Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
According to the southern ct area news twitter feed my towns got the highest snowfall total in he state at 16 inches ago... That was two hours ago, and the snows falling at 4 inches per hour according to the news.

Time for the next shovel off!

Big Vick says 16 inches is nothing! Nevertheless, stay safe. I think as long as you have a fireplace, booze, and food...this could be fun...to bad there is no football then you could just hunker down, get drunk and fat. That's what I always did when I lived in that area of the USA.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
According to the southern ct area news twitter feed my towns got the highest snowfall total in he state at 16 inches ago... That was two hours ago, and the snows falling at 4 inches per hour according to the news.

Big Vick says 16 inches is nothing! Nevertheless, stay safe. I think as long as you have a fireplace, booze, and food...this could be fun...to bad there is no football then you could just hunker down, get drunk and fat. That's what I always did when I lived in that area of the USA.

Hockey all day. Also rented Flight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Hockey all day. Also rented Flight.

Those of you in the Northeast, stay safe and warm!
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
It hasn't snowed like that in Denver since 2006.

Yeah I remember that. We had like three blizzards in a 10 day period. My friends and I almost got stuck in Denver. We went down to see Allen Iverson's first game with the Nuggets and ignored the weather warnings. Took us 4 hours to get home in the blizzard driving up I-25 to FoCo.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
1234567 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
From a pure laughter standpoint, there's guys I miss around here. Some stuff was pure comedy.

Things are good now, so no complaints. I wish we had some of the old posters back, especially because some of them (UK, Kevin, ClockworkOrange were really, really knowledgeable)(even if Kevin and I sparred at times Laughing )

What happened to those guys? I remember CWO stopped posting after Shanny got fired. Not sure when UK and Kevin stopped, but it's been a while since I've seen anything from either of them.

No, CWO stopped posting when Mac got fired. He was such a huge Mac homer and way over the top with his praise that I think when Mac crashed and burned here, and no one could deny that his tenure here was anything short of disastrous, that he just faded away.

This may very well be true, but CWO knew his football from an X's and O's standpoint. I wish he was still posting because even if he was a homer, he had a lot of knowledge.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
1234567 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
From a pure laughter standpoint, there's guys I miss around here. Some stuff was pure comedy.

Things are good now, so no complaints. I wish we had some of the old posters back, especially because some of them (UK, Kevin, ClockworkOrange were really, really knowledgeable)(even if Kevin and I sparred at times Laughing )

What happened to those guys? I remember CWO stopped posting after Shanny got fired. Not sure when UK and Kevin stopped, but it's been a while since I've seen anything from either of them.

No, CWO stopped posting when Mac got fired. He was such a huge Mac homer and way over the top with his praise that I think when Mac crashed and burned here, and no one could deny that his tenure here was anything short of disastrous, that he just faded away.

This may very well be true, but CWO knew his football from an X's and O's standpoint. I wish he was still posting because even if he was a homer, he had a lot of knowledge.

Oh I agree 100%! Him, UK and Kevin all brought a lot to the table, I wish all three were still here.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If y'all get a chance, check out Maryland's gold uniforms today. They're sick.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3 snowed in haha yeaaa. My end of the train line is still not operating so probably not working tomorrow. Most side streets aren't plowed either. National Weather service had the top snowfall total for all states a couple towns away from mine - 40" my town was fourth on the list with 36". Pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Day 3 snowed in haha yeaaa. My end of the train line is still not operating so probably not working tomorrow. Most side streets aren't plowed either. National Weather service had the top snowfall total for all states a couple towns away from mine - 40" my town was fourth on the list with 36". Pretty cool.

Been thinkin' about your situation elliot. Pretty crazy. Snow like thats not that unusual up here, but I'm out in the Alaskan bush. Fire up my tractor and move snow in the areas I want cleared.

Trying to move that amount of snow from an urban environment would be a nightmare. Just hunker down and enjoy! Very Happy
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Been thinkin' about your situation elliot. Pretty crazy. Snow like thats not that unusual up here, but I'm out in the Alaskan bush. Fire up my tractor and move snow in the areas I want cleared.

Trying to move that amount of snow from an urban environment would be a nightmare. Just hunker down and enjoy! Very Happy

Yea I have a friend from Vermont whose like this shouldn't be this big a deal. It's a heavy snow, and the problem is, like you said, in a suburban area, there's just no where to put the amount of snow. It's heavy, and unless its government trucks, the regular trucks just can't push it a street length, so I'm guessing they'll have to bring in buckets and dump trucks to get the side streets done. The state trucks have no problems, those things are crazy. The town trucks can't handle this though, there were plenty of them getting stuck. Pictures were pretty funny.

My passat is kickin arse in this stuff so far haha. Was skeptical about one huge hill that was not plowed so well, flew up. Was fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Yea I have a friend from Vermont whose like this shouldn't be this big a deal. It's a heavy snow, and the problem is, like you said, in a suburban area, there's just no where to put the amount of snow. It's heavy, and unless its government trucks, the regular trucks just can't push it a street length, so I'm guessing they'll have to bring in buckets and dump trucks to get the side streets done. The state trucks have no problems, those things are crazy. The town trucks can't handle this though, there were plenty of them getting stuck. Pictures were pretty funny.

My passat is kickin arse in this stuff so far haha. Was skeptical about one huge hill that was not plowed so well, flew up. Was fun.

You just can't plow that much. It takes dump trucks and loaders 'cause you've got to move it.

I only clear around my cabin and sawmill, maybe 1/2 acre, but to get the snow back far enough you've got to plow twice that area just to have a place to put it. It shrinks a lot by late march.

Tough enough at my place, and an enormous task where you are. I'll bet people are already bitchin' aren't they?
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

You roll in the Passat too? Swag Cool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

You just can't plow that much. It takes dump trucks and loaders 'cause you've got to move it.

I only clear around my cabin and sawmill, maybe 1/2 acre, but to get the snow back far enough you've got to plow twice that area just to have a place to put it. It shrinks a lot by late march.

Tough enough at my place, and an enormous task where you are. I'll bet people are already bitchin' aren't they?

Nah people are actually in good spirits, making it fun. It's the weekend though, and people will get high strung when they have to miss work because they're not plowed out. My end of the train line to New York still isn't ready to run, the rest of them are though. The railroad says they're short workers because so many are stuck at home with un-plowed back roads in our area.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Lol yea just got a 2013. Standard always fun to drive, pretty quick, good in the snow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Lol yea just got a 2013. Standard always fun to drive, pretty quick, good in the snow.

Oh niiiiiiiiice. Yeah I'm in a 99 and I love her

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 83 of 100

Jump to: