Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm slightly shocked the Giants cut Bradshaw...

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard rumors the Dolphins are planning on breaking the bank to sign Mike Wallace. That could close a spot ahead of us where a WR might be taken.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
canyon1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1517290-predicting-every-nfl-teams-most-likely-franchise-target#/articles/1517290-predicting-every-nfl-teams-most-likely-franchise-target/page/6

It feels good to be a texan when it comes to the books being right there are alot of team that have to slim their roster this year bec they are over the cap.... Mostly the Cowboys and Jets. There are a few teams that have alot of money to work with but let them throw around big money for names that are being over valued. hopefully it shows we can keep our guys .
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Woodsen will be released by the Pack soon. Any interest from us? I havnt paid much attention to the Pack, so idk how his play has declined, but if he passes through waivers and sign realitivly cheap, do we bring him in as the 3rd safety?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the Colts have release DE/OLB and Texans terror Dwight Freeny and Austin Collie.

EDIT: Not released but they're not offering him a new contract. He seems upset saying he hoped to retire a Colt.

Come on over, the best pay back is beating them 2 times next year.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
canyon1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK about Freeny but for the right price Collie is an interesting propect to come in and compete
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canyon1 wrote:
IDK about Freeny but for the right price Collie is an interesting propect to come in and compete

Collie? No way; He's too much of a risk. Guy is a concussion magnet. You sneeze in his direction hard enough, he's got a concussion.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney and Woodson could be interesting pick ups for the Texans. Only scenario I think likely where one of them would come here is if the Texans lose out on Barwin/Quin and Freeney/Woodson come at a discount to make one more run at a ring, like a 2 or 3 year deal as we draft their eventual replacement as per our MO.

Upon looking at the numbers though. I'm not sure I'd like either one. Woodson is 36 and coming off of a shortened season with little productivity. Freeney is 32 and played through an entire year as a 3-4 backer with only 12 tackles and 5 sacks. Someone can fill me in more on the situation, but that to me looks like over the hill and misused/over the hill.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles has supposedly told DT Cullen Jenkins that he will be cut. Any interest?

Also supposedly the 9ers have a trade in place for A.Smith, but cannot announce it til the new league year starts in mid March. I wonder which team it is, the rumor is KC.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
The Eagles has supposedly told DT Cullen Jenkins that he will be cut. Any interest?

Also supposedly the 9ers have a trade in place for A.Smith, but cannot announce it til the new league year starts in mid March. I wonder which team it is, the rumor is KC.

Took half a second for me to realize you were talking about Alex Smith, not Antonio Smith (there are seven A. Smith's in the league including 2 on the 49ers). All the ill-informed posts around here that want to ditch Antonio because he is 31 and makes a decent paycheck have me a bit spooked.

BTW - Aldon Smith might be the Defensive Player of the Year if Justin Smith didn't get hurt and show how vital block gobbling 3-4 DE's are in helping pass rush OLBs rack up sack totals. Putting Antonio Smith into a d-line rotation with Justin Smith, Ray McDonald and Isaac Sopoaga with Willis, Bowman, Aldon Smith, Brooks behind them might force the NFC offenses to just go ahead and concede 2013 and start working on 2014. Kevin Kolb just got hurt for 4 weeks thinking about it...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$#%* Brady! I mean if he was on our team, I'd love him, but really taking A LOT less money in a contract extension is a class act putting the team first but it screws over the rest of the NFL......I want my blanky

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton is reporting the the Chiefs are in fact the team trading pick(s) ti the 9ers for Alex Smith

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
$#%* Brady! I mean if he was on our team, I'd love him, but really taking A LOT less money in a contract extension is a class act putting the team first but it screws over the rest of the NFL......I want my blanky

Note to Texans: time to find a supermodel with a net worth of $250 million+ in her own right to pair up with JJ Watt, so his salary requirements are mitigated. Normally I laugh when people talk about how players who restructure have made some sort of sacrifice for the team ("darn - you mean you want to pay me my entire salary in advance this year and add high dollar years to the end of my deal - i guess, but just because I'm a team player..."). However, in this case Brady appears to flatly be taking less overall dollars regardless of the conversion into guaranteed years. Since it's that Pats, I do suspect that this did not come without additional undisclosed benefits such as the ownership share/post career deals baseball folks like Pujols are getting. Also suspect to see Brady and Belichick go out together...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Note to Texans: time to find a supermodel with a net worth of $250 million+ in her own right to pair up with JJ Watt, so his salary requirements are mitigated. Normally I laugh when people talk about how players who restructure have made some sort of sacrifice for the team ("darn - you mean you want to pay me my entire salary in advance this year and add high dollar years to the end of my deal - i guess, but just because I'm a team player..."). However, in this case Brady appears to flatly be taking less overall dollars regardless of the conversion into guaranteed years. Since it's that Pats, I do suspect that this did not come without additional undisclosed benefits such as the ownership share/post career deals baseball folks like Pujols are getting. Also suspect to see Brady and Belichick go out together...

There will be jubilation around the NFL on this day!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Since it's that Pats, I do suspect that this did not come without additional undisclosed benefits such as the ownership share/post career deals baseball folks like Pujols are getting. Also suspect to see Brady and Belichick go out together...

Wouldn't/Couldn't that be viewed as a circumvention of the CBA and a salary cap violation? According to Forbes, the Pats are worth slightly over $1.6B; Even a 5% ownership stake in this franchise would net out to $80MM, which is about $10MM less than what Peyton Manning's current contract is worth in Denver (Manning's deal is also paid out over a 5 year period, with several bonuses tied to it; Manning might not see all of that $90MM).

In essence, a 5% stake in the Pats would be (at minimum) a guaranteed $80MM (assuming that one of the top teams in the NFL doesn't lose value in between now and the end of TFBs career). Even a 1% claim to the team equates out to about $16MM - roughly twice as much as Brady is slated to make now, in line with what Eli Manning makes in a season.

Great idea in principle, but I know the NFL would come crushing down on the Pats for this.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 14 of 33

Jump to: