevin Barnes to the Lions Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins trade former 3rd round pick CB Kevin Barnes to the #Lions.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/240137043563401216


Really!!? whadwe git ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4530
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully at least a sixth. Fifth would be awesome! Good luck to him there.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4322
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins trade CB Kevin Barnes to the Lions Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Redskins trade former 3rd round pick CB Kevin Barnes to the #Lions.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/240137043563401216


Really!!? whadwe git ?
IDK he is gone and he suck.
_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTNES_L3s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJ8_uNMM_I&list=LLRM2s0GoIPWV7foTBLfFMRw&feature=mh_lolz
^^^^I like to I like to I like to ^_^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SeanTayorsaPIMP


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 3598
Location: Boston, Ma
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome. I think most of us were cool when they first announced he was flat out cut. To get anything for him is a bonus.

I bet Jahvid Best isn't happy to see Barnes line up against him in practice.
_________________



mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15371
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...I thought we already cut him.

Seriously, the Redskins Insider sucks big you-know-what
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19465
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely a late late pick like a 7th or even a conditional pick.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4053
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Wait...I thought we already cut him.

Seriously, the Redskins Insider sucks big you-know-what


I wonder if maybe he got a lot claims and we were able to pull him back and then work a trade ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Wait...I thought we already cut him.

Seriously, the Redskins Insider sucks big you-know-what


I wonder if maybe he got a lot claims and we were able to pull him back and then work a trade ?


The scenario is impossible... he was simply never really released.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 15371
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Wait...I thought we already cut him.

Seriously, the Redskins Insider sucks big you-know-what


I wonder if maybe he got a lot claims and we were able to pull him back and then work a trade ?


The scenario is impossible... he was simply never really released.


Correct. After researching a bit, it looks like what happened is that Barnes was informed that he would be released. The news broke before the league was officially informed that he would be released and teams must've contacted the Redskins about him.

So Billy is correct. Once a player is officially "Cut", you can't simply "reclaim" them without bidding against other teams to sign the player. He was simply not officially cut, word got out that he was going to be made available and the Redskins were able to provide assurance to the Lions that they could bolster their depth by trading Barnes to the Lions (rather than Detroit having to risk not getting Barnes' services by competing against other teams for him).

We got at MOST a 6th rounder for him if I was going to bet.

My guess is we got a 7th rounder (straight up) or its one of those conditional picks where the least we get is a 7th but could escalate to a 6th depending upon triggers in the deal.
_________________


Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 8232
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Hopefully at least a sixth. Fifth would be awesome! Good luck to him there.
very unlikely. It's probably a conditional 7th round pick on the condition that he makes their final 53 man roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SeanTayorsaPIMP


Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Posts: 3598
Location: Boston, Ma
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news for Richard Crawford by the way.
_________________



mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 8232
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Wait...I thought we already cut him.

Seriously, the Redskins Insider sucks big you-know-what


I wonder if maybe he got a lot claims and we were able to pull him back and then work a trade ?


The scenario is impossible... he was simply never really released.


Correct. After researching a bit, it looks like what happened is that Barnes was informed that he would be released. The news broke before the league was officially informed that he would be released and teams must've contacted the Redskins about him.

So Billy is correct. Once a player is officially "Cut", you can't simply "reclaim" them without bidding against other teams to sign the player. He was simply not officially cut, word got out that he was going to be made available and the Redskins were able to provide assurance to the Lions that they could bolster their depth by trading Barnes to the Lions (rather than Detroit having to risk not getting Barnes' services by competing against other teams for him).

We got at MOST a 6th rounder for him if I was going to bet.

My guess is we got a 7th rounder (straight up) or its one of those conditional picks where the least we get is a 7th but could escalate to a 6th depending upon triggers in the deal.
Makes sense for the Lions. He's still under a reasonable rookie contract and dumping a low round pick for him keeps them from competing for him in free agency (possibly) thus keeping his cap number lower.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4530
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
This is great news for Richard Crawford by the way.

Whoooo!!!.I forgot about that. Excellent news for my adoptee. Cool
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11441
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
This is great news for Richard Crawford by the way.


Crawford made the roster regardless, if anything this will help Thompson. Barnes had the time to prove he could improve and he didn't. Lions need the corner depth, but I'm not sure Barnes is going to help. Unfortunate that pick did not provide an impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group