Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Kind of want to taking a flying lesson of spring break, I've done about 50 hours in a simulator. Only problem is its pretty expensive and difficult to get a pilots license.

I did it once. Early in my marriage, when we reaaaaaaaaaaly couldn't afford it, my wife got me an introductory flying lesson for my birthday. It was cool. This was +15 years ago, and it may be different now considering it is now post 9/11, but I spent about half an hour in a classroom doing the obligatory safety stuff, then we went out, got into a plane, and the instructor went over what the controls do, and the little aspects of flying physics.

He then told me what to do to taxi out to the runway, we took off (he did this, lol). Then after the takeoff, he showed me how to do the basic things, like how to go left - right - up - down etc. Then he let go and said have at it. After about 15-20 minutes he took back over and landed.

I have always said I wanted to go back and get my license, but now that my kids are hitting college, which is very truly reaaaaaaly expensive, I may be 50 before that happens.
Yeah it's about $170 a lesson and by the time you get your license around $10,000.

At least if I went into a first lesson I'd have a pretty good understanding of how to fly and everything, and I'm an ATC student so that helps.

Check out some flying clubs in your area. A huge amount of that cost is plane rental. You can probably whittle that down a bunch through a club or a "time share"(multi owner) plane.

Just a thought.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Kind of want to taking a flying lesson of spring break, I've done about 50 hours in a simulator. Only problem is its pretty expensive and difficult to get a pilots license.

I did it once. Early in my marriage, when we reaaaaaaaaaaly couldn't afford it, my wife got me an introductory flying lesson for my birthday. It was cool. This was +15 years ago, and it may be different now considering it is now post 9/11, but I spent about half an hour in a classroom doing the obligatory safety stuff, then we went out, got into a plane, and the instructor went over what the controls do, and the little aspects of flying physics.

He then told me what to do to taxi out to the runway, we took off (he did this, lol). Then after the takeoff, he showed me how to do the basic things, like how to go left - right - up - down etc. Then he let go and said have at it. After about 15-20 minutes he took back over and landed.

I have always said I wanted to go back and get my license, but now that my kids are hitting college, which is very truly reaaaaaaly expensive, I may be 50 before that happens.
Yeah it's about $170 a lesson and by the time you get your license around $10,000.

At least if I went into a first lesson I'd have a pretty good understanding of how to fly and everything, and I'm an ATC student so that helps.

Check out some flying clubs in your area. A huge amount of that cost is plane rental. You can probably whittle that down a bunch through a club or a "time share"(multi owner) plane.

Just a thought.
Yep there's a couple clubs flying out of Centennial which is where I'd like to work in the tower eventually. Don't know if I'd want to work at DIA, 1,700 flights is a lot of stress and a lot of work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Just a thought.
Yep there's a couple clubs flying out of Centennial which is where I'd like to work in the tower eventually. Don't know if I'd want to work at DIA, 1,700 flights is a lot of stress and a lot of work.

Good thinkin'. There's a pretty high burnout rate at major airports.

In Alaska the situation is reversed. Ancorage International is a pretty cake job while Merrill Field is way busy.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Just a thought.

In Alaska the situation is reversed. Ancorage International is a pretty cake job while Merrill Field is way busy.
Alaska is the best place to get a job quickly, just boring I imagine and a lot of crashes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
M-High Marauder wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Just a thought.

Alaska is the best place to get a job quickly, just boring I imagine and a lot of crashes.

Not as boring as you'd think. Not just major airlines, but lots of charter services and Air Taxis in addition to the thousands of personal aircraft. Add in all the military and you've got pretty busy skies.

I'd guess almost every city with 2000+- people has a controlled airport. Seems to me it'd be a great place to start a career.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Richard Sherman Darrelle Revis back and forth on twitter is pretty great. Sherman's a little confused. Revis playing with him. Playful crap talk, fun with neither doing anything to look like a piece of garbage. Makes me a little more of a Revis fan.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
This Richard Sherman Darrelle Revis back and forth on twitter is pretty great. Sherman's a little confused. Revis playing with him. Playful crap talk, fun with neither doing anything to look like a piece of garbage. Makes me a little more of a Revis fan.
Sherman's problem is he never shuts up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:

Idk why it would have changed post-9/11...those Muslim dudes flew those planes pretty well, right into those buildings
broncospride95

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:
Chiefs released Breaston. Maybe now we'll stop hearing about how amazing he is and how he's better than Decker Rolling Eyes

Lol. Jonathan Baldwin you're next. Breaston has always been a mediocre Jabar Gaffney type player so I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league by the time the regular season starts next year.

Could not agree more. Gaffney is a great comparison.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for Kings fans...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all Nugget fans here...

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/j-r-smith-pipe/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
For all Knicks fans here...

Fify

That idiot doesn't play for Denver.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Fify

The NBA is the worst league of all major sports, but ive always liked that guy haha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Fify

The NBA is the worst league of all major sports, but ive always liked that guy haha
He was my favorite Nugget definitely, but he is so stupid at times.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to tell Karl to give the ball to at least one of these 3 players: Iguodala (can shoot over the defender, pretty sure that he's clutch), Gallinari (can shoot over anyone, can drive to hoop for foul), Chandler (can shoot over defender). Get the theme? As much as I like Miller and especially Lawson, I want a guy taking those last shots to be a tall guy with a smooth jumper.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 87 of 100

Jump to: