You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Had enough
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfan466230 wrote:
Hey we're about 11 hours and 24 minutes into FA, so please wait. I've only seen one big FA signed so far-Sam Madison.

Theres been a lot more than Sam Madison. Bentley to name 1. But I was watching the Bentley press conference on NFL Network and it appeared that he had no intentions of playing anywhere other than Cleveland, where his roots trace back to.

And I agree with stayllns and epackfan on TT's draft. The Rodgers was a no brainer. And other than Collins I don't think it was really that great. And the people talking about the Robert Thomas trade and saying that it was a move that he made, it really made no difference. Robert Thomas is a piece of lard and that was the biggest move we've made for a long time. Drop the Thomas conversation he doesn't have any value to me.
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Had enough Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
I've had enough of TT. With all of the money we have, y don't we go out and get a couple of big name players. Instead he's overpaying for garbage players like Manuel. 2 mil a year, I don't want him for that much. Now lets target Pickett. He's gonna really help the team. We'll probably end up giving him 3 million a year for that. He's likely gonna have a draft that leaves Packers fans upset. I want to see him leave.

I'm glad Thompson isn't falling into these traps:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9301471

Early, big spending on FAs usually has a way of hurting the team in the long run.
msmre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Had enough Reply with quote

mgcc1949 wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
I've had enough of TT. With all of the money we have, y don't we go out and get a couple of big name players. Instead he's overpaying for garbage players like Manuel. 2 mil a year, I don't want him for that much. Now lets target Pickett. He's gonna really help the team. We'll probably end up giving him 3 million a year for that. He's likely gonna have a draft that leaves Packers fans upset. I want to see him leave.

I'm glad Thompson isn't falling into these traps:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9301471

Early, big spending on FAs usually has a way of hurting the team in the long run.

Thanks Magic. I have been trying to say this all day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patient planning is always better than instant gratification splash.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather got a quality safety like Adam A or Tank W or even Corey C but we got Marquand M. I am not sure what his contract is but he better be signed for the lowest possible contact we could sign him for. I agree early signing of big names usually comes back to bite you and right now there are still some good guys out there. I would like to take a look at Arrington, Carter, Witherspoon, Woodson, and Warfield. These guys could all be a huge upgrade to our defense IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed him 10 million 5 years. Witherspoon is a goner, teams have offered him as much as 13 million in bonuses. I don't think we land much of anybody, TT's not gonna overpay but it looks like this year thats the only way to lande someone.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a horrible contract IMO he should have been signed to one mill a year for five years. I think we could possible land Andre Carter or someone right on his line of play. I know Arrington is going to get one of those huge overpaid contract again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Thats a horrible contract IMO he should have been signed to one mill a year for five years. I think we could possible land Andre Carter or someone right on his line of play. I know Arrington is going to get one of those huge overpaid contract again.

He would have made 8 million for 4 years in Seattle. 1 M a year would not have gotten him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He would have made 8 million for 4 years in Seattle. 1 M a year would not have gotten him

Then he was not worth getting in the first place he is a depth player at the most he plays special teams.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:
He would have made 8 million for 4 years in Seattle. 1 M a year would not have gotten him

Then he was not worth getting in the first place he is a depth player at the most he plays special teams.

Doubt it Kiwi.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:

Not according to the fans of Seattle, this was a good pickup, he can start at SS right away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not according to the fans of Seattle, this was a good pickup, he can start at SS right away.

I doubt it this guy is a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again not according to the fans that actually watched him last year, he only has to beat out roman, and thats not that hard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Once again not according to the fans that actually watched him last year, he only has to beat out roman, and thats not that hard.

I would not call a guy a joke if I have not seen him play I have watched the guy in Cinni and a few games last year. He has played four years and has not had one INT. He started in Cinni but Roman took his job. I doubt he can take it from Roman this guy is a backup and was a waste of our money.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:

Ray, if his last name isn't Huff or Johnson, then he will never start at SS for the Packers. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: