Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No good place for this, but figured it would be of some interest to board (bored?) readers. Pro Football Weekly is officially a goner. Like Z, I once appreciated the print version, but instead of maintaining editorial standards to rise above all the blog / rumor style sites they went BELOW them as a frequent source of misinformation and at times complete fabrication ). Here's hoping Nolan Nawrocki (author of annual unsourced hatchet jobs on a random 1st rounder he doesn't like the look of) that goes down with the ship never to resurface as his pathetic brand of yellow journalism fouls the water for some that still do their homework and stand by their opinions vs. just trying to create headlines stories for their byline and hope everyone forgets what complete bs it was by the next draft (which they do, since he still got run this year attacking another black QB with the same tired qualitative stereotypes vs. any quantifiable proof). Good riddance...

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2013/06/pro-football-weekly-closes-up-shop-2/

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amad Bradshaw signs a 1 yr deal with the Colts.....watch him have a healthy season....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Amad Bradshaw signs a 1 yr deal with the Colts.....watch him have a healthy season....

That's a good signing. I'm still betting on Luck having a regression.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

A regression from what? He wasn't very good last year. He threw for a lot of empty yards, but that's about it. He'll probably throw for fewer yards, but should get better at the other facets of playing QB and actually be a better player.

Ahmad Bradshaw isn't very good, injured or not. I don't think any of the Colts' RB's will excel. Their O-line just isn't good enough.

Sig by matthouston91
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

A regression from what? He wasn't very good last year. He threw for a lot of empty yards, but that's about it. He'll probably throw for fewer yards, but should get better at the other facets of playing QB and actually be a better player.

Ahmad Bradshaw isn't very good, injured or not. I don't think any of the Colts' RB's will excel. Their O-line just isn't good enough.

A regression from average TD:INT ratio to well below average. A lot of people are sure that he's going to excell and make that huge jump his sophomore year.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

A regression from average TD:INT ratio to well below average. A lot of people are sure that he's going to excell and make that huge jump his sophomore year.

I disagree. The offense around him will be better. There's no way he throws 18 picks again. He's not going to make a statistical leap (because, like I said, a lot of his statistics were superficial), but he'll improve as a football player.

Will people be disappointed? Probably. His counting stats will likely regress, and the Colts will not go to the playoffs last year. But he'll still be a better player.

Sig by matthouston91
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I disagree. The offense around him will be better. There's no way he throws 18 picks again. He's not going to make a statistical leap (because, like I said, a lot of his statistics were superficial), but he'll improve as a football player.

Will people be disappointed? Probably. His counting stats will likely regress, and the Colts will not go to the playoffs last year. But he'll still be a better player.

I'm a bit conflicted on this. Large double standards existed here as they always do for QBs as there was too little focus on his mediocre play in the first 3 quarters whitewashed largely by his legs in 4th quarters. He was poor on the road with 11 tds and 13 ints, his comp % was low at 54%, and he had soft losses against the Jets and Jags early and a soft schedule the 2nd half of the season while looking like a rookie against the Ravens in the playoffs. However, the trend line is scary as plenty of those items can be cured with experience and study and let's not forget he did most of that with a scrub like Donnie Avery as a #2 WR, mediocrity at RB, patchwork o-line, and little contribution from Fleener. I think there was a certain aspect of "mission" to that team with Pagano's illness and Arians making the most of low expectations that may difficult to repeat with increased scrutiny, but Andrew Luck is no fluke and will be a strong force that we have to contend with for the next decade. I'm not ready to proclaim him the next Manning before he earns it, but we would be crazy to not be laser focused on counter measures aimed at the unquestioned leader of a team that beat us in a game that might as well been a playoff game since it cost us a bye week. They are WAYY ahead of schedule in rebuilding a talent deprived roster I'm convinced would have stunk with or without Manning in 2011 and they are well positioned to truncate our run at the top of the division if we don't continue to reload talent and win the games we are supposed to in 2013 including beating them in Indy in the stretch run this time!

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
dsorc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Smith got a 2-year extension from San Francisco. The numbers aren't out yet but I imagine that deal should give the framework for a potential Antonio Smith extension. Justin Smith is the better player but is also 2 years older.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/smiths-new-49ers-deal-saves-4-million-in-cap/

I'd give that to Antonio in a heartbeat!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/smiths-new-49ers-deal-saves-4-million-in-cap/

I'd give that to Antonio in a heartbeat!

Pray
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More proof this NFL Players top 100 is stupid.....no way Arian was a top 10 player last year...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
More proof this NFL Players top 100 is stupid.....no way Arian was a top 10 player last year...

He was barely a top 10 RB, if he was. Let alone player overall.

Sig by matthouston91
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally didn't expect to wake up and hear that the Pats released Aaron Hernandez. That's huge for us. Especially if Gronk's injury is serious. One less TE on the Pats to worry about. Hernandez totally owned us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Totally didn't expect to wake up and hear that the Pats released Aaron Hernandez. That's huge for us. Especially if Gronk's injury is serious. One less TE on the Pats to worry about. Hernandez totally owned us.

Bill and Tom will find some no name and they'll still exploit us Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:

Bill and Tom will find some no name and they'll still exploit us Crying or Very sad

TTTTTTEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 25 of 33

Jump to: