Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the league
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Around the league Reply with quote

I feel like we need a place to talk about other teams other than the everything else thread.

Ill start off by breaking down each division in the AFC, almost 2 weeks into the regular season.

AFC North
Baltimore-After blowing out Cincy they played a tough game against the Eagles and lost today moving to 1-1. But that offense looks good, the defense is still eh without Suggs.

Pitt- After losing to Manning and the Broncos in week 1 they're currently playing the Jets. Losing DeCastro hurts their OL along with a couple other rookies that have gone down. I think their offense will be alright later in the season but their D doesnt look like it used to.

Cincy-Losing at Baltimore in week 1 hurt them but they bounced back and held on to a win again Cleveland this week. They still have a good young defense to go along with Green and Dalton. They might be able to sneak into the playoffs again. Record 1-1

Cleveland- They lost a sloppy game to Philly in week 1 with the QB's combining for 8 picks I believe, but Trent Richardson looked good today against Cincy but their comeback came up short. Weeden might be the guy there, but he's already 26 or 28 and doesnt have that much time to adjust to the NFL. Record 0-2

AFC East
Dolphins - We saw them up close and personal week 1. They have a good running game and a solid D but they're still a ways away from contending unless Tannehill becomes Marino overnight. But in week 2 Bush ran all over the raiders and they beat them 35-13. Record 1-1

Buffalo- Mario...Mario...Mario, we all know they over paid for him and now his wrist is hurt but not hurt. They have some talent especially at the skill postions in Spiller, Jackson and Johnson and on the DL but I think Fitzpatrick will hold them back. They got beat by the Jets in week 1 and then killed the Chiefs in week 2 but that's not saying much. Record 1-1

Jets-After all the media attention in the pre-season and training camp they shut everyone up in week 1 putting up 48 points and are currently beating the Steelers. After this game is over will know alot more about the Jets and we see them on MNF in a couple weeks. Record 1-0

Pats- After Handling the Titans in week 1 pretty easily they got stunned by the surprise 2-0 cardinals at home. Although they lost personally I see them as our biggest threat with what they drafted on D and all the weapons on offense. Record 1-1

AFC West
Denver- They beat Pitt in week 1 and Manning looked close to what he used to be, lacking a little arm strength and he doesnt have an offense completely dedicated to him like he did in Indy. Will see what they got next week when we come to town. They also have a tough matchup against the Falcons tonight. Record 1-0.

Oakland- They seem to be in a transition post Al Davis, they have some talent they've come up short 2 times this year once against their rival Chargers and today against the Dolphins. I still cant believe we lost that game last year.... Record 0-2

San Diego- losing Jackson will hurt their offense along with Mathews being so injury prone(glad we didnt draft him!) but they're beating the titans 17-0 currently and should move to 2-0.

Kansas City- Matt Cassel Sucks. They have Charles, Mccluster, Bowe and Derick Johnson wasting away on their defense(still wish we would of drafted him Sad) They got beat pretty handily both times this season and are 0-2.

AFC South
We already know about us sitting atop the division with a game lead over the Colts and 2 games against the Jags and possibly 2 games ahead of the Titans.

Jags- After losing a heart breaker to Minny in week 1, we completly dominated them this week to put them at 0-2. Before we got to Gabbert I saw some improvements but he resorted back to the Gabbert of old as the game wore on and left the game with a "leg injury"

Colts- Luck didnt look good week 1 against a Bears defense that's pretty good but led Indy back for a W in week 2 against a sub-par Vikings team. He has the talent but will go through some growing pains. Hopefully they're still ongoing in weeks 15 and 17. Record 1-1

Titans- Alot of people were saying CJ would be back to his old self, but it was the Chris Johnson of last year that showed up in week 1 and he hasnt done much in the 1st half against the Chargers. I think Locker still has some growing pains to go through and seems to have a connection with rookie Wright from Baylor but they should be 0-2 in a couple hours.

NFC
Just a brief overview

They East looks tougher than ever but they should beat up on each other.

San Fran took it to Green Bay in week 1 and seems to be the most complete team in the NFC.

The Saints are 0-2.

Arizona is 2-0 with a big win over the Pats today.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late games:

RG3 is a freaking beast. This Rams/Skins game is going to go to the wire.

Titans O has been horrible against the Chargers. CJ just reached 15 rushing yards in the game. Laughing

Seahawks doing work on the Cowboys.

A little fantasy talk, but are you guy's teams a little banged up now? I have Bradshaw, and Hernandez (In 2 of my leagues), and they both got injured. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody watched the Cowboys game? All my friends who are fans are complaining about the refs.

RG3 is a beast and I just wish Garcon wouldnt of gotten hurt last week Crying or Very sad

Sorry to take you to the woodshed today TF713 Cool Reggie Bush was just taking out his anger from playing us last week getting 31 points!

In my $100 league I played a guy with Eli and Nicks and their little comeback killed me Evil or Very Mad

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Anybody watched the Cowboys game? All my friends who are fans are complaining about the refs.

RG3 is a beast and I just wish Garcon wouldnt of gotten hurt last week Crying or Very sad

Sorry to take you to the woodshed today TF713 Cool Reggie Bush was just taking out his anger from playing us last week getting 31 points!

In my $100 league I played a guy with Eli and Nicks and their little comeback killed me Evil or Very Mad

Laughing It's all on my timeline on twitter. Actually it's pretty quiet right now on twitter. Haha

...and I'm getting killed by you in fantasy. Sad
All your players excluding the D and K are in double digits. Not to mention I might be banged up with injuries to Bradshaw and Hernandez.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I just wish Griffin would have thrown the damn ball to Santana Moss. How am I supposed to look smart playing Moss in my flex if he throws him like two dinky passes all day?
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans dropping to 0-2 is interesting, there could be a power shift happening in the NFC South.

The AFC South, our division, is still weak. Colts beat a below average team to go 1-1 meanwhile Jacksonville and Tenn are 0-2. We are going to have a huge lead in the division race if we are 4-0 after we play Tennessee. The Colts may be the biggest threat to us in the division right now because they seem to have the best QB play of the 3 teams. Although their defense is not a solid unit at all and they demonstrated that they aren't built to beat teams like Chicago yet.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFC West went undefeated today. Yup.

^LORK 88^
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexansFan80 wrote:

We are competing with the AFC West for worst division in the league, and we may be the winners of that contest.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
TexansFan80 wrote:

We are competing with the AFC West for worst division in the league, and we may be the winners of that contest.

I think the AFC North is living on reputation alone. Before all is said and done, this is going to be the worst Steelers team in years with an old defense, terrible o-line, and mediocrity at RB. I like Big Ben when the d is giving him leads and run game sets up the pass, but he is sack and turnover prone when he's the guy that has to make things happen. The Browns are one of the 5 worst teams in football and the Bengals never string together 2 good seasons in a row because they never have the depth to deal with injuries like they are getting hammered with now. The Ravens are solid, but Flacco and Cameron are just so stinking inconsistent. If the Texans aren't viewed the clear front runners in the AFC this week, people aren't paying attention. Next week comes the first real test for the secondary and pass blocking though which remain question marks in my eyes.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow Houstonian and former longhorn Brian Orakpo tore his pec and is done for the season.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants v Panthers tonight, who you got?

I think the Panthers win in a very high scoring shootout with Cam have a big game.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Giants v Panthers tonight, who you got?

I think the Panthers win in a very high scoring shootout with Cam have a big game.

I am going with the Panthers also. Giants don't have their key players on offense (Diel, Nicks and Bradshaw) tonight so the Panthers can focus on Cruz this week (Most likely they will put their best CB Gamble on him since Cruz is sliding over to the number 1 WR position.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant believe the Giants routed the Panthers, especially with some key starters out.

Nice job Grasspike picking up and playing Brown, you might actually come close to me this week again Wink

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up Brown in 2 of my leagues but was too hesitant to start him.

Some of the all-stars I will be playing over Brown this week:

Donald Brown, Alfred Morris, Cedric Benson... Brick wall

^LORK 88^
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker looks good and then Velasco screws it up Laughing

Feel bad for the kid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: