Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30448
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
You guys can laugh, but you're lying if you give me a list of ten better QBs in the NFL. This deal pleases me because I know Dallas fans are (stupidly) ripping their hair out, as they have chosen to believe the lie that the problem is Romo and not their entire organization AND because Romo is a great QB who deserves the money.


He is a fringe top 10 QB

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Eli Manning
5. Drew Brees
6. Matt Ryan
7. Big Ben
8. Joe Flacco
9. Matt Schaub
10. Tony Romo

The 9 I listed before him is better than Romo, and in a couple of years Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Cam Newton will be better than him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:
You guys can laugh, but you're lying if you give me a list of ten better QBs in the NFL. This deal pleases me because I know Dallas fans are (stupidly) ripping their hair out, as they have chosen to believe the lie that the problem is Romo and not their entire organization AND because Romo is a great QB who deserves the money.


He is a fringe top 10 QB

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Eli Manning
5. Drew Brees
6. Matt Ryan
7. Big Ben
8. Joe Flacco
9. Matt Schaub
10. Tony Romo

The 9 I listed before him is better than Romo, and in a couple of years Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Cam Newton will be better than him.


No to Eli, Flacco, and Schaub. Borderline with Ryan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3721
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
kenney wrote:
You guys can laugh, but you're lying if you give me a list of ten better QBs in the NFL. This deal pleases me because I know Dallas fans are (stupidly) ripping their hair out, as they have chosen to believe the lie that the problem is Romo and not their entire organization AND because Romo is a great QB who deserves the money.


He is a fringe top 10 QB

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Eli Manning
5. Drew Brees
6. Matt Ryan
7. Big Ben
8. Joe Flacco
9. Matt Schaub
10. Tony Romo

The 9 I listed before him is better than Romo, and in a couple of years Luck, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Cam Newton will be better than him.


No to Eli, Flacco, and Schaub. Borderline with Ryan.


You can have your opinion, but Eli's got 2 rings, Flacco's got 1, & played like a BEAST to get his first. Everybody else on that list - EXCEPT Ryan - has one. I think that is what separates the elite QB's for the also-rans is that ability to help their team get that SB ring.

Schaub & Romo have the same # of playoff wins IIRC. Schaub got $29M guaranteed & Romo got $55M guaranteed (once again, Drew Brees money). IJS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo >>>> Schaub.

It's not even close, and I like Schaub.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14184
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Romo >>>> Schaub.

It's not even close, and I like Schaub.


Bout time we agree Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30448
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Romo >>>> Schaub.

It's not even close, and I like Schaub.


Heck no, and I'm not even being a homer either. Romo has more weapons than Schaub does and he STILL has worse numbers than Schaub. Romo is overrated to me.

Tell me this. Which contract would you rather have right now? Schaub's extension or Romo's extension? TJ Yates and Matt Schaub have the same amount of playoff wins as Romo. Enough said.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Romo >>>> Schaub.

It's not even close, and I like Schaub.


Heck no, and I'm not even being a homer either. Romo has more weapons than Schaub does and he STILL has worse numbers than Schaub. Romo is overrated to me.

Tell me this. Which contract would you rather have right now? Schaub's extension or Romo's extension? TJ Yates and Matt Schaub have the same amount of playoff wins as Romo. Enough said.

Playoff wins reflect how good a QB is? Let's go out and sign Mark Sanchez then.

Tony Romo has never had a RB like Foster, his oline is one of the worst in the league, he's never had a weapon like Andre Johnson or a QB friendly coach like Kubiak and Shanahan.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 30448
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Romo >>>> Schaub.

It's not even close, and I like Schaub.


Heck no, and I'm not even being a homer either. Romo has more weapons than Schaub does and he STILL has worse numbers than Schaub. Romo is overrated to me.

Tell me this. Which contract would you rather have right now? Schaub's extension or Romo's extension? TJ Yates and Matt Schaub have the same amount of playoff wins as Romo. Enough said.

Playoff wins reflect how good a QB is? Let's go out and sign Mark Sanchez then.

Tony Romo has never had a RB like Foster, his oline is one of the worst in the league, he's never had a weapon like Andre Johnson or a QB friendly coach like Kubiak and Shanahan.


Romo has Witten, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and during his Cowboys tenure he had number 3 wr's such as Roy Williams, Laurent Williams (2 seasons ago before he went to the Jags). Let's not act like his RB's were horrible too. They aren't Foster good, but they were at least serviceable. Barber, Jones, Murray (who was emerging until he got hurt this season).

We give Schaub flack on the way he causes us to lose games, but Romo has had more choking moments than Schaub has had in his career. I'm not pimping out Schaub to being a top 5 QB or anything, but I would take him and his contract over Romo and his contract. You have a better chance at winning at SB with Schaub than you do with Romo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Playoff wins reflect how good a QB is? Let's go out and sign Mark Sanchez then.

Tony Romo has never had a RB like Foster, his oline is one of the worst in the league, he's never had a weapon like Andre Johnson or a QB friendly coach like Kubiak and Shanahan.


Jason Garrett isn't a QB friendly coach? Marion Barber was quite good for a while there, not to mention Schaub's best seasons came before Arian Foster was a factor at all, so you couldn't be any more wrong on that point. The Cowboys O-Line while not great, is made to look worse in pass protection at times because of Romo not getting rid of the ball when he should. It's a huge exaggeration to say they were one of the worst in the league(they weren't even the worst in the division), and in some past years they have been pretty good.

The Texans O-Line by the way has never been great in pass protection, they've always been ok at best there and have been better in run blocking. The only standout individual pass blocker is Duane Brown(except his first 2 seasons), and moreover last year's right side was as bad as any in the league(and in fact the right side of Winston and Briesel was pretty mediocre pass blocking wise as well). It's complete crap to say Schaub plays behind a great line. I would expect better from a Texans fan, everyone knows the Texans line has always been better in run blocking than pass protection.

The only remotely true thing you said is that Romo never had a weapon as good Andre Johnson. But there your argument is still horrible. You know why? Romo also never had a starting receiver as bad as Kevin Walter, multiple times his third receiver has been much better than Kevin Walter. In fact his teams have always been loaded with multiple talented wide receivers, last year having both Bryant and Austin and having a HOF Tight End as well. Moreover Schaub has played many games with Andre Johnson out, heck 2011 where AJ only played 7 games wasn't that long ago, and more still where AJ wasn't healthy, and Schaub has done quite well in those games.

While one can reasonably make an argument that Romo is better than Schaub, one would be hard-pressed to do a worse job arguing the point than you just did.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Romo >>>> Schaub.

It's not even close, and I like Schaub.


Heck no, and I'm not even being a homer either. Romo has more weapons than Schaub does and he STILL has worse numbers than Schaub. Romo is overrated to me.

Tell me this. Which contract would you rather have right now? Schaub's extension or Romo's extension? TJ Yates and Matt Schaub have the same amount of playoff wins as Romo. Enough said.

Playoff wins reflect how good a QB is? Let's go out and sign Mark Sanchez then.

Tony Romo has never had a RB like Foster, his oline is one of the worst in the league, he's never had a weapon like Andre Johnson or a QB friendly coach like Kubiak and Shanahan.


Romo has Witten, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and during his Cowboys tenure he had number 3 wr's such as Roy Williams, Laurent Williams (2 seasons ago before he went to the Jags). Let's not act like his RB's were horrible too. They aren't Foster good, but they were at least serviceable. Barber, Jones, Murray (who was emerging until he got hurt this season).

We give Schaub flack on the way he causes us to lose games, but Romo has had more choking moments than Schaub has had in his career. I'm not pimping out Schaub to being a top 5 QB or anything, but I would take him and his contract over Romo and his contract. You have a better chance at winning at SB with Schaub than you do with Romo.

Roy Williams and Laurent Williams are you serious?
Felix Jones is not an NFL quality back.
Romo has outperformed Schaub in every statistical category there is, and at BEST they have similar supporting casts.
I love the Texans as much as anyone but there is nothing Schaub does superior to Romo.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Playoff wins reflect how good a QB is? Let's go out and sign Mark Sanchez then.

Tony Romo has never had a RB like Foster, his oline is one of the worst in the league, he's never had a weapon like Andre Johnson or a QB friendly coach like Kubiak and Shanahan.


Jason Garrett isn't a QB friendly coach? Marion Barber was quite good for a while there, not to mention Schaub's best seasons came before Arian Foster was a factor at all, so you couldn't be any more wrong on that point. The Cowboys O-Line while not great, is made to look worse in pass protection at times because of Romo not getting rid of the ball when he should. It's a huge exaggeration to say they were one of the worst in the league(they weren't even the worst in the division), and in some past years they have been pretty good.

The Texans O-Line by the way has never been great in pass protection, they've always been ok at best there and have been better in run blocking. The only standout individual pass blocker is Duane Brown(except his first 2 seasons), and moreover last year's right side was as bad as any in the league(and in fact the right side of Winston and Briesel was pretty mediocre pass blocking wise as well). It's complete crap to say Schaub plays behind a great line. I would expect better from a Texans fan, everyone knows the Texans line has always been better in run blocking than pass protection.

The only remotely true thing you said is that Romo never had a weapon as good Andre Johnson. But there your argument is still horrible. You know why? Romo also never had a starting receiver as bad as Kevin Walter, multiple times his third receiver has been much better than Kevin Walter. In fact his teams have always been loaded with multiple talented wide receivers, last year having both Bryant and Austin and having a HOF Tight End as well. Moreover Schaub has played many games with Andre Johnson out, heck 2011 where AJ only played 7 games wasn't that long ago, and more still where AJ wasn't healthy, and Schaub has done quite well in those games.

While one can reasonably make an argument that Romo is better than Schaub, one would be hard-pressed to do a worse job arguing the point than you just did.

Oh good Mr Iknowmorethaneveryfanofeveryteamknows is here.

I'm sure you watch more Texans games than me too right?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Oh good Mr Iknowmorethaneveryfanofeveryteamknows is here.


Just more than you. Very Happy
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Oh good Mr Iknowmorethaneveryfanofeveryteamknows is here.


Just more than you. Very Happy


yeah good luck with that.
must say I enjoy watching people tear you apart, im on my phone drinking and watching football (soccer, which I'm sure you probably think you know more than me at) so I'm not going to get into it.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29131
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Oh good Mr Iknowmorethaneveryfanofeveryteamknows is here.


Just more than you. Very Happy


no comebacks huh?

why don't you concentrate on your own team.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level



Last edited by texans_uk on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14184
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing NOT to like about Romo is he is a risk taker. Something Texan fans seem to not like at all and thats why so many are comfortable with Matt still.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 21 of 33

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group