Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So...the Chiefs suck
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: So...the Chiefs suck Reply with quote

ok...i'll say it...the Chiefs suck. I was wrong. The thing is, it's hard to understand why. For some reason they completely lack any resemblance of common sense so far, weather it be a coaching decision/play call,scheme, strategy or the players going the wrong way, making the wrong read. If there is a choice to be made coaching or playing/reacting, they have chosen the wrong option about 90% of the time.

It's like deja vu from the first two games of last year...yet somehow they turned things around and finished 7-9 despite some bad injury luck and atrocious QB play. I expect the switch to come on at some point and they will play like many of us thot they would and be capable of beating anybody anywhere, but I simply don't know when that will be or what on earth is keeping it from happening to this point.

They are just plain awful in nearly every phase right now...besides the showing of the offense in the first half vs Atl, this is the exact way they played under Haley to begin last year after the preseason method didn't work out....maybe it wasn't Haley, which is why this is all the more vexing.

Why aren't they prepared? Why do they have no common sense? Why are they always in the wrong position? We've seen all these guys play much, much better consistently...and many of these coaches have a proven track record...but they are just all terrible right now, it's almost hysterical.

So, I was wrong, I thot they'd be good from the get go. I believe they will eventually get there this year, I just don't know when or if it will be too late. It's so incredibly strange, I would imagine even non-KC fans who didn't think they'd be very good are wondering what is going on. Neither the coaching or the playing make any sense whatsoever...it's like we're playing pop warner defensive schemes and are oblivious to what the other team is trying to do. We have guys running to cover a zone where there are no receivers while letting a guy run right thru their previous area for an easy TD. Or double teaming some slot guy on 3rd and long and leave Stevie J uncovered for another TD. On offense we run Charles up the middle and Hillis to the outside, that is when that 1-2 punch isn't on the sideline for Droughn or Eachus (a RB who we are using as our FB even though he can't and won't block Confused ) We don't utilize Baldwin until garbage time and we still don't throw down field enough to keep defenses honest so McCluster has some room to run on the short routes instead of being crunched by two defenders after he catches the ball.

Cassel isn't very good either, but we didn't expect him to be. I would conclude that many of you were right about the Chiefs, so far, but I don't know that anyone knew the reasons for the ineptitude would be so mystifying.

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... I know that feel.

Talentwise, I'd say the Titans are top 10 in the league.

But between the [inappropriate/removed]-poor playcalling and schemes, as well as missed opportunities and mental lapses, we're playing like a bottom 5 team, and it would not shock me to see us picking top 5 in the draft.

I felt this team had so much potential, but right now we are not living up to it, and the pathetic coordinators are doing us no favors.

Covering tight ends has been a problem for a decade now, through two entirely different coaching staffs. Inexcusable.

Sorry for slightly hi-jacking this thread, but I figure this could be the "We suck!" thread.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not shocking in the least. I thought they would have a top 5 pick, most generally felt the same way. You cant win if you dont have a capable QB, and Matt Cassel is terrible. There is not as much talent as people thought, it just isnt working or coming together. This is a classic case of how a team will play if they have a terrible QB leading a team of players who are failing to mesh together. Its only week 2, but Cassel isnt going to get much better.

Fortunately for the chiefs, the Raiders are just as bad, if not worse.
yupyup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

But between the [inappropriate/removed]-poor playcalling and schemes, as well as missed opportunities and mental lapses, we're playing like a bottom 5 team, and it would not shock me to see us picking top 5 in the draft.

I felt this team had so much potential, but right now we are not living up to it, and the pathetic coordinators are doing us no favors.

Covering tight ends has been a problem for a decade now, through two entirely different coaching staffs. Inexcusable.

Sorry for slightly hi-jacking this thread, but I figure this could be the "We suck!" thread.

Good one.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their talent was overrated to begin with. A solid number of good players, but no great ones. The talent was also so scattered across the board that they don't have any particularly strong units.

RuskieTitan wrote:

Uh...I have them pretty close to the bottom myself. That entire defense is a nightmare.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the Chiefs don't suck, but they were hyped up to be this unbeatable team. They aren't terrible, but they don't have the ability to be special IMO.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Their talent was overrated to begin with. A solid number of good players, but no great ones. The talent was also so scattered across the board that they don't have any particularly strong units.

RuskieTitan wrote:

Uh...I have them pretty close to the bottom myself. That entire defense is a nightmare.

Agreed, from a talent standpoint it was a lot of hype more than anything. They might be a more talented team than most bottom 10 teams, but to hold them to the same talent level as a top 10 team, is simply overrating the roster.
mlv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Not shocking in the least. I thought they would have a top 5 pick, most generally felt the same way. You cant win if you dont have a capable QB, and Matt Cassel is terrible. There is not as much talent as people thought, it just isnt working or coming together. This is a classic case of how a team will play if they have a terrible QB leading a team of players who are failing to mesh together. Its only week 2, but Cassel isnt going to get much better.

Fortunately for the chiefs, the Raiders are just as bad, if not worse.

Wait, what? Most people thought the Chiefs would be picking Top 5? What people are you talking about?
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a surprise? their roster is horrible

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

Good one. I don't see a single top ten player at that position on that team aside from the tackles.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

RuskieTitan wrote:

Agreed, from a talent standpoint it was a lot of hype more than anything. They might be a more talented team than most bottom 10 teams, but to hold them to the same talent level as a top 10 team, is simply overrating the roster.

If we are excluding the QB position and injuries, I don't think it is. But our QB is terrible and we struggle with injury problems.

What we are finding out is that an elite or great QB can mask a lot of other problems your team may have. Hopefully we get one in the draft this offseason.
game3525

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

RuskieTitan wrote:

Pretty much this.

There talent level wasn't that much greater then Den or SD......but those two teams have elite QB's who offset them.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there a Chiefs homer on here saying they'd go 13-3?

Ha.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and then there is a key "what are the chances" play from each game that has seemingly deflated the team. Against the Falcons, it was a FG to tie the game in the 3rd quarter that looked good all the way until it sliced into the cross bar at the last second. Against the Bills, we were on the one yard line at the end of the half looking to cut the lead to 21-7 and Hillis reaches out and fumbles into the end zone...game over.

So this team also needs a stronger resolve, but I think that goes back to the QB...everyone on the team knows that if they do get behind too far, they won't be able to come back with Cassel....which leads to even more mistakes and ineptitude than is already happening.
game3525

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
Wasn't there a Chiefs homer on here saying they'd go 13-3?

Ha.

Yeah, I remember that.

I said at the time, I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs go into the bye week 0-6, the schedule is brutal.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: