Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roddy white claiming the falcons will go 16-0. notice he failed to mention what would happen in the playoffs...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/roddy-white-thinks-falcons-can-go-16-0/
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made this trade in my 20-team money league

I gave up Dwayne Bowe and Johanthan Dwyer for Desean Jackson and Daniel Thomas. Now rollin' with this lineup

QB
Peyton Manning

WR
Eric Decker

WR
DeSean Jackson

RB
Jamaal Charles

RB
Daniel Thomas

TE
Joel Dreessen

W/R/T
Ryan Broyles

Lawrence Tynes

(Hou - DEF)
Also have Kendall Wright and Rashard Mendenhall on my bench

What do you guys think of that trade?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
roddy white claiming the falcons will go 16-0. notice he failed to mention what would happen in the playoffs...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/08/roddy-white-thinks-falcons-can-go-16-0/
Sad thing is they have a chance with that joke of a schedule. But they won't got undefeated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy I can't wait until Russell Wilson comes back down to Earth. I'm already rolling my eyes at the comments from Seahawks fans in the general section.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:

Now that Roddy's most recent prediction has blown up in his face, he thought it'd be a good idea to say the Falcons "gave them game" to the Saints. He is on the right track to being a Terrel Owens type of WR.

Now I don't like the Falcons or the Saints so I don't have a biased opinion, but it sounds like Falcons have some ignorant guys on their team.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8622943/roddy-white-says-atlanta-falcons-gave-victory-new-orleans-saints

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Boy I can't wait until Russell Wilson comes back down to Earth. I'm already rolling my eyes at the comments from Seahawks fans in the general section.
That's just a cesspool of stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

I'm actually lovin' it. The kids really lightin' it up. Any time a kid proves the draft gurus wrong I like it and he's doing that in spades.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I'm actually lovin' it. The kids really lightin' it up. Any time a kid proves the draft gurus wrong I like it and he's doing that in spades.

He's not proving anyone wrong. Russell Wilson has the least pass attempts per game of anyone in the NFL and only one team(Jacksonville) has less passing 1st downs per game. He plays a minor role in that offense and isn't much of a player. Calling the guy a game manager would be nice, he's not even Jason Campbell at this point. He's a bit player who idiots are hyping because of whatever few plays a game he makes that are good.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

He's not proving anyone wrong. Russell Wilson has the least pass attempts per game of anyone in the NFL and only one team(Jacksonville) has less passing 1st downs per game. He plays a minor role in that offense and isn't much of a player. Calling the guy a game manager would be nice, he's not even Jason Campbell at this point. He's a bit player who idiots are hyping because of whatever few plays a game he makes that are good.

I absolutely disagree. He doesn't have the fewest attempts, that distinction goes to Alex Smith. His attempts per game are within 1 or two of Matt Schaub, RGIII, Josh Freeman with similar results.

He's doing virtually the same as those mentioned, in a run based offense. To downplay his performance to the level you do lacks credibility on your part.

Dislike him if you want, but facts are facts. He's a rookie QB, performing at a high level in the NFL. Something many pundits said he could not do.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumervil's MRI came up negative, muscle strain I believe I heard.

Looks like the GDT is mine again. Never had made one in my 5 years here until last 2 weeks Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Dumervil's MRI came up negative, muscle strain I believe I heard.

Looks like the GDT is mine again. Never had made one in my 5 years here until last 2 weeks Laughing

Good news on Doom. As to the bolded, congrats! You're on a roll.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Karl makes me not want to watch these Nuggets. I hate his line-ups, his tactics, and his don't play inexperienced player mentality. I want him gone!! Can we get a coach that can run a half court offense and defense..

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I absolutely disagree. He doesn't have the fewest attempts, that distinction goes to Alex Smith. His attempts per game are within 1 or two of Matt Schaub, RGIII, Josh Freeman with similar results.

This is why "per game" is important. You just mentioned a bunch of players who have had bye weeks(also Wilson's pass attempts are not within 1 or two of any of them). That's the only reason Seneca Wallace is within shouting distance of any of them. Robert Griffin, Josh Freeman, Alex Smith all of them are in run first offenses where the amount of responsibility they have is diminished and in Smith's case are in such a dominating run offense that they don't even have to pass most of the time. Yet all of them are significantly ahead of Wilson in pass attempts per game. Matt Schaub is a guy whose pass attempts per game are lower than they have been in years simply because the Texans have been in so many games where much of the 2nd half they're just burning clock. He's had at least one game where his backup finished the game and yet Schaub is still averaging 30 pass attempts per game.

Russell Wilson is basically playing a similar role to Tim Tebow last year. They put him an empty room with a straightjacket so he won't hurt himself. The people saying he's performing at a "high level" are the same types who thought Tebow was performing at a high level last year or Alex Smith last year. He's not doing anything "pundits" said he couldn't do.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

This is why "per game" is important. You just mentioned a bunch of players who have had bye weeks(also Wilson's pass attempts are not within 1 or two of any of them). That's the only reason Seneca Wallace is within shouting distance of any of them. Robert Griffin, Josh Freeman, Alex Smith all of them are in run first offenses where the amount of responsibility they have is diminished and in Smith's case are in such a dominating run offense that they don't even have to pass most of the time. Yet all of them are significantly ahead of Wilson in pass attempts per game. Matt Schaub is a guy whose pass attempts per game are lower than they have been in years simply because the Texans have been in so many games where much of the 2nd half they're just burning clock. He's had at least one game where his backup finished the game and yet Schaub is still averaging 30 pass attempts per game.

Russell Wilson is basically playing a similar role to Tim Tebow last year. They put him an empty room with a straightjacket so he won't hurt himself. The people saying he's performing at a "high level" are the same types who thought Tebow was performing at a high level last year or Alex Smith last year. He's not doing anything "pundits" said he couldn't do.

Missed the fact that Wilson had an extra game. So, he's averaging 25 APG vs Smith at 24, RGIII at 29 and Schaub and Freeman at 30.

As far as the bolded, toss Wilsons name in with the rest of them. Seattles the #7 team in the NFL in rushing yards per game ahead of the Texans and TB.

So if that statement applies to them it must also apply to Wilson.

"Wilson's in a run first offense where the amount of responsibility he has is diminished and in some cases has such a dominating run offense that he doesn't even have to pass ".

When the Pats stuffed the running game, he went off for almost 300 yds and 3 TD's to get the win.

His main weakness as I see it is his inability to win on the road, but that will come.

Anyway, we obviously disagree about his ability. IMO a comparison between he and TT isn't close. Wilson's had some great games already, high comp %, good mental choices and good accuracy.

He may never be in a Pro Bowl, but he can be a winner in this league.

Last edited by AKRNA on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else try to buy the nexus 4 today? shows i ordered three Shocked just need one phone lol Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 28 of 100

Jump to: