Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good, Bad, Ugly: Week 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
also dmac is playing soft this year and it is disgusting. he is supposed to be our heart and soul our catalyst and he is playing like a bootch. id blame the system but him running out of bounds is pissing me off.

And what about the plays where he completely reverses field, stiff arms 3 tacklers and turns a 3 yard loss into a 4 yard gain?

Or the ones where he gets hit in the backfield and makes it back to the line?

How about how he blocks like a champ for Palmer?

He's been making something out of nothing every time he gets the ball.

i give him props for that 4 stiff arm play but those plays are about once a game when they used to be once a qtr. and ill give him props for blocking. maybe its the system but id never thought he'd look this bad.

It is, bro. Watch this:

http://www.raiders1.ninjagoro.com/2012/darren-mcfadden-v-dolphins-week-02/

He has nowhere to run most of the time. And getting past the LOS is a chore.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Raider87 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
I disagree that Palmer was good, 24/48 373 is not good.This offense is about efficiency and Palmer was inaccurate today, Also the team was 1/12 on 3rd downs and there were multiple receivers running open on those third downs from my view.

Apparently teams have sold out on McFadden and they are testing Palmer so far it's working for them.

With lack of any running game what so ever and constant pressure I think Palmer played rather well and remember a lot of his passes were pretty much smart throw aways. Do I think he played flawlessly, not at all he still has to improve his accuracy, but I don't think his play is the reason we got creamed.

O-Line sucks and no running game seemed to not be a problem for Eli Manning today no more excuses for this team as a whole.

Aside from the fact that Eli is a better QB than Palmer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz > any of our WRs. And no run game? If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) their backup RB rushed for 70+ yards with over 5 YPC. Sure, its not a huge game but thats very effective running.

McFadden doesn't look very effective without a another RB to help him out the first time in his career so far its an epic fail.

Bush leaving looks like bad news for us.

So... McFadden is struggling because Bush isn't around?

In McFadden's 9 career 100 yard games, Bush only averaged 9 carries for 38 yards. Thats not even 4 yards per carry. And Bush didn't even play in one of those games. Look back at his biggest games and you'll see that Bush got barely any work in those ones. So you are really saying McFadden is struggling because Bush is gone? McFadden isn't getting fatigued, he's getting terrible blocking. Period.

Yes and No.

Yes because McFadden has always been a 1 - 2 punch with another running back Felix Jones in Arkansas and Michael Bush in Oakland.

Bush also beat up the Defense pretty good.

No because he looks lost this year he doesn't seem to be hitting the holes as hard as he was last year before his injury, he seems a little scared running out of bounds and 1 guy seems to be able to tackle him rather then a few guys to take him down.

Do I blame the OC maybe, but why couldn't McFadden catch the ball today ?

Holes? The line has to open holes in order for him to hit them, homie. Has nothing to do with having a 1-2 punch. If we still had Bush, all we would have is 2 RBs getting stuffed instead of 1.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Holes? The line has to open holes in order for him to hit them, homie. Has nothing to do with having a 1-2 punch. If we still had Bush, all we would have is 2 RBs getting stuffed instead of 1.

Agreed why they kept Cooper Carlisle and then moved him to LG was a bad move and keeping Khalif Barnes was another bad move.

Also not sure if getting Mike Brisiel was a good move is yet to be seen.

Seeing the D-Line has just played 2 of the worst O-Line's in the league and didn't have much success is also bad news.

The LB's and Safety's not able to tackle doesn't help either.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
also dmac is playing soft this year and it is disgusting. he is supposed to be our heart and soul our catalyst and he is playing like a bootch. id blame the system but him running out of bounds is pissing me off.

And what about the plays where he completely reverses field, stiff arms 3 tacklers and turns a 3 yard loss into a 4 yard gain?

i give him props for that 4 stiff arm play but those plays are about once a game when they used to be once a qtr. and ill give him props for blocking. maybe its the system but id never thought he'd look this bad.

It is, bro. Watch this:

gotta give schmitt props for that run play when we were tryna get out the endzone he blasted some guy

i dont know what it is i just know cp isnt throwin tds or ints, the great dmac hasnt even cracked 100 yrds yet rushing i dont think and got out played for the second strait week.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

It is, bro. Watch this:

Man Wiz was terrible in that video. Changing our scheme has made our second best lineman suck at what he is good at. He looked really bad. Also McFadden missed the hole a few times there. I would say at least 3 or 4 he went the wrong way. But the oline isnt doing him any favors at all.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing scheme has nothing to do with it,far more likely changing position did. Wiz just got abused, hopefully it's his injury but if not I'd prefer to see Parsons in and Wiz back at LG.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Changing scheme has nothing to do with it,far more likely changing position did. Wiz just got abused, hopefully it's his injury but if not I'd prefer to see Parsons in and Wiz back at LG.

Then how do you explain the regression of every other offensive lineman? None of our guys have looked good so far in the run game.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Then how do you explain the regression of every other offensive lineman? None of our guys have looked good so far in the run game.

Vledheer has looked just as good as before and Barnes still doesn't look any worse or better. All other OL positions are different from last year. Myabe people can explain why the scheme is the problem. Preferably something more than "but it worried last year..".
Roninho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Vledheer has looked just as good as before and Barnes still doesn't look any worse or better. All other OL positions are different from last year. Myabe people can explain why the scheme is the problem. Preferably something more than "but it worried last year..".

Well apart that it didn't work that well in the 2nd half of 2011 anyway.

W9: 100 yards - 3.8 ypc
W10: 191 yards - 4.7 ypc
W11: 162 yards -3.9 ypc
W12: 73 yards - 2.7 ypc
W13: 46 yards - 3.3 ypc
W14: 117 yards - 4.0 ypc
W15: 132 yards - 6.0 ypc
W16: 71 yards - 2.8 ypc
W17: 103 yards - 4.3 ypc

We had a 4.5 ypc average for 2011, but apart from a great game in week 15 and a 4.7 ypc @ the chargers in week 10 we were certainly below that average after week 7 (week 8 was a bye).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
Raidin wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Raidin wrote:

We had a 4.5 ypc average for 2011, but apart from a great game in week 15 and a 4.7 ypc @ the chargers in week 10 we were certainly below that average after week 7 (week 8 was a bye).

That's true but missing McFadden was obviously a big blow to our running game.
Roninho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Roninho wrote:
Raidin wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Raidin wrote:

That's true but missing McFadden was obviously a big blow to our running game.

Absolutely true. And i wasn't impressed with Bush last year as well. Having said that i do remember a bunch of games late last year where the o-line just didn't create any running room for Bush at all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
Absolutely true. And i wasn't impressed with Bush last year as well. Having said that i do remember a bunch of games late last year where the o-line just didn't create any running room for Bush at all.

I also remember Bush going down too easy for a back his size while crippling us with a lack of burst to get through holes that McFadden could get through. Our pass pro seems to have regressed a bit as well imo. Not sure how much it has to do with personnel though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

Every player on offense from last year has regress except maybe Palmer and he isnt good either. That is scheme change and coaching.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Every player on offense from last year has regress except maybe Palmer and he isnt good either. That is scheme change and coaching.

How is it scheme change?
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson Palmer played more than good enough to win.His only glaring mistake was to not throw the ball to DMC right away on that rollout to his right in the red zone.Carson Palmer is not the problem.The defense is the problem.the lack of a running game which was our bread and butter the last few years is the problem.Gregg Knapp is a problem.The people that are calling for Terrel pryor don't know anything about football.There really havent been any consistent bright spots yet this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: