Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy - The Role of Fred Davis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phat21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Fantasy - The Role of Fred Davis Reply with quote

I don't have a superstar TE, mostly because I feel that they can be found in the later rounds of the draft and as well as the waiver wire.

I noticed my TE Fred Davis who was a monster last season, has had his role greatly reduced this season thus far? Is he worth keeping, it doesn't look like it will get better especially with their main target Garcon ruled out this week. His slice of the pie looks small.

I'd like to hear from an actual fan who knows the team a lot better than I do.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His job is to jump in front of the the quarterback, in shotgun formation, right as the ball is snapped
Almm24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG3 doesn't like to pass to TE's apparently. But I think it's best to keep him. We know what he can do, he just needs to develop a connection with Griffin.
a2piece89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick him up, he's due for a breakout game. As long as he catches that ish and gets a rhythm he'll churn yards. Like 5 catches

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion differs: I wouldn't waste a fantasy spot on him.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:

Agreed.
He'll be a Cowboy next season.
footy_29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Agreed.
He'll be a Cowboy next season.

Yeah, I do not see the team re-signing him. My hope is that they target a TE in the draft with some size to develop behind Niles Paul and Logan Paulsen.

Sleepy Fred deserves his nickname on a multitude of levels - he's not a go-to guy, so why pay him the equivalent? That's what I foresee as the general thought process of the FO in the off-season.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fantasy - The Role of Fred Davis Reply with quote

phat21 wrote:
I don't have a superstar TE, mostly because I feel that they can be found in the later rounds of the draft and as well as the waiver wire.

I noticed my TE Fred Davis who was a monster last season, has had his role greatly reduced this season thus far? Is he worth keeping, it doesn't look like it will get better especially with their main target Garcon ruled out this week. His slice of the pie looks small.

Over the first two weeks, here are Griffin's target numbers (includes plays where a player was targeted but the play was negated by a penalty):
Davis - 10
Robinson - 10
Moss - 9
Morgan - 7
Garcon - 4
Helu - 4
Hankerson - 3
Paul - 3
Royster - 3
Banks - 1
Briscoe - 1
Paulsen - 1

To put it another way, targets by position:
WR - 35
TE - 14
RB - 7

So, on one hand, Davis is getting the lion share of the tight end targets (71.4%). However, Griffin is only targeting the tight end 25.0% of the time.

Some other things to consider: Garcon may be out next week as well (don't know that for a fact). Morgan is likely in the doghouse after that stupid unsportsmanlike penalty. This would mean that the Redskins could conceivably start Robinson and Hankerson outside. They're both talented but they're also young. This would be a positive for Davis as that would mean he could be in the line for more balls. A negative would be that Griffin could look elsewhere given that his catch:target ratio is 44.4% (4 for 9, one of Davis' catches was called back due to penalty).

My take: don't sell on Davis yet, but if a guy like Kyle Rudolph is available, I would make him my #1 waiver priority for the week. Right now, Davis doesn't seem to be the priority for Griffin. However, that could change.
phat21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy - The Role of Fred Davis Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
phat21 wrote:

Over the first two weeks, here are Griffin's target numbers (includes plays where a player was targeted but the play was negated by a penalty):
Davis - 10
Robinson - 10
Moss - 9
Morgan - 7
Garcon - 4
Helu - 4
Hankerson - 3
Paul - 3
Royster - 3
Banks - 1
Briscoe - 1
Paulsen - 1

WR - 35
TE - 14
RB - 7

So, on one hand, Davis is getting the lion share of the tight end targets (71.4%). However, Griffin is only targeting the tight end 25.0% of the time.

Some other things to consider: Garcon may be out next week as well (don't know that for a fact). Morgan is likely in the doghouse after that stupid unsportsmanlike penalty. This would mean that the Redskins could conceivably start Robinson and Hankerson outside. They're both talented but they're also young. This would be a positive for Davis as that would mean he could be in the line for more balls. A negative would be that Griffin could look elsewhere given that his catch:target ratio is 44.4% (4 for 9, one of Davis' catches was called back due to penalty).

My take: don't sell on Davis yet, but if a guy like Kyle Rudolph is available, I would make him my #1 waiver priority for the week. Right now, Davis doesn't seem to be the priority for Griffin. However, that could change.

Thanks for the post, and the other posts as well. I have Rudolph already, I'm just upset I could have filled that flex role with someone better like Maclin, who had 1 catch but that catch was worth a heck of a lot more than Davis' season stats, lol.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy - The Role of Fred Davis Reply with quote

phat21 wrote:
Woz wrote:
phat21 wrote:

Davis - 10
Robinson - 10
Moss - 9
Morgan - 7
Garcon - 4
Helu - 4
Hankerson - 3
Paul - 3
Royster - 3
Banks - 1
Briscoe - 1
Paulsen - 1

WR - 35
TE - 14
RB - 7

Thanks for the post, and the other posts as well. I have Rudolph already, I'm just upset I could have filled that flex role with someone better like Maclin, who had 1 catch but that catch was worth a heck of a lot more than Davis' season stats, lol.

I'd definitely start Rudolph over Davis in the next few weeks. Of course, me saying that means Davis will go off ... on the week you don't start him. Unfortunately, I cannot say which week that will be. Wink

For what it is worth, Maclin may have re-aggravated his hip pointer, so you might be leaving Davis in the flex by default.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: