Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
I would gladly give Winston the money that we were planning to give Barwin. He seems like he's already out the door anyways. We know what we're getting with Winston and he's definitely a fan favorite. Our offensive line would be amazing if we signed Winston, moved Newton to swing tackle, and had Brooks and Jones compete for the RG spot. With that said, I wouldn't over-pay for him.

I'd rather give him the money we owe Quin. Bring Barwin back, draft a safety on one of the first two days of the draft...
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
I would gladly give Winston the money that we were planning to give Barwin. He seems like he's already out the door anyways. We know what we're getting with Winston and he's definitely a fan favorite. Our offensive line would be amazing if we signed Winston, moved Newton to swing tackle, and had Brooks and Jones compete for the RG spot. With that said, I wouldn't over-pay for him.

I'd rather give him the money we owe Quin. Bring Barwin back, draft a safety on one of the first two days of the draft...

I'm OK with any scenario that restores the right side of the OL and gives Arian Foster the cutback lanes he didn't have last year.

As you can tell, this has me a wee bit geeked. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Marco79

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was all part of Rick Smith's plan a year ago.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
I'm feeling more of a Brown - Brooks - Myers - Jones - Winston line. Cutting Wade Smith seems like a viable option to alleviate the cap predicament we're in somewhat (at least far more palatable than cutting the Ninja and more sensible than cutting Walter).

I could see them cutting Wade Smith for cap reasons, but if they do so I hope they can draft another Guard or something. At least give Ben Jones some competition, the guy was terrible last year.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:

I'm OK with any scenario that restores the right side of the OL and gives Arian Foster the cutback lanes he didn't have last year.

Yes you are getting a bit overly excited about Winston. Yes he's great at run blocking but lets not forget he gave up 7 sacks in 2011 with the Texans and his short arms and slow feet make him a liability in pass protection. I don't think we have the money to go after Winston and he should take a pay cut and move to RG.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
kenney wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:

Yes you are getting a bit overly excited about Winston. Yes he's great at run blocking but lets not forget he gave up 7 sacks in 2011 with the Texans and his short arms and slow feet make him a liability in pass protection. I don't think we have the money to go after Winston and he should take a pay cut and move to RG.

He did only give up 3 this past season for the Chiefs. Granted, the Chiefs run a LOT more than the Texans, but worthy of note.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was on J and R this afternoon after flying into Houston, curious. He also hinted at possibly giving a slight home town discount.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartline signed for 5 years 30 million, wow, i would have given him that contract all day long
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Hartline signed for 5 years 30 million, wow, i would have given him that contract all day long

For a career #2? No thanks. The reason he got paid that much is because the Dolphins are desperate for WR and they the money available.

Quote:
Dolphins re-signed WR Brian Hartline to a five-year, $30.775 million contract with $12.5 million guaranteed.
The $6.15 million annual average is actually a tick less than expected, but GM Jeff Ireland still overpaid. While Hartline's 2012 stat line looks decent on paper -- 74 catches for 1,083 yards -- he needed top-20 targets to do it and accounted for 16.2 percent of his receptions, 23.4 percent of his yards, and 100 percent of his touchdowns in Week 4 at Arizona. (He only scored once all year.) Hartline is just 26 years old, but he's a middling No. 2 NFL receiver lacking true playmaking ability and long-range upside. Particularly if the Dolphins pair him with Mike Wallace, Hartline will likely be overvalued in 2013 fantasy drafts.

Last edited by Marco79 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of vets were informed today of their releases

Chris Gamble CB Carolina
and
Adrian Wilson S Arizona

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Texans want some safety help there will be a ton avaliable in FA. As Dawan Landry, Aaron Ross, and Adrian wilson were all cut today.

Lets make a deal starts at midnight tonight

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/55719/shane-lechlers-market-may-grow
Quote:
Though he is 36 and coming of an injury, Lechler is expected to get interest on the open market Tuesday. The Oakland Raiders have many needs and limited resources, so keeping Lechler might be difficult. ESPNís Adam Schefter has reported the Texas native is interested in joining the Houston Texans.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Quote:
Though he is 36 and coming of an injury, Lechler is expected to get interest on the open market Tuesday. The Oakland Raiders have many needs and limited resources, so keeping Lechler might be difficult. ESPNís Adam Schefter has reported the Texas native is interested in joining the Houston Texans.

Id personally would rather draft a young punter, but knowing our coaches, we will draft one, sign lechler and the rookie will end up on IR-resort
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Marco79 wrote:
Quote:

Id personally would rather draft a young punter, but knowing our coaches, we will draft one, sign lechler and the rookie will end up on IR-resort

He is coming off his worst year of his career, but I would still take Lechler. He is still one of the best punters in the league. Sign him to a 1 year deal and draft his replacement like we did with Graham.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Moore just got 5 years 32 mil from ATL. And our chances at re-signing QG just went down.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 17 of 33

Jump to: