Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cut Morgan, bring back Cooley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doubt it.morgan has never done anything like that before. We won't play Finnegan again, I seriously doubt it happens again. IMO this is over, time to move on to the bengals game!! Very Happy Cool

The Refs need to target Finnegan like they have other players and start flagging him for all the dirty stuff he does. It's not like we don't know how much of a Punk he is.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause

Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.

I think what is a bigger issue is the scab Refs losing control of these games. I'm surprised more players haven't been seriously hurt. That hit on Davis and no flag- was there even a fine?
And all the hitting going on after the whistle and I've seen other games where situations are getting out of control with these refs and then last night:

http://www.sportsgirlsandmore.com/replacement-referees-lose-control-of-monday-night-football-early/
I totally agree. And I'm not excusing what Morgan did but do I think he should serve some kind of punishment, no not really.

Not excusing his selfish act, but don't think he should be punished. So then you're ok with it happening again then? Because that's what will happen.
Doubt it.morgan has never done anything like that before. We won't play Finnegan again, I seriously doubt it happens again. IMO this is over, time to move on to the bengals game!! Very Happy Cool

Finnegan is the only DB that pushes buttons and smack talks? News to me. Rolling Eyes

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
They said they will not disciple Morgan today... Applause Applause

Dunno why you're clapping. Letting players do what they want on the field is the way things used to be done. Its letting the inmates run the asylum and its no way to run a professional organization.

In short, this is Jim Zorn 2.0

Morgan should be fined and demoted for at least one game
Humans make mistakes, no one feels worse than him for what happened. I'm sure he was talked to and I'm sure he will make up for it. I look for him to have a big game next week.

So, you think shanahan doesn't have control of this team? Please tell me your kidding Thai.

I think what is a bigger issue is the scab Refs losing control of these games. I'm surprised more players haven't been seriously hurt. That hit on Davis and no flag- was there even a fine?
And all the hitting going on after the whistle and I've seen other games where situations are getting out of control with these refs and then last night:

http://www.sportsgirlsandmore.com/replacement-referees-lose-control-of-monday-night-football-early/
I totally agree. And I'm not excusing what Morgan did but do I think he should serve some kind of punishment, no not really.

Not excusing his selfish act, but don't think he should be punished. So then you're ok with it happening again then? Because that's what will happen.

Finnegan is the only DB that pushes buttons and smack talks? News to me. Rolling Eyes

Just cause Morgan has never done it before doesnt mean he is not capable of doing it again under the same circumstances. Emotional games and frustrating outings can make a player weak in their decision and cloud their judgement with emotion taking over.

It can happen to anyone. Finnegan is one of the dirtier players, in the extent that he does not physically play dirty, but he does talk a lot more smack than most. And has done so since his days in Tennessee.

IMO, when you cost a team a game because of a loss of cool and emotion on the field, you should be punished as a disciplinary move to show the TEAM that things like that will not go away lightly.

If a dog poops on the carpet and you dont discipline him/her, then the potential is there for them to do it again, right? Even if they know its wrong. (I can prove this cause my dog can get mad at me for leaving for a business trip and when I come back he poops in the house as a way of saying don't leave again, he never does it while I am there, but its when I come back, and he know's its wrong).

Gotta discipline to show that you are in charge and that things like that will not be just forgotten. Its very passive behavior to let things like that slide.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you actually compare the intelligence and understanding of a dog to a human....For cereal?

It's one game, and with Hankerson not ready for full-time, and I figure they want to bring along Briscoe slowly, what other option is there? Fred Davis could be out, is it worth losing a game by benching Morgan? Talent wins you games and Morgan is one of the more talented wideouts, especially when you consider Santana has yet to show up for the season.

You talk to Joshua about the situation and how to deal with it in the future. If he does it again, well then you have your answer; you have to give a guy an opportunity to learn from his mistake. For instance, how many times has Banks been sent back out there after fumbling the ball? Answer: constantly.

Winning is everything in sports, and yes it matters how you go about winning, nevertheless Josh Morgan will be necessary if they are going to win the next game because our secondary very well could be torched for the third consecutive game.

Last edited by footy_29 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sucks is that catch could have put us in position for an OT win ,what better way to say F Finnegan.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say that about any number a dozen of poor plays/decisions by the redskins players and coaches cost us a win on sunday. You win as a team and lose as a team. The redskins lost as a team on sunday, all this blame and death threats going at Morgan like he's the only person who cost us the game are just frankly ridiculous.

If Cundiff does make the kick, there is no guarentee we win in overtime anyways. More than likely we would have lost because we couldn't stop the rams all day. If Robinson catches that ball, we likely aren't talking about Morgan. If our defense stopped Amendola and Richardon at all we aren't talking about Morgan. If Kyle did a better job of clock management and running out the clock at the end of the first half and most of the second half, we aren't talking about Morgan right now. If Perry Riley doesn't miss a block and Rocca does a better job at gettin off his kicks faster, we aren't talking about Morgan right now. If our offensive line did a better job of blocking we aren't talking about Morgan right now.

Do people get my point?? Wink

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choosing not to cut/release him? Smart, obvious decision.

Choosing not to punish him at all? Not so sure that's a good thing.

turtle28, we can talk about what-ifs until the cows come home, but the fact of the matter is that when it counted, Morgan lost his cool and did something incredibly stupid. As has been already pointed out, it was so stupid that he talked about it before the game.

And the result of that is ... nothing, other than some bad press.

Yes, the Redskins lost as a team. However, some people did more to contribute to that loss than others. Yes, if Aldrick Robinson hadn't dropped a gimme touchdown, we wouldn't have this conversation. He's responsible too. There is, however, a difference between a lapse in play and a lapse in judgment. The former necessitates a player's position coach to reassure the player that he will get the next one (as well as some extra time with the Juggs machine); the latter necessitates a player being sent to the bench.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: