Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texans02

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
I sure do wish the Texans played the Bills this year as I'd be the first to put out the cash to fund 80,000 candy ring pops to be displayed every time Mario failed to beat DB. I hate to mock anyone's suffering, but the irony of Mario fng Williams being "used" for money by a former Texans employee is palpable. Yo Mario, we want our $22 million for 2011 back. I guess you recovered from that "sports hernia" enough to diddle the ticket girls. Wonder if last season's "wrist tear" should have been an indication things weren't going well with the misses...

Another A+ post from Apollo.

Yes please!
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that was a 800,000 engagement ring. So Mario is suing her over not returning the ring, but he collected 22 million while only playing 1/3 of his last season with the Texans. Talk about hipocritical.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
I sure do wish the Texans played the Bills this year as I'd be the first to put out the cash to fund 80,000 candy ring pops to be displayed every time Mario failed to beat DB. I hate to mock anyone's suffering, but the irony of Mario fng Williams being "used" for money by a former Texans employee is palpable. Yo Mario, we want our $22 million for 2011 back. I guess you recovered from that "sports hernia" enough to diddle the ticket girls. Wonder if last season's "wrist tear" should have been an indication things weren't going well with the misses...

Another A+ post from Apollo.

MUST READ

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/05/ex-fiancee-of-mario-williams-responds-to-engagement-ring-lawsuit/?cmpid=sportshcat

Edit: Chron had more details

lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these supposed text convos Mario and his ex-fiance had are true, then Mario's a mental nutcase and needs help.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta face Freeney week 1 and also....

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlatan is a word people don't use enough these days...

Sig by matthouston91
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
If these supposed text convos Mario and his ex-fiance had are true, then Mario's a mental nutcase and needs help.

Quote:
RT @PapaTheTruth: @jemelehill that ring belongs to the Bills since he paid for it with it the money he stole from them

LOLOL Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzbees a good lawyer.

I drove his maybach before when I was a valet. True story.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be interesting... especially for FFMDers

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is on the verge of brokering a deal with the NFLPA that would push the annual NFL draft into May.
Per Schefter, the league will also move the new league year (free agency and trades) to ahead of the Combine, which is typically held in late February. The NFL draft is typically held around the last weekend in April. The changes, which have been in the works for awhile, are designed to "keep fans' attention over a longer period" and "use the events to produce additional revenue."
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deuces.... now Keo needs to find a new home as well
Quote:
Chiefs signed S Quintin Demps, formerly of the Texans.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabtree just tore his Achilles at 9ers OTA's Shocked Shocked

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
This could be interesting... especially for FFMDers

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is on the verge of brokering a deal with the NFLPA that would push the annual NFL draft into May.
Per Schefter, the league will also move the new league year (free agency and trades) to ahead of the Combine, which is typically held in late February. The NFL draft is typically held around the last weekend in April. The changes, which have been in the works for awhile, are designed to "keep fans' attention over a longer period" and "use the events to produce additional revenue."

I thought this was interesting. And smart. There would be effectively no dead period.

Sig by matthouston91
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I saw this earlier today as well. This sucks for Crabtree and the 49ers but I think it's an opportunity for AJ Jenkins to step up in what will be his second season in the league. I was real high on him last year. I'm looking forward to seeing what Jenkins can do.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

I saw this earlier today as well. This sucks for Crabtree and the 49ers but I think it's an opportunity for AJ Jenkins to step up in what will be his second season in the league. I was real high on him last year. I'm looking forward to seeing what Jenkins can do.

Not quite ready to put the Apollodamus stamp on it yet, but one of my early predictions is that either R. Wilson or Kaepernick stumble next year. This development certainly has me leaning more on Kaep being the one, especially since his success last year was based on an even smaller sample size than Wilson who started every game. Kaepernick and Crabtree developed chemistry A. Smith and the others weren't able to, but Kaep did nothing with V. Davis or R. Moss and Jenkins couldn't get on the field despite filler like Moss, Manningham, and Kyle Williams in front of him. Kaeps legs hid plenty of flaws in his execution as 5 of his last 6 games he had a sub 60% comp including 4 ints which isn't awful, but he's only throwing 25 passes per game vs. 35-40 like most so he has to connect and not make mistakes. There isn't a DC in the league who isn't spending the offseason improving schemes to account for the running QBs so I don't think you'll see him rushing for 60 yards per game. Going to be interesting, but I think some of the shine is going to come off the running QB concept next year as defenses adapt. Frankly, I'm glad camps are focusing on stopping the running QBs as it means less focus on the efficient pocket systems like ours.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Not quite ready to put the Apollodamus stamp on it yet, but one of my early predictions is that either R. Wilson or Kaepernick stumble next year. This development certainly has me leaning more on Kaep being the one, especially since his success last year was based on an even smaller sample size than Wilson who started every game. Kaepernick and Crabtree developed chemistry A. Smith and the others weren't able to, but Kaep did nothing with V. Davis or R. Moss and Jenkins couldn't get on the field despite filler like Moss, Manningham, and Kyle Williams in front of him. Kaeps legs hid plenty of flaws in his execution as 5 of his last 6 games he had a sub 60% comp including 4 ints which isn't awful, but he's only throwing 25 passes per game vs. 35-40 like most so he has to connect and not make mistakes. There isn't a DC in the league who isn't spending the offseason improving schemes to account for the running QBs so I don't think you'll see him rushing for 60 yards per game. Going to be interesting, but I think some of the shine is going to come off the running QB concept next year as defenses adapt. Frankly, I'm glad camps are focusing on stopping the running QBs as it means less focus on the efficient pocket systems like ours.

The running QB is here to stay, but I do believe both Kaepernick and Wilson will regress this year (Kaepernick more than Wilson), and the new QB's who were overdrafted because of their rushing ability (EJ Manuel) will be exposed for the later round prospects they are. That said, smart coaches like Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh will still figure out new ways to exploit the extra spacing provided by a mobile QB.

Sig by matthouston91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 24 of 33

Jump to: