Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cut Morgan, bring back Cooley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Morgan is 27, he has 2 to 5 good years left in the league. Also, I definitely agree with those who say Paul is a better blocker than Cooley. I love Cooley like everyone in here does, but we have to face the facts. He wants to start and he wasn't going to start here and we have 3 young emerging players at Cooley's position who all bring different specialties to the offesnse, it's similar to our 3 young running backs and why Hightower was not retained.

I don't see Cooley nor Hightower being back unless we have injuries to our young players.

E brings up a good point in dealing with Morgan. Deactivating him next week seems like a good move to send a message. Even if Garçon isn't back healthy, we still have Briscoe who can play a major role and Hankerson looked good today also. We definitely could get away with deactivating Morgan for a week.

Well to be perfectly honest how can Niles get involve we are are always in this Pistol formation and wanna put RG3 in too much shutgun. The offense didnt get that involved today at all we ran the ball and had RG3 scramble and had one big TD other than that we had nobody as a factor today. No 2-3 drop quick throws the problem is we are trying to copy cat the Eagles offense for RG3 when we should really play to a WCO scheme and play smart. Yea 21 points is good but sooner or later teams will figure this out and blitz RG3 more and the last thing we should do is risk RG3 body. I got a bad but crazy feeing this season but we will see.

Morgan sucks and I hope my wish of Dezmon Briscoe starting comes true.We need to change gameplain on offense and start getting the short throws and running games going. The Rams adjusted more to the half so we will have problems with the bengals who I think we will lose to by 10 points . I dont think we will beat them if our D doesnt step up and there D is an improvement over the rams and saints big time.

Last edited by Dashing on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I mean, while were at it, why don't we cut Aldrick Robinson for dropping a perfect pass?

Thats Different because he caught a TD pass last week and this is the first time ever in his career he gotten this much time on the field against Finnegan. Morgans had 4 years and he quote on quote about how Finnegan game is and Morgan knew this and still did it. That being said its not Morgans fault obviously 28 points is enough to win and rarely something we see from us but we need to talk about defense instead.
Morgan should be benched for two games or something till he earns his role again. Briscoe or Hankerson should see more playing time.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think that we cut Morgan. Its good to see that kind of emotion, even though it hurt our chances of making a comeback win, but its emotion to build on. He wants to win, and who doesnt. While there is a need for discipline in showing the emotion, having emotion is a good thing.

Emotion can result to passion and that was what the Skins have been lacking for a while from a lot of players. The mentality is changing to players wanting to play and not just cashing checks.

Only thing we can do is turn this into a positive and take it out on the Bengals.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I didn't think about the cap ramifications. Still think he should be cut though. We've already got a huge cap issue. What's a couple million more.

I wouldn't cut Robinson because of his drop. It's not like we didn't know he was raw. He's got a whopping 2 games under his belt. And he's outproduced Morgan so far this year.

The difference is that Robinson's failure is a result of inadequetly developed skills rather than a complete failure of character and discipline. At 27, Morgan is no longer developing. He is what he is. He's been in this league long enough to know that DBs are going to do that stuff and that whoever retailiates will be the one who gets the penalty. Cortland Finnegan is a veteran with a reputation for things like this. Morgan should have known better. But he doesn't.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less Morgan more Hanktime. Hank has promise, this could be a good excuse to get him on the field more.

Anyways, I now hate Josh Morgan and my anger can last a while...

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Morgan interview on September 13:

Quote:
“He’s the ultimate competitor, a great competitor,” Redskins wide receiver Josh Morgan said. “He’s one of those guys that plays—you know how they say play to the whistle? He’s one of those guys that plays until you walk back to the huddle…He’s just got a little extracurricular with him, you know.”

How you stop him: The key, according to Morgan, is to play your own game and not allow Finnegan to get to you.

“He pretty much tries everybody at least once or twice a game to see how you respond back to him, see how you react to him,” Morgan said. “And then he just can go out and be the football player that he is. A lot of people respect the football player. I definitely respect the football player he is. Some of the extra stuff, he can cut out.”

Retaliating, Morgan said, could result in a costly penalty.
“You don’t want to be the second guy because the second guy is going to get caught,” Morgan said. “He’s going to come at you and he’s going to be the first, second and third guy. You’ve got to remind yourself not to be that fourth and fifth guy, and throw your hands up and walk back to the huddle.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/13/rams-defensive-player-to-watch-cb-cortland-finnegan/

Lol ... wow ...
ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly now that ive calmed down honestly i thought the game was very sloppy espeacially on defense but i must say just knowing how it feels playing ball and a team taking late hits i was a cb and rb speed elusive type i was the smallest fastest guy on the team but honestly i remember the coach all game telling us to not react he got us very simaluar to how yesterday looked he was goin crazy all game and the refs did nothing honestly it was about 4 min left and their reciever kept diving twards my knees when they ran to my side when i was around him about to tackle and just kept beating me i remeber when i was actually about to do something i just got a pick and when i was getting up he ran and kneed my helment not hard hard and my boy who was our mlb ke didnt give me time to get up and finish my swing he tackeld him and it got crazy and we 3 got flagged but i remeber the rest of the game the refs finally started throwing flags. now he cost the game if you think that we should have even been in the comback position in the first place!

now it was def a bad time but honestly i didnt see nobody even stick up for robert which is very concerning because he was showing stupid big heart not complaining, not losing cool and getting up every time and honestly acting like it didnt happen to continue to try and do his job in winning the game! that said he def hasnt gotten calls that even grossman gets much less brady and co! heck Vick gets those calls. anyways horrible game honestly in heart dept other then Hall, fletch, r(heart)3, and a select other few. morgan though coming off injury with limited reps with just this time he has had to learn the playbook has impressed me as have all the WRs this year. We are still coming together as a team and honestly ive been hands down lights out impressed overall with the group of guys on the field other then our punt blocking unit they would all be in serious misery come next practise and film session!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I mean, while were at it, why don't we cut Aldrick Robinson for dropping a perfect pass?

Yeah, let's do that and also bench RG3 cause he didn't see Robinson WIDE OPEN on the last drive .. deep down the field .. Rolling Eyes
ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Honestly now that ive calmed down honestly i thought the game was very sloppy espeacially on defense but i must say just knowing how it feels playing ball and a team taking late hits i was a cb and rb speed elusive type i was the smallest fastest guy on the team but honestly i remember the coach all game telling us to not react he got us very simaluar to how yesterday looked he was goin crazy all game and the refs did nothing honestly it was about 4 min left and their reciever kept diving twards my knees when they ran to my side when i was around him about to tackle and just kept beating me i remeber when i was actually about to do something i just got a pick and when i was getting up he ran and kneed my helment not hard hard and my boy who was our mlb ke didnt give me time to get up and finish my swing he tackeld him and it got crazy and we 3 got flagged but i remeber the rest of the game the refs finally started throwing flags. now he cost the game if you think that we should have even been in the comback position in the first place!

now it was def a bad time but honestly i didnt see nobody even stick up for robert which is very concerning because he was showing stupid big heart not complaining, not losing cool and getting up every time and honestly acting like it didnt happen to continue to try and do his job in winning the game! that said he def hasnt gotten calls that even grossman gets much less brady and co! heck Vick gets those calls. anyways horrible game honestly in heart dept other then Hall, fletch, r(heart)3, and a select other few. morgan though coming off injury with limited reps with just this time he has had to learn the playbook has impressed me as have all the WRs this year. We are still coming together as a team and honestly ive been hands down lights out impressed overall with the group of guys on the field other then our punt blocking unit they would all be in serious misery come next practise and film session!

also just to clarify impressed eith wrs other then morgans moment and robinsons drop

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Yeah, let's do that and also bench RG3 cause he didn't see Robinson WIDE OPEN on the last drive .. deep down the field .. Rolling Eyes

Gotta cut Orakpo for getting injured, he shouldn't have done that. Wilson too for getting concussed, damn moron. And you know what, screw Cundiff, I could kick 62-yard field goals in my sleep, cut him as well. Cut em' all damn you, cut em' all!!!!!!
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
First off, Morgan is not a part of this team's future. He's in his prime. He's not good. He will be gone in another year or two.

Second, Niles Paul is not half the blocker Cooley is. He's not half the pass catcher Cooley is. He's a slow receiver that Shanahan is trying to force in to tight end.

Third, Morgan is completely replaceable. He doesnt' do anything that Robinson, Hankerson, and/or Fristoe can't do.

-Morgan is not a part of the teams future? but they inked him to a 3 yr deal and he won a starting position on this team.

-I agree he is in his prime, but I disagree with him not being good, a 7th round pick he has stuck in this league says a lot about how good he actually is. I doubt he will be gone in a year two with our cap troubles.

-Your right Niles isnt half the blocker Cooley is, he is better. There is a reason why they converted him to TE, he was our best blocking WR last year hand downs. The coaches knew the number game but they wanted to keep him around. Which explains the move to TE. Not sure if you are serious about him being slow but he is 6-1, 235lbs with 4.5 speed. returned kicks in college and can do it at this level.

- Morgan is not replaceable here's a few things he does better then the WR's you listed: block, route running, and he has for-sure hands (arguably the best on the team)

You say he is a journeyman, but this is his 2nd team? Like everyone said you may have the wrong Josh Morgan, because everything you are saying about him is false. If you are going to create a argument...bring valid facts, talk about talking sports out the side of your face, smh.

As for Morgan, it was a COSTLY mental error, but thats what Cortland Finnergan is know for, he should have got called for the penalty but its always the 2nd person who gets caught. Sloppy/Chippy game by the replacement refs! A real embarrassment to the league, but they aren't the reason why we loss the game. We got no pressure on Bradford and they had banged up o-line protecting him, but we elected to drop back into a soft zone, only to get torched by Amendola.

But we all need to relax honestly, I was heated about the game as well but its only WEEK 2 fellas. We shouldn't have let this one slip away but it did...now its onto week 3 (still a long season to go). Can't point the finger or cut Morgan because of one penalty, that's how you lose respect from players as a coach. Doesn't show good team unity when punishing a player that severely for one mistake. If that's the case Aldrick can go too, for dropping the long ball that could have won the game, or Santana for the drive killing false start. Get where I'm going with this...
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Josh Morgan interview on September 13:

Quote:
How you stop him: The key, according to Morgan, is to play your own game and not allow Finnegan to get to you.

“He pretty much tries everybody at least once or twice a game to see how you respond back to him, see how you react to him,” Morgan said. “And then he just can go out and be the football player that he is. A lot of people respect the football player. I definitely respect the football player he is. Some of the extra stuff, he can cut out.”

Retaliating, Morgan said, could result in a costly penalty.
“You don’t want to be the second guy because the second guy is going to get caught,” Morgan said. “He’s going to come at you and he’s going to be the first, second and third guy. You’ve got to remind yourself not to be that
fourth and fifth guy, and throw your hands up and walk back to the huddle.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/13/rams-defensive-player-to-watch-cb-cortland-finnegan/

Lol ... wow ...
yeah, I posted that in the game day thread last night. It's quite ironic. Laughing anyways, he isn't getting cut. He may get benches or deactivated but they aren't going to cut him right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Gotta cut Orakpo for getting injured, he shouldn't have done that. Wilson too for getting concussed, damn moron. And you know what, screw Cundiff, I could kick 62-yard field goals in my sleep, cut him as well. Cut em' all damn you, cut em' all!!!!!!
Lmfao!! Laughing funny stuff guys, funny stuff. I'm rolling around on the floor over here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
I'll be honest, I didn't think about the cap ramifications. Still think he should be cut though. We've already got a huge cap issue. What's a couple million more.

The inability to sign any free agents in the event we have (more) injuries?
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Lmfao!! Laughing funny stuff guys, funny stuff. I'm rolling around on the floor over here.

I guess we all have to try and laugh-- to keep from crying .. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: