You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
out of state can also mean a mountain of debt

Ain't that the truth and it's the primary reason I went to CSU instead of the University of Michigan. Part of me does wish I would have gone to Michigan though. It's a better school and it would have been badass to go to a school with elite football and basketball programs.

They're having a good year, but lets not call them an elite basketball program. But football games would have been awesome.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I thin Cris Carter was a great player and is absolutely deserving of a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He would have got my vote each and every year he was eligible, this year included.

That said, I found his open complaining (okay, B'ing & M'ing) that he didn't get in the last two years to be appalling. His crying today upon finally getting elected made me equally sick.

Am I the only one who appreciates humbleness? You just don't campaign for the Hall of Fame. You don't whine and complain on national TV when you don't make it on your first ballot. And then don't act like you've overcame all obstacles and you're some sort of come-from-behind-underdog like Rocky when you do make it.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I thin Cris Carter was a great player and is absolutely deserving of a spot in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He would have got my vote each and every year he was eligible, this year included.

That said, I found his open complaining (okay, B'ing & M'ing) that he didn't get in the last two years to be appalling. His crying today upon finally getting elected made me equally sick.

Am I the only one who appreciates humbleness? You just don't campaign for the Hall of Fame. You don't whine and complain on national TV when you don't make it on your first ballot. And then don't act like you've overcame all obstacles and you're some sort of come-from-behind-underdog like Rocky when you do make it.

Completely obnoxious on his part, I agree. It's pretty ridiculous to see a grown man act that way when being awarded the highest honor in the league. I don't see any of the seniorguys who are in way past when they should have been openly complaining and acting like Carter. Then again, there are some stories I have heard about Cris Carter from some very very reliable sources about his time with the Eagles that I'll share via PM if anyone is interested. Those stories are probably why it took him awhile to get in.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Ain't that the truth and it's the primary reason I went to CSU instead of the University of Michigan. Part of me does wish I would have gone to Michigan though. It's a better school and it would have been badass to go to a school with elite football and basketball programs.

They're having a good year, but lets not call them an elite basketball program. But football games would have been awesome.
I wouldn't call UM elite either yet but they have had runs of great teams.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

Fab 5 and this year, but between there... never did too much.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Completely obnoxious on his part, I agree. It's pretty ridiculous to see a grown man act that way when being awarded the highest honor in the league. I don't see any of the seniorguys who are in way past when they should have been openly complaining and acting like Carter. Then again, there are some stories I have heard about Cris Carter from some very very reliable sources about his time with the Eagles that I'll share via PM if anyone is interested. Those stories are probably why it took him awhile to get in.

I'd love to hear those stories when you get a minute.

elliot878 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

Yeah I just more being a marquee program in a major conference. They don't have the basketball history of Duke or UNC or Indiana and it certainly doesn't measure up to their football program's history.

Oh and I went to the CSU/Wyoming basketball game last night at Moby in FoCo and the place was crazy! The basketball program up there has come a long way, it wasn't anything like that when I was there. It was a lot of fun, I'll be going to a lot more games this year.

bhslinebacker wrote:
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 points clear! UNITED

MUFC OK
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I'd love to hear those stories when you get a minute.

elliot878 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

Yeah I just more being a marquee program in a major conference. They don't have the basketball history of Duke or UNC or Indiana and it certainly doesn't measure up to their football program's history.

Oh and I went to the CSU/Wyoming basketball game last night at Moby in FoCo and the place was crazy! The basketball program up there has come a long way, it wasn't anything like that when I was there. It was a lot of fun, I'll be going to a lot more games this year.
Eustachy is a good coach. Basketball in general on the front range is very good. CSU is a tourney team, CU is a tourney team. Metro State is ranked #1 in DII, and Wyoming and AF aren't bad either.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I think its awesome when a sport becomes a hot ticket locally and kind of just changes the sports landscape around a certain area. Nice to see that evolution happening at CSU for ya, AAA.

In New Haven county CT where I live there's never been much to see for d1 sports. Yale is Yale, its about academics not sports. Yale vs Harvard is a huge tailgate party for the entire city, and kids from all the local colleges go and party, but the game itself, no one really cares. Yale hockey has been good for quite a while, but no real local rivals in the past to fuel the growth of the sport or generate buzz. Recently though, people are taking more notice of Quinnipiac hockey, which is a town away from Yale, has become a big time college hockey program. They played last night and there was definitely some buzz around the area as both teams are ranked in the division 1 top 10. It's cool that there's two big time tickets for college hockey in town now, and the games get pretty nuts. I just got tickets to see Quinnipiac in a couple weeks, so I'm pumped.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to 2-3 Denver University hockey games a year, they're almost always top 10 and always fun to go to.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
In New Haven county CT where I live there's never been much to see for d1 sports. Yale is Yale, its about academics not sports. Yale vs Harvard is a huge tailgate party for the entire city, and kids from all the local colleges go and party, but the game itself, no one really cares. Yale hockey has been good for quite a while, but no real local rivals in the past to fuel the growth of the sport or generate buzz. Recently though, people are taking more notice of Quinnipiac hockey, which is a town away from Yale, has become a big time college hockey program. They played last night and there was definitely some buzz around the area as both teams are ranked in the division 1 top 10. It's cool that there's two big time tickets for college hockey in town now, and the games get pretty nuts. I just got tickets to see Quinnipiac in a couple weeks, so I'm pumped.

broncosfan07 wrote:
I go to 2-3 Denver University hockey games a year, they're almost always top 10 and always fun to go to.

Hockey is a sport that, even with the NHL lockout, has a bigger following out here than most think. I'm at all surprised its big even at the college level in the Northeast.

Have you made it to a Cutthroats game, 07? They get a ton of hype by the Denver media since they play in the metro area but the Eagles are the better team up here in Loveland. I go to probably a dozen Eagles games each year. It's so sweet because one, the Budweiser Center is like 15 minutes from my house out in Centerra, we usually hit my bar before and after the game, tickets are only $20 for good seats and the hockey, while certainly not at a NHL level, is always entertaining.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Eustachy is a good coach. Basketball in general on the front range is very good. CSU is a tourney team, CU is a tourney team. Metro State is ranked #1 in DII, and Wyoming and AF aren't bad either.

Yeah it's great to see good college basketball being played out here. And, like you said, it's not just CU and CSU; Air Force knocked off #22 SDSU the other night.

bhslinebacker wrote:
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

Hockey is a sport that, even with the NHL lockout, has a bigger following out here than most think. I'm at all surprised its big even at the college level in the Northeast.

Have you made it to a Cutthroats game, 07? They get a ton of hype by the Denver media since they play in the metro area but the Eagles are the better team up here in Loveland. I go to probably a dozen Eagles games each year. It's so sweet because one, the Budweiser Center is like 15 minutes from my house out in Centerra, we usually hit my bar before and after the game, tickets are only $20 for good seats and the hockey, while certainly not at a NHL level, is always entertaining.
I've seen the Eagles play a few times but not the Cutthroats yet.

DU/CC games are intense, people don't really understand how big of a rivalry it is until you actually attend a game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

I've seen the Eagles play a few times but not the Cutthroats yet.

DU/CC games are intense, people don't really understand how big of a rivalry it is until you actually attend a game.

It's been goin' strong for over 50 years. I never missed a DU game when I was a kid.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
9 points clear! UNITED

CHELSEA

Thanks, Tzimisce

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 77 of 100

Jump to: