Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
With the injuries in Buffalo and the Jets, would we consider offering Yates in a trade? With Yates and Keenum being neck and neck for the #2 spot, losing one of them wouldn't be too bad. Yates has more value around the league given his playoff win. We might get some nice value out of him and if not we keep him.

Value as in conditional 5/6....

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe McKnight was released. Can return kicks and be a 3rd RB. Thoughts?

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
Joe McKnight was released. Can return kicks and be a 3rd RB. Thoughts?

Jets always seem to pick up our scraps at RB, so McKnight must have been pretty brutal to get the heave ho this early. He got arrested in the offseason (pretty minor stuff compared to Goodson who is still on their roster after presumably going to rehab) but also has had concussion issues. He presents as a punk if you saw that press conference a few weeks ago and he's had 3 years of opportunities that he hasn't done much as an RB.

Sadly, now BOTH kickoff returners who returned kicks for TDs on us last year were released. Apparently good returns against the Texans don't matter much on a resume.

I do think he's probably got more upside than Karim both as a RB and returner, but not sure he's worth whatever he's due as a 4th rounder, so best to let him clear waivers first. Personally, I would trust our ability to develop Cierre Wood, than fix damaged goods in McKnight. I've never been a big fan of BMOC types like McKnight in depth or ST's duty as I prefer the bottom of the roster to be humble and hungry. McKnight always struck me as Reggie Bush attitude with Lendale White talent.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning Shocked

Kinda glad we don't have to go to Mile High again and we don't face him till week 15

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, Casey on played 2 snaps in Philly's game

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/11/james-casey-wont-try-to-cause-problems-after-playing-two-snaps/

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Ouch, Casey on played 2 snaps in Philly's game

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/11/james-casey-wont-try-to-cause-problems-after-playing-two-snaps/

Another apparent failed career move for an ex-Texan. I'm not quite sure how to best interpret, but either Rick Smith is a genius at finding guys who are great fits for what we do, or the coaching staff is great at maximizing their talent. Another component is our pathetic homer press corp that just buys into whatever the team feeds them about players relative talent level instead of a discerning independent view. Whatever it is, the message needs to be pretty friggin clear to Texans players, that the grass is RARELY greener on the other side and in a league where contracts are not guaranteed, those dollars thrown at you don't mean squat if you are cut two years into it or forced to restructure to a much smaller total to avoid getting cut.

Simple fact is that Casey is a guy with 4 tds in 4 seasons and only broke 20 receptions last year when he was shoe-horned into playing time via the FB spot. For all the athleticism he flashed, he generated 11 plays over 20 yards in 4 seasons here. We were all frustrated because he seemed to have the potential to do more if used creatively, but maybe he's just a 5th round tweener who isn't good enough at any aspect of the game to justify a regular place on the field. OD was a better pass catcher, Dreessen was a better blocker, Vickers was a better lead blocker and Graham looks like a better red zone target at this point.

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone catch the Derrick Ward interview ob 610 this afternoon?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the reports that Indy just acquired Trent Richardson for a 1st rounder from the Browns, I'm dumb founded.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
If the reports that Indy just acquired Trent Richardson for a 1st rounder from the Browns, I'm dumb founded.

yup, they just got better

we desperately need another corner, one who is actually good....they arent one dimensional anymore, we have to respect the run game, opening the pass and one on one coverage by mccain Crying or Very sad
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

we desperately need another corner, one who is actually good....they arent one dimensional anymore, we have to respect the run game, opening the pass and one on one coverage by mccain Crying or Very sad

This trade wouldn't be allowed to go thru in my fantasy league for it's apparent idiocy. Anyone know if Browns owner Jimmy Haslam owned truck stops in Indiana and this is a settlement for the fraudulent rebate scam?

mse326

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I'm not really scared of him. He hasn't shown anything other than the ability to barrel into a pile and eventually get injured. Frankly Bradshaw scares me more than Richardson does, so I don't really see this helping them outside of short yardage.

#JDI
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on the Chiefs? Pretender or Semi-Contender?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Basically a very poor mans niners team from the past year with Alex smith if you ask me.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Basically a very poor mans niners team from the past year with Alex smith if you ask me.

A 2010 playoff team because they had an effective offense with Weis and defense with Crennel. 2011 the offense stinks without Weis and Charles and they think elevating Crennel is the answer. 2012 they have more injuries and Crennel proves the Peter Principle again as he is elevated beyond his skillset and coaches the team like a DC and you simply don't win when offense is an afterthought (see Rex Ryan). Reid comes in and takes command of the team instead of 1 unit, installs a simple but effective balanced offense, and is going to look like a hero. This will inevitably lead to the team giving him too much power, like the Eagles did and the talent will suffer and they will be a consistently good, never great team.

I will add that they played Jacksonville which was practically a bye week and he was uniquely qualified to expose Vick last night. The Eagles were clearly vastly overrated based upon one half vs. a gimpy RGIII (and fumble prone Morris) and that Redskins mess of a defense and it hasn't taken long for teams to realize that if you cover Desean and pressure Vick, you can just wait for his mistakes to unravel.

BTW - Is it just me or has Andy enjoyed a few too many KC ribs this offseason? He's never been trim, but he seems to have gone from merely XXL to Charlie Weis / Rex Ryan XXXXL level morbid obesity pretty quickly.

jch1911

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) This is how some of the Ravens celebrated beating us

(2) Apollo is going to love "Sweet Pea"
Quote:
Ravens KR Jacoby Jones reportedly suffered a head injury in a brawl aboard a party bus when a stripper hit him in the head with a bottle late Sunday.
The bus was reportedly filled with Ravens players and at least one stripper named "Sweet Pea," who struck Jones with a "gigantic" Ace of Spades bottle. Jones was reportedly "bleeding everywhere," and an ambulance was called, though he did not have to be hospitalized. Notorious partier Bryant McKinnie was aboard the bus, but tried to break up the brawl. No arrests were made because "no one cooperated with cops." Jones is out indefinitely with a sprained MCL.
per rotoworld per TMZ

The TMZ link (with pictures!): http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/23/baltimore-ravins-jacoby-jones-party-bus-brawl-fight-washington-dc/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 28 of 33

Jump to: