Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brassglobos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/05/cleveland-browns-joe-thomas-says-what-everyone-was-thinking-about-peyton-hillis/

I'm glad McDaniels rid us of this cancer one of the few good things he did.

No it wasn't. Say what you will about Hillis, he still had a good season his first year in Cleveland and we traded him for a more expensive player in Brady Quinn who was utterly worthless. We gave up draft picks too. No, that was a horrible move.
Hillis had an average year running the ball the only year he's done anything noteworthy, and more expensive? Maybe that season Quinn was but with that contract that he got no way, maybe he should go join the CIA he'd be better off doing that.

I never said anything about what we got for Hillis but with the contract he wanted and the kind of player he is, no thanks keep him far away from this team as possible.

Cancer? How so? Just because a guy doesn't know how to handle a contract dispute doesn't mean he is a cancer. You could make a better case that Tebow was more of a cancer than Hillis. And I like Tebow way more than I liked Hillis. Joe Thomas didn't even say anything bad about Hillis, just the situation.

Some of you guys overreact and dramatize things too much. He handled a tough situation poorly. RBs are a dime a dozen (and they know this), when it's your turn to get paid, you have to make the call to hold out or play and possibly get injured. It's probably the toughest call out of any position when it comes to contracts. Hillis didn't handle well. MJD didn't handle it well. Johnson didn't handle it well. It almost always a distraction. Guess those guys are cancerous too.
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been very much against the Apple monopoly since I was in high school. No iPods, No iPads, No iPhones, No Apple computers.

With the news that Apple is spending $100M to open a plant here in the US to begin production of one of its products, Im on board. Hopefully its the ipads because those tablets are pretty legit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Ive been very much against the Apple monopoly since I was in high school. No iPods, No iPads, No iPhones, No Apple computers.

With the news that Apple is spending $100M to open a plant here in the US to begin production of one of its products, Im on board. Hopefully its the ipads because those tablets are pretty legit.

You just don't like Apple or are you against them because they operate overseas?

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

You just don't like Apple or are you against them because they operate overseas?

Well... Honestly, I dont hate them as a company. I actually love the business. When I graduated HS in 2002, I used all the money I had to buy stock in Apple, so Im totally fine with the success ($$$$). I actually havent cashed out a single dime since HS. Up over 900%.

The reason I really hate Apple is the following. All my friends and family have iphones or ipads and talk about this and that all the time. "Look at my cool phone!!!" Ugh. Ive always been the one to not follow the trends of the world and this stood true here.

I honestly have not one Apple product just stock. I have a droid phone, an HP desktop, and an HP laptop.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Well... Honestly, I dont hate them as a company. I actually love the business. When I graduated HS in 2002, I used all the money I had to buy stock in Apple, so Im totally fine with the success ($$$$). I actually havent cashed out a single dime since HS. Up over 900%.

The reason I really hate Apple is the following. All my friends and family have iphones or ipads and talk about this and that all the time. "Look at my cool phone!!!" Ugh. Ive always been the one to not follow the trends of the world and this stood true here.

I honestly have not one Apple product just stock. I have a droid phone, an HP desktop, and an HP laptop.

Ahh I get it. Apple is the King of marketing/advertising. It cracks me up how they marketed the iphone 5. There are faster phones, phones with bigger screens, nfc chips. All this even before the iphone 5 even came out. And then there is the maps issue.

Some people love status quo. I got a Galaxy S3, wife has an iphone 4s. Both of us are very happy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work for Halliburton during the summers when I was in college. Had a chance to buy $15,000 worth of Apple stock at $60/share. So what did I do? I bought a Ducati 999. Brick wall Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my bike, but I could have bought three of those for the money that Apple would have made me. Who would have thought that their stock would go all the way to $700/share? Definitely learned a serious lesson there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/05/cleveland-browns-joe-thomas-says-what-everyone-was-thinking-about-peyton-hillis/

No it wasn't. Say what you will about Hillis, he still had a good season his first year in Cleveland and we traded him for a more expensive player in Brady Quinn who was utterly worthless. We gave up draft picks too. No, that was a horrible move.
Hillis had an average year running the ball the only year he's done anything noteworthy, and more expensive? Maybe that season Quinn was but with that contract that he got no way, maybe he should go join the CIA he'd be better off doing that.

I never said anything about what we got for Hillis but with the contract he wanted and the kind of player he is, no thanks keep him far away from this team as possible.

Cancer? How so? Just because a guy doesn't know how to handle a contract dispute doesn't mean he is a cancer. You could make a better case that Tebow was more of a cancer than Hillis. And I like Tebow way more than I liked Hillis. Joe Thomas didn't even say anything bad about Hillis, just the situation.

Some of you guys overreact and dramatize things too much. He handled a tough situation poorly. RBs are a dime a dozen (and they know this), when it's your turn to get paid, you have to make the call to hold out or play and possibly get injured. It's probably the toughest call out of any position when it comes to contracts. Hillis didn't handle well. MJD didn't handle it well. Johnson didn't handle it well. It almost always a distraction. Guess those guys are cancerous too.
Hillis quit on his team he's a cancer the same as Titus Young.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Well with that logic MJD, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, and you could even throw in Eric Dickerson are all cancerous. Hillis didn't quit on his team, he held out for more money. I guess you call that "quitting."

And what Titus Young did is completely different. Hillis didn't purposefully hurt the offense like Young did.

Donut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I've never been a fan of apple and prefer Microsoft. I ended up getting an Mac for my laptop(programs I was going to need for school were cheaper and I'd save money). I obviously make comparisons between it and PCs. Both have pros and cons to them but I dont dislike it.

Though I have never owned an Iphone, Ipad or Ipod. I have an Android and that thing went to hell and its a little knicked up. A lot of the damage came in my large trek through the woods to vote. In comparison to my friend whose Iphone fell out of his pocket it the tar and screen shattered. I'm not spending a lot of money for something like that.... IPad is cool but kinda useless imo. Its like a bigger Iphone w/o calling ect... I dont understand the need for most of the people tha own them. Some business people have them w/ legit uses and I get that, not so much teenagers.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Ahh I get it. Apple is the King of marketing/advertising. It cracks me up how they marketed the iphone 5. There are faster phones, phones with bigger screens, nfc chips. All this even before the iphone 5 even came out. And then there is the maps issue.

Some people love status quo. I got a Galaxy S3, wife has an iphone 4s. Both of us are very happy.

Yeah, Im moving to Samsung next I think. Excellent reviews.

Problem is that I have awkwardly-sweaty-palm syndrome (Hyperhidrosis). Every time I use a touch screen the sweatiness of my fingers taps something I shouldnt. iPhones would be a disaster in my eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Well with that logic MJD, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, and you could even throw in Eric Dickerson are all cancerous. Hillis didn't quit on his team, he held out for more money. I guess you call that "quitting."

And what Titus Young did is completely different. Hillis didn't purposefully hurt the offense like Young did.
Did you not watch Hillis at all last season? Those other players you mentioned held out but they showed up and played. Hillis did not give any effort at all why do you think Cleveland let Hillis just walk?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Problem is that I have awkwardly-sweaty-palm syndrome (Hyperhidrosis).

Dude, I used to have the same thing. Mine was bad and when I got into the business world I had to do something about it. I shake hands with too many people to be worried every time I extended my hand. The procedure to correct it is a very simple outpatient surgery. It was honestly the best decision I have ever made. You should definately look into it.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is dedicated to lomax unfollowing me on twitter. It's okay....some people can't handle the awesome. I'm not hurt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, iPhones are trash. They have a nice camera and everything, but I like to pick up a phone and know that it's my phone. The variability offered by Droids is just better. I think the only reason a MacBook is a good investment is for college, or if you're a musician, otherwise you will not be able to convince me that a 1,200 dollar computer is a wise investment when there are computers for a quarter of the price that have equal specs. The Apple following is really annoying as well. I know plenty of people with iPhones that are fine, but there's plenty more who think that because it has a bigger screen than before that it's the best phone ever. My HTC One X is so much nicer than any iPhone, IMO.

Even news that Apple is making things in the US (which I think is great for the economy and all), is not enough to sway me to ever buy any of their overpriced junk.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Not one product, but the best by-product. You win!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 41 of 100

Jump to: