Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
United vs Real Madrid, 2nd leg, Champions League.

Doesn't get much better ... UNITED UNITED UNITED

Let's go Man U!!!
Will be at the bar with my Real Madrid homie, should be interesting.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah don't you just love ESPN.

"Live From Yankees" camp, who can't wait to see that segment? There is such a dearth of Yankees news on ESPN I'm glad they had Shilling and Kurkjian there to update us. Rolling Eyes

My friend had a good saying the other day, "ESPN doesn't cover the M-L-B, they cover the N-Y-Y.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

"Live From Yankees" camp, who can't wait to see that segment? There is such a dearth of Yankees news on ESPN I'm glad they had Shilling and Kurkjian there to update us. Rolling Eyes

My friend had a good saying the other day, "ESPN doesn't cover the M-L-B, they cover the N-Y-Y.
Which is why I really hope this new Fox Sports station is competitive with them. Down with the king!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Which is why I really hope this new Fox Sports station is competitive with them. Down with the king!

I didn't know Fox Sports was starting a national sports news channel. That will be nice, although Fox is a never-ending hype and self-promotion machine (so is ESPN for that matter) so let's say I'll be skeptical.

When I'm at the gym I will listen to either 104.3 the fan or 102.3 ESPN radio. Well, on the weekends, both carry national shows rather than the local stuff. And both do nothing but tirelessly promote their own stuff; on ESPN radio the talk is the Yankees, the Jets, the Lakers and "bracketology." On Fox, it was NASCAR and UFC, why, because the Fox was broadcasting the Daytona 500 and a fight that weekend.

Honestly, the my biggest gripe is ESPN isn't their big-market, East Coast bias, the shameless self-promotion or even their hyping salacious stories but their "embrace debate" BS. Barry Melrose is one of the very best analysts of any sport on any network and yesterday they put him into an awful "debate" with the insufferable Stephen A. Smith. It was so terrible and in such poor taste I had to turn over to a cable news channel.

JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres nothing wrong with the Yankees all over the news. When your the most historical franchise in all of sports, youre worth talking about.

Plus, the Yankees are absolutely news worthy right now. Curtis Granderson, Mark Texeira and A-Rod are all out for opening day. Thats their 2, 4 and 5 hitters from last year. No other team has had the success they have and are facing injuries already. Sort of like the Lakers coverage right now.

No offense to the Denver folks but when your market is NYC, theres just a completely different wavelength in terms of media coverage. Get used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Theres nothing wrong with the Yankees all over the news. When your the most historical franchise in all of sports, youre worth talking about.

Plus, the Yankees are absolutely news worthy right now. Curtis Granderson, Mark Texeira and A-Rod are all out for opening day. Thats their 2, 4 and 5 hitters from last year. No other team has had the success they have and are facing injuries already. Sort of like the Lakers coverage right now.

No offense to the Denver folks but when your market is NYC, theres just a completely different wavelength in terms of media coverage. Get used to it.
Well that's fine but it doesn't have to be every show, every day. There's a difference between reporting the news of players being out and idiots wasting our time talking about most of the time pointless topics on the team. It's not worth talking about how the Red Sox like boozing in the clubhouse who cares report actual news.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

There isn't enough Yankees coverage from the umpteen million TV and radio stations and countless websites in the NYC area? Since ESPN markets itself as a national sports channel, they need to act like it. MLB Network and NFL Network, the latter to at least some extent, cover their leagues with a far more balanced approach.

If there are 10 NBA games on a given night, each game should get roughly a 2 minute highlight and recap on the 11pm Sports Center, right? It's in no way justifiable to show 10 seconds of the Nuggets/Rockets game and then 3 minutes of Heat/Bulls followed by a 5 minute roundtable discussion on LeBron and then, after a commercial break, a 7-minute "debate" segment on who's better LeBron or Kobe. That's the kind of crap that irritates people about ESPN.

I remember in 2006 Matt Holiday was the Rockies lone representative in the MLB All Star game. When announcing the pick, ESPN showed a picture of 3B Garret Atkins and then a 15-second highlight reel of Todd Helton. But, somehow, in the same broadcast ESPN had the time to devote ~5 minutes to A-rod's photo of kissing himself in the mirror. No, I am not making this up.

jonnyj20

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I do computer support for a very large company and yesterday I had a lady (mid 30's) give me her work laptop to fix. Well before I fixed it I backed everything up and noticed that she had personal sex videos/pictures on her work laptop......I'm thinking I'll make one of them her desktop wallpaper when I give it back to her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
So I do computer support for a very large company and yesterday I had a lady (mid 30's) give me her work laptop to fix. Well before I fixed it I backed everything up and noticed that she had personal sex videos/pictures on her work laptop......I'm thinking I'll make one of them her desktop wallpaper when I give it back to her.

LMAO that's amazing. Probably the greatest work story I have ever heard in my entire life. Hahahahaha

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
Laughing

Deserves it for being that dumb.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

That's great!!!

When I started reading the story I thought it was going to be a "she thought her laptop was broken but it was just a dead battery." My buddy works in IT and has a ton stories like that. He gets called in a 3am one night (he works for a hospital so he has to be on call 24-7) because a computer in the radiology department is "broken." He gets up, drives 30 minutes in the snow in the middle of night, arrives, investigates and discovers the monitor cable was loose.

elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Truth. Its about the numbers and the cayyysh.

With all that being said, the Yankees are going to be SO bad this year. Going to be the beginning of a pretty long stretch of losing for this franchise. I'm a Yankees fan in the brace position, cuz this team is going to crash and burn this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

lmfao some people are so stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the question we're all curious about is whether she's hot or not. I mean, that's sorta the elephant in the room that I'm just gonna bring up.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I think the question we're all curious about is whether she's hot or not. I mean, that's sorta the elephant in the room that I'm just gonna bring up.

here here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 96 of 100

Jump to: