Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

the diagnose of clark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: the diagnose of clark Reply with quote

We are in middle of the game betwee jets and steelers, one thing I noticed is that ryan clark's presence robably have a bigger impact for us than we thought. So my question is... is ryan clark the most important defensive player for our team, not troy polamalu? I'm not one to be bashing polamalu, but.. as years goes, polamalu have been less and less impactful than where he was when won DPOY. Ryan clark, in my mind seemingly to be more disciplined than few yrs ago and better.

Reason why I'm typing here, about this is that I kind of want to hear people's argument or shall I say, confirming my sanity?

Go!
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the issue isn't Clark v Polamalu

it's if EITHER is out there's a terrrrrrible dropoff in what comes off the bench.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true but think about it... lebeau may have overutilizepolamalu that he is now easily exposed compared to clark because of his style of playing. Veteran quarterbacks now are taught to find polamalu on our defense and when they do, they are able to change plays, calling audibles. I.E. Manning. Don't get me wrong, polamau are easily more talented than clark but by how we use polamalu, that's when I feel like it... takes away a bit from our defense, you know?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
the issue isn't Clark v Polamalu

it's if EITHER is out there's a terrrrrrible dropoff in what comes off the bench.

This...this...THIS!

And please dont compare this weeks to last.

Last week we were on the road vs Peyton Manning. This week we are home vs Mark Sanchez.

Pretty major differences and a bigger reason for why we look better.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had nothing to do with Ryan or Troy out there.

It had everything to do with Sanchez or Manning out there.
rollins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think at times we are over critical of Ryan Clark, he is no where near the player Troy is. Two reasons we looked a lot better on defense today.

The first as four three said is that we were playing manning last week and sanchez this week. Thats affects things for obvious reasons.

The second is that when Troy is out Mundy is only mildly below average as an in the box strong safety. But when Clark is out Mundy is terrible at playing deep safety he has zero ball skills or coverage skills. Since he is terrible at manning the deep safety position Troy is not allowed to play his game.

In short Clark looked very good today becuase of how much Mundy sucks. I really hope that Golden can turn into a player. I really liked what I saw from him in preseason. He looks to have the instincts and coverage ability to play free safety.
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did clark hurt his neck with that one hit?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference isn't Polamalu vs. Clark, but Mundy at FS vs. SS. The less Mundy has to be assigned to cover midfield the better off we are. Mundy's biggest strength is tackling, so he's much better near the LOS. IMO, that Holmes TD no matter how much Simms and others want to blame Ike, that looked all on him.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
The difference isn't Polamalu vs. Clark, but Mundy at FS vs. SS. The less Mundy has to be assigned to cover midfield the better off we are. Mundy's biggest strength is tackling, so he's much better near the LOS. IMO, that Holmes TD no matter how much Simms and others want to blame Ike, that looked all on him.

this, he bit HARD on an obvious playfake from football101
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing to consider is how our front 7 schemed this week after that ugly first series by the Jets

once Coach LeBeau took the reigns off and allowed us to actually put some pressure on up front, Sanchez buckled. That always makes the DBs look better.

However, Clark is the smart guy, and the QB of our secondary. He is a huge player for us.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm talking about scheme-wise. We seem to be able to play without polamalu, as a team we have learned how to replace polamalu, but as for clark seemingly we struggled more. I understand that it was manning who we played against but people forgot that we had whole pre-season to prepare for this game. Manning also isn't 100% himself. We struggled much more with replacing clark. So schemically, clark is much more vital for us. My opinion.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Actually I'm talking about scheme-wise. We seem to be able to play without polamalu, as a team we have learned how to replace polamalu, but as for clark seemingly we struggled more. I understand that it was manning who we played against but people forgot that we had whole pre-season to prepare for this game. Manning also isn't 100% himself. We struggled much more with replacing clark. So schemically, clark is much more vital for us. My opinion.

i think that, schematically, Clark is very important, but we gotta remember who we're playing against.

last season's loss was entirely on the horrid, horrid scheme.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, I think it was more on lebeau than players who was "at fault" like ike taylor.

I'm just glad to see clark back and grabbing a victory from Tebow! Its not exactly a revenge,, but still ha
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the CB played all bump and run which is to their favor. Lewis should not even play unless he is playing bump and run.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
the CB played all bump and run which is to their favor. Lewis should not even play unless he is playing bump and run.

couldn't agree more. it's "scary" to play bump and run, becuse it's risky, just like allowing our athletic DEs to rush the QB rather than titfight is "risky"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: