Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good, Bad, Ugly: Week 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jack_Tatum


Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of you are in denial. Palmer did not have a good game. In no way am I blaming this loss on Palmer because I do think he can win games and has the skill to be a really good quarterback but he overthrew and underthrew waaaay too many times today to say his performed well. I would say his performances today was average. Of course we have bigger problems here with *COUGH* KNAPP *COUGH*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raider87 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
I disagree that Palmer was good, 24/48 373 is not good.This offense is about efficiency and Palmer was inaccurate today, Also the team was 1/12 on 3rd downs and there were multiple receivers running open on those third downs from my view.

Apparently teams have sold out on McFadden and they are testing Palmer so far it's working for them.


With lack of any running game what so ever and constant pressure I think Palmer played rather well and remember a lot of his passes were pretty much smart throw aways. Do I think he played flawlessly, not at all he still has to improve his accuracy, but I don't think his play is the reason we got creamed.


O-Line sucks and no running game seemed to not be a problem for Eli Manning today no more excuses for this team as a whole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good -
Palmer
Goodson

The Bad -
The O-Line gets pushed around
The D-Line gets pushed around
McFadden looks scared can't run or catch today
The DB's can't tackle or cover
The LB's got lost at times
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5354
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Raider87 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
I disagree that Palmer was good, 24/48 373 is not good.This offense is about efficiency and Palmer was inaccurate today, Also the team was 1/12 on 3rd downs and there were multiple receivers running open on those third downs from my view.

Apparently teams have sold out on McFadden and they are testing Palmer so far it's working for them.


With lack of any running game what so ever and constant pressure I think Palmer played rather well and remember a lot of his passes were pretty much smart throw aways. Do I think he played flawlessly, not at all he still has to improve his accuracy, but I don't think his play is the reason we got creamed.


O-Line sucks and no running game seemed to not be a problem for Eli Manning today no more excuses for this team as a whole.


Aside from the fact that Eli is a better QB than Palmer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz > any of our WRs. And no run game? If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) their backup RB rushed for 70+ yards with over 5 YPC. Sure, its not a huge game but thats very effective running.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Raider87 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
I disagree that Palmer was good, 24/48 373 is not good.This offense is about efficiency and Palmer was inaccurate today, Also the team was 1/12 on 3rd downs and there were multiple receivers running open on those third downs from my view.

Apparently teams have sold out on McFadden and they are testing Palmer so far it's working for them.


With lack of any running game what so ever and constant pressure I think Palmer played rather well and remember a lot of his passes were pretty much smart throw aways. Do I think he played flawlessly, not at all he still has to improve his accuracy, but I don't think his play is the reason we got creamed.


O-Line sucks and no running game seemed to not be a problem for Eli Manning today no more excuses for this team as a whole.


Aside from the fact that Eli is a better QB than Palmer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz > any of our WRs. And no run game? If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) their backup RB rushed for 70+ yards with over 5 YPC. Sure, its not a huge game but thats very effective running.


McFadden doesn't look very effective without a another RB to help him out the first time in his career so far its an epic fail.

Bush leaving looks like bad news for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 6321
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has nobody found this yet?

The amazing:

Quote:
RB Darren McFadden got poked in the eye late in the first quarter. He wore a visor the rest of the game and intends to keep wearing it.


https://twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL

Now, when we lose, we'll look good doing it. Cool Laughing
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4503
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
How has nobody found this yet?

The amazing:

Quote:
RB Darren McFadden got poked in the eye late in the first quarter. He wore a visor the rest of the game and intends to keep wearing it.


https://twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL

Now, when we lose, we'll look good doing it. Cool Laughing


Cool

didn't notice it until right now
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5354
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Raider87 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
I disagree that Palmer was good, 24/48 373 is not good.This offense is about efficiency and Palmer was inaccurate today, Also the team was 1/12 on 3rd downs and there were multiple receivers running open on those third downs from my view.

Apparently teams have sold out on McFadden and they are testing Palmer so far it's working for them.


With lack of any running game what so ever and constant pressure I think Palmer played rather well and remember a lot of his passes were pretty much smart throw aways. Do I think he played flawlessly, not at all he still has to improve his accuracy, but I don't think his play is the reason we got creamed.


O-Line sucks and no running game seemed to not be a problem for Eli Manning today no more excuses for this team as a whole.


Aside from the fact that Eli is a better QB than Palmer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz > any of our WRs. And no run game? If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) their backup RB rushed for 70+ yards with over 5 YPC. Sure, its not a huge game but thats very effective running.


McFadden doesn't look very effective without a another RB to help him out the first time in his career so far its an epic fail.

Bush leaving looks like bad news for us.


So... McFadden is struggling because Bush isn't around?

In McFadden's 9 career 100 yard games, Bush only averaged 9 carries for 38 yards. Thats not even 4 yards per carry. And Bush didn't even play in one of those games. Look back at his biggest games and you'll see that Bush got barely any work in those ones. So you are really saying McFadden is struggling because Bush is gone? McFadden isn't getting fatigued, he's getting terrible blocking. Period.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Raider87 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
I disagree that Palmer was good, 24/48 373 is not good.This offense is about efficiency and Palmer was inaccurate today, Also the team was 1/12 on 3rd downs and there were multiple receivers running open on those third downs from my view.

Apparently teams have sold out on McFadden and they are testing Palmer so far it's working for them.


With lack of any running game what so ever and constant pressure I think Palmer played rather well and remember a lot of his passes were pretty much smart throw aways. Do I think he played flawlessly, not at all he still has to improve his accuracy, but I don't think his play is the reason we got creamed.


O-Line sucks and no running game seemed to not be a problem for Eli Manning today no more excuses for this team as a whole.


Aside from the fact that Eli is a better QB than Palmer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz > any of our WRs. And no run game? If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) their backup RB rushed for 70+ yards with over 5 YPC. Sure, its not a huge game but thats very effective running.


McFadden doesn't look very effective without a another RB to help him out the first time in his career so far its an epic fail.

Bush leaving looks like bad news for us.


So... McFadden is struggling because Bush isn't around?

In McFadden's 9 career 100 yard games, Bush only averaged 9 carries for 38 yards. Thats not even 4 yards per carry. And Bush didn't even play in one of those games. Look back at his biggest games and you'll see that Bush got barely any work in those ones. So you are really saying McFadden is struggling because Bush is gone? McFadden isn't getting fatigued, he's getting terrible blocking. Period.


Yes and No.

Yes because McFadden has always been a 1 - 2 punch with another running back Felix Jones in Arkansas and Michael Bush in Oakland.

Bush also beat up the Defense pretty good.

No because he looks lost this year he doesn't seem to be hitting the holes as hard as he was last year before his injury, he seems a little scared running out of bounds and 1 guy seems to be able to tackle him rather then a few guys to take him down.

Do I blame the OC maybe, but why couldn't McFadden catch the ball today ?


Last edited by ch8878 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6777
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Positives

- Brandon Myers continues to play good football. I knew he had a solid skill foundation, but I underrated him athletically.
- Phillip Adams has elite vision as a punt returner On 3 straight punt returns, he made something out of nothing. He played great.
- Matt Shaughnessy had a good all around game.
- Denarius Moore made some plays down the field.
- Tyvon Branch played the run very well aside from that mistake on Bush's 2nd TD down the sideline. Bush would have broken a few more if not for Branch's ability to close so quickly around the LOS.

5 Negatives

- The running game is terrible. No holes are being opened, and the play calling is as repetitive as it gets. The lack of a running game is greatly hurting our passing game, particularly the play-action that Knapp loves to run so much.
- The Raiders pass rush has been poor, particularly from the DT position, where either Seymour or Kelly are usually good for at least pressure. Lamar Houston looks way too slow to be at DE. We're wasting his talent at DE IMO.
- Pat Lee got beat in every way possible. He's a huge problem. I don't think DVD has that poor of a game starting.
- Offensive line obviously did a poor job run blocking, but they didn't do a good job protecting Palmer in the 2nd half either. The lack of a run game made it tougher there though, so I'm not as mad about that as I am their run blocking.
- Raiders run defense went back to it's old ways during the 2nd half. It looked like they got worn down, and started playing slugish, missing tackles and not flying to the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 4503
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did i forget

Good.....next Antonio Gates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4_t0LhW04I
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14709
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Raider87 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
I disagree that Palmer was good, 24/48 373 is not good.This offense is about efficiency and Palmer was inaccurate today, Also the team was 1/12 on 3rd downs and there were multiple receivers running open on those third downs from my view.

Apparently teams have sold out on McFadden and they are testing Palmer so far it's working for them.


With lack of any running game what so ever and constant pressure I think Palmer played rather well and remember a lot of his passes were pretty much smart throw aways. Do I think he played flawlessly, not at all he still has to improve his accuracy, but I don't think his play is the reason we got creamed.


O-Line sucks and no running game seemed to not be a problem for Eli Manning today no more excuses for this team as a whole.


Aside from the fact that Eli is a better QB than Palmer, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz > any of our WRs. And no run game? If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) their backup RB rushed for 70+ yards with over 5 YPC. Sure, its not a huge game but thats very effective running.


McFadden doesn't look very effective without a another RB to help him out the first time in his career so far its an epic fail.

Bush leaving looks like bad news for us.


So... McFadden is struggling because Bush isn't around?

In McFadden's 9 career 100 yard games, Bush only averaged 9 carries for 38 yards. Thats not even 4 yards per carry. And Bush didn't even play in one of those games. Look back at his biggest games and you'll see that Bush got barely any work in those ones. So you are really saying McFadden is struggling because Bush is gone? McFadden isn't getting fatigued, he's getting terrible blocking. Period.


Yes and No.

Yes because McFadden has always been a 1 - 2 punch with another running back Felix Jones in Arkansas and Michael Bush in Oakland.

Bush also beat up the Defense pretty good.

No because he looks lost this year he doesn't seem to be hitting the holes as hard as he was last year before his injury, he seems a little scared running out of bounds and 1 guy seems to be able to tackle him rather then a few guys to take him down.

Do I blame the OC maybe, but why couldn't McFadden catch the ball today ?


agree. id also like to add that the zbs does not work for dmac everyone knows this except knapp, da and reggie. dmac balled out because hue asked him "what type of plays do you like to run" and like magic dmac had a 1k yard season. also dmac is playing soft this year and it is disgusting. he is supposed to be our heart and soul our catalyst and he is playing like a bootch. id blame the system but him running out of bounds is pissing me off.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32437
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
also dmac is playing soft this year and it is disgusting. he is supposed to be our heart and soul our catalyst and he is playing like a bootch. id blame the system but him running out of bounds is pissing me off.


And what about the plays where he completely reverses field, stiff arms 3 tacklers and turns a 3 yard loss into a 4 yard gain?

Or the ones where he gets hit in the backfield and makes it back to the line?

How about how he blocks like a champ for Palmer?

He's been making something out of nothing every time he gets the ball.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20263
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
How has nobody found this yet?

The amazing:

Quote:
RB Darren McFadden got poked in the eye late in the first quarter. He wore a visor the rest of the game and intends to keep wearing it.


https://twitter.com/CorkOnTheNFL

Now, when we lose, we'll look good doing it. Cool Laughing


Unless they're the colored ones the clear visors do nothing but hurt you. Thats probably why he dropped those passes. You lose the ball with the sun reflecting off the clear visor.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14709
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
also dmac is playing soft this year and it is disgusting. he is supposed to be our heart and soul our catalyst and he is playing like a bootch. id blame the system but him running out of bounds is pissing me off.


And what about the plays where he completely reverses field, stiff arms 3 tacklers and turns a 3 yard loss into a 4 yard gain?

Or the ones where he gets hit in the backfield and makes it back to the line?

How about how he blocks like a champ for Palmer?

He's been making something out of nothing every time he gets the ball.


i give him props for that 4 stiff arm play but those plays are about once a game when they used to be once a qtr. and ill give him props for blocking. maybe its the system but id never thought he'd look this bad.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group